Thread: Dolphins notebook:Former ticat standout Marcus Thigpen makes impact for Dolphins

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,537 Times in 2,764 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dolphins notebook:Former ticat standout Marcus Thigpen makes impact for Dolphins

Last year, there was debate whether Reggie Bush should handle kick and punt returns.

On Sunday, Marcus Thigpen did his part to silence those conversations. Thigpen scored the Dolphins only touchdown in their 30-10 loss to the Houston Texans on a 72-yard punt return in the third quarter. It was the first return touchdown for the Dolphins since Ted Ginn Jr. scored against the Philadelphia Eagles in 2007.

"It's a great feeling," Thigpen said. "It sucks to lose, but I give credit to the guys up front. They did their job and allowed me to do my job."

Bush even joked the play will push him further from the return game.

"I'm retired. I've moved up in the world and I'm just doing running back stuff now," Bush said. "It was such a huge play for us in the second half. We need a big play like that and he gave us a spark"

After falling behind 24-3, the play pulled the Dolphins within 14. It was the closest the Dolphins would get the remainder.

"I'm sure when I watch the tape of that play you'll see a lot of guys doing their jobs, doing things right," Philbin said. "He made an impact in the game obviously. We were hoping to get a big play on special teams and we did."

Thigpen is a former CFL standout, who was a sensation for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats before joining the Dolphins. He proved his talents could carry over into the NFL. After getting past the initial defenders, all left to do was outrun Texans punter Donnie Jones.

"I saw the seam and that was it," Thigpen said. "I had one guy to beat and I saw the punter and coach said if I get tackled by the kicker then I owe him $500 so I can't do that."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,6231489.story

3 ticats tried out for the big league and all 3 made it. But none for the bills. Do they even look north anymore.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,537 Times in 2,764 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Dolphins notebook:Former ticat standout Marcus Thigpen makes impact for Dolphins

And this guy is even better, IMO.I hope the bills are paying attention.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.uIEj8r4OnO4