Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1644

Thread: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Feels like I just passed a $100M gall stone. Ahhhhh.

2. Post thanked by:

Historian (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,911 Times in 5,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You just can't make this up.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    You just can't make this up.
    I made a solemn promise not to.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Now the Phins will have to make a decision on Oliver Vernon and Cameron Wake. Wake had more sacks in half as many games as Williams and Vernon had more sacks and three times as many tackles.

Looks to me that the Dolphins would have been better served signing their own players.

Dumber than the average blonde :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,861 Times in 6,850 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    C'mon now, the guy must not be getting enough attention at home. Blondie must be on vacation or blowing the neighbor, I wonder how close he lives to Mario.
    I can ASSURE you, that he gets PLENTY of attention at home .... Coastal was a smart man and married a chick what will throw a MAJOR ****ing temper tantrum when she does not get his attention... now go back to playing with your dick, it appears its all you got
    I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

7. Post thanked by:

Historian (03-10-2016)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I can ASSURE you, that he gets PLENTY of attention at home .... Coastal was a smart man and married a chick what will throw a MAJOR ****ing temper tantrum when she does not get his attention... now go back to playing with your dick, it appears its all you got
    Whoa, where have you been this whole time? I'm surprised you found some free time to post now that Mario is in town, how's your jaw?

Coastal was a smart man and married a chick what will throw a MAJOR ****ing temper tantrum when she does not get his attention...
    That honestly sounds like a miserable situation.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Coastal was a smart man and married a chick what will throw a MAJOR ****ing temper tantrum when she does not get his attention.
    Portrait of the new age American, especially American women.

Still children even in their 40's.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bert, that is ... ehrrm ... irritating, to say the least

12. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (03-10-2016)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,074 Times in 15,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

14. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (03-10-2016),BillsFanInNM (03-10-2016),coastal (03-10-2016),Fixxxer (03-10-2016),Ginger Vitis (03-11-2016),Lucidvizion (03-10-2016),pmoon6 (03-10-2016),swiper (03-10-2016),YardRat (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

this has never been about Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams. This has always been about the decision making process that went into making him the highest paid defensive player in the franchise's and NFL's history.

We went all in on this guy and what was the return...

...16 years and counting. It's that simple.

If you want to make this thread about my hate or obsession with one person... that person isn't Mario Williams.

its Russ Brandon.

he has sold you the Fool's Gold and pawned it off as real.

All ive done is try to help educate you all as to the reality of what you bought hook line and sinker.
    This is the best post in this thread. (I edited it down for brevity)

I haven't commented on the Mario situation, because I was taking a little time to digest it all, while focusing on hockey, but the crux of the matter for me, was that you could take more than a handful of names over the last sixteen seasons, and replace them with "Mario Williams".

Some examples:

Drew Bledsoe
    Terrell Owens
    Lawyer Malloy
    Derrick Dockery
    Kawika Mitchell

Then there's the draft picks:

Donte Whitner
    JP Losman
    Willis McGahee
    Chris Kelsay
    Leodis McDumbass
    CJ Spiller
    Torell Troup
    Aaron Maybin

Then there's just the plain bad luck:

Kevin Everett

Look at some of those names. Players we went "all out on. Think about not just their performance, but the alternatives that we did NOT take because of them.

Mario Williams is just the latest in a very long string of splash signings, all in the name of selling tickets, to cover the fact that this has been a very bad football team.

The irony, in my mind, is that despite all this, ticket sales are again reaching record numbers. At this point I don't think anyone even cares about what goes on on the field.

They're just there for a party.

I'm with Coastal on this one, because of the pattern. Everyone misfires once and a while, but sixteen years of it, in the era of free agency, is unconscionable, IMO.

At some point even the Pegulas are going to tire of it.

The front office needs gutted, as does the scouting staff.

On a personal note, when your kid asks you, "Were the Bills ever any good?" it's kind of sad.

As bad as the '70's were, we at least had some successes.

The last twenty years have been painful...not to mention costly.
    Last edited by Historian; 03-10-2016 at 06:14 AM.

16. Post thanked by:

coastal (03-10-2016)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    This is the best post in this thread. (I edited it down for brevity)
    Kind of humorous that the best post in this thread still had to be edited.

Here's a thread I started on a different site... I was bombed with hate over it.

Im still wondering why... 1 tackle for a million dollars...

can I get a woot woot?!
    Here's the worst post in this thread, the very first one. It also includes the worst sentence in this thread, which is also the very first one.

Why would someone who was 'bombed with hate' somewhere else post the exact same thread here? What would be the point? This whole thread has been a big jerk off.

I haven't commented on the Mario situation, because I was taking a little time to digest it all, while focusing on hockey, but the crux of the matter for me, was that you could take more than a handful of names over the last sixteen seasons, and replace them with "Mario Williams".

Some examples:

Drew Bledsoe
    Terrell Owens
    Lawyer Malloy
    Derrick Dockery
    Kawika Mitchell

Then there's the draft picks:

Donte Whitner
    JP Losman
    Willis McGahee
    Chris Kelsay
    Leodis McDumbass
    CJ Spiller
    Torell Troup
    Aaron Maybin

Then there's just the plain bad luck:

Kevin Everett

Look at some of those names. Players we went "all out on. Think about not just their performance, but the alternatives that we did NOT take because of them.

Mario Williams is just the latest in a very long string of splash signings, all in the name of selling tickets, to cover the fact that this has been a very bad football team.

The irony, in my mind, is that despite all this, ticket sales are again reaching record numbers. At this point I don't think anyone even cares about what goes on on the field.

They're just there for a party.

I'm with Coastal on this one, because of the pattern. Everyone misfires once and a while, but sixteen years of it, in the era of free agency, is unconscionable, IMO.

At some point even the Pegulas are going to tire of it.

The front office needs gutted, as does the scouting staff.

On a personal note, when your kid asks you, "Were the Bills ever any good?" it's kind of sad.

As bad as the '70's were, we at least had some successes.

The last twenty years have been painful...not to mention costly.
    It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to understand that the front office of a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 16 years has made some bad decisions. However, you can't fault the current front office for making the decisions that were made 8 years ago. They should be criticized for the more recent bad decisions.

18. Post thanked by:

Topas (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to understand that the front office of a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 16 years has made some bad decisions. However, you can't fault the current front office for making the decisions that were made 8 years ago. They should be criticized for the more recent bad decisions.
    And that's the whole point to this thread. Just the latest in a long line of high profile misfires.

Go into the thread I just bumped up for you, and read my post #82.

These are the people I'm talking about. (and the service numbers come right out of the 2015 media guide) not Rex, Doug, etc.

This is part of the power structure that has been in place since at least Polian.

20. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And that's the whole point to this thread. Just the latest in a long line of high profile misfires.

Go into the thread I just bumped up for you, and read my post #82.

These are the people I'm talking about. (and the service numbers come right out of the 2015 media guide) not Rex, Doug, etc.

This is part of the power structure that has been in place since at least Polian.
    How does one misfire without at least firing? Seems like a hindsight thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    How does one misfire without at least firing? Seems like a hindsight thing.
    If I had eyes in the back of my head I would have never let the owner of Roman Cafe catch me stealing that roll of TP from the men's room.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If every player we sign is going to have to carry the weight of 16 years of missed expectations, then naturally bitterness and threads like this are going to result.

He was brought it to get sacks and he did. He was brought in to improve our defense and he did. When he stopped doing that, we cut him.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

24. Post thanked by:

YardRat (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Portrait of the new age American, especially American women.

Still children even in their 40's.
    Yeah, she throws temper tantrums when she doesn't get his attention and considers this a positive thing? It's childish, like you allude to...that's obvious.

So it really comes as no surprise that coastal NEEDS his attention as well...thus this thread going on 1,500 posts. He had one on the Range that was gigantic too. Why? "Look at me. Look at me!"

If you get attention, that makes you very important and special, right? Doesn't even matter HOW you get said attention either to "those people" apparently.
    Last edited by feldspar; 03-10-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,911 Times in 5,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    If every player we sign is going to have to carry the weight of 16 years of missed expectations, then naturally bitterness and threads like this are going to result.

He was brought it to get sacks and he did. He was brought in to improve our defense and he did. When he stopped doing that, we cut him.
    You're missing the point... which is suprising to me because you're one of the smarter posters out here IMO.

first and only question and to address your statement about Mario being brought in for sacks and please answer this as honestly as you can (putting aside all of the BS in this thread)... was it wise for a franchise without an NFL playoffs starting caliber QB to make a guy like Mario, who had to that point in his career promising but inconsistent production, the highest paid player in the history of the franchise and the highest paid defensive player in the history of the game... to as you put it.... get sacks?

My answer to that is no and throughout this whole thread I've provided snipets as to why.

honestly I can't figure out why this is a hard concept to get.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're missing the point... which is suprising to me because you're one of the smarter posters out here IMO.

first and only question and to address your statement about Mario being brought in for sacks and please answer this as honestly as you can (putting aside all of the BS in this thread)... was it wise for a franchise without an NFL playoffs starting caliber QB to make a guy like Mario, who had to that point in his career promising but inconsistent production, the highest paid player in the history of the franchise and the highest paid defensive player in the history of the game... to as you put it.... get sacks?

My answer to that is no and throughout this whole thread I've provided snipets as to why.

I solemnly promise that you should shut the **** up, finally.

It's over, Sport.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think you are creating a false choice. Improving the defense does not mean we lose the chance to find a franchise QB. What franchise QB did signing Mario cost us? The one you keep bringing up is Manning, but we were never a possibility for him.

29. Post thanked by:

YardRat (03-10-2016)