• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Michael Turner charged with DUI/Speeding

Atlanta Falcons running back Michael Turner was charged with driving under the influence and speeding Tuesday morning, just hours after his team beat the Denver Broncos on Monday night.

Atlanta Falcons running back Michael Turner was jailed on charges of drunken driving and speeding early Tuesday, just hours after he scored a touchdown in the team's win over the Denver Broncos.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Michael Turner charged with DUI/Speeding

Fantasy owners everywhere are shaking...
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• JoeMama
      Emotion Sickness
      • Oct 2002

He's my RB-4.

Life will go on. He's a minimal yardage guy who might snake a TD or two, if you're lucky.

I was hoping to dangle him as trade bait to somebody desperate for RB help.

But alas, this DUI has foiled my plans.

Also, if you're a millionaire, what are you doing driving home drunk?

Get a cab, dude.

If I was worth that kind of coin, I'd buy a golden limo chauffeured by Fonzworth Bentley himself.
      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
        He's my RB-4.

Life will go on. He's a minimal yardage guy who might snake a TD or two, if you're lucky.

I was hoping to dangle him as trade bait to somebody desperate for RB help.

But alas, this DUI has foiled my plans.

Also, if you're a millionaire, what are you doing driving home drunk?

Get a cab, dude.

If I was worth that kind of coin, I'd buy a golden limo chauffeured by Fonzworth Bentley himself.
        This will not affect Turner at all this season. By the time the case makes its way through the court system, the season will be over.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Too much celebrating.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            Too much celebrating.
            Youngish person working in show biz with pockets full of jingle whooping it up. Sounds like 95% of Hollywood. But he won't have the Beverly Hills judiciary to smooth the road like for Charlie Sheen, Lindsey Lohan, Alec Baldwin, etc etc etc.

Life is so unfair.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mouldsie
              • Aug 2012

If I were an athlete I would not drink in season (well technically I wouldn't at all but I'm a twisted individual).

I think if you could craft a team of professionals with that mindset (ala Ray Lewis or Arian Foster) you're chances of winning consistently would dramatically increase. I also think that my prior statement alone should encourage it more if we are to assume winning is important to the player.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Even though people shouldn't I can see why average people will drive home after drinking since it costs so much for a cab or in small towns like I live there are no such things as cabs. Just about everyone has driven home when they shouldn't have.

When you are making millions a year I just can't believe most of these guys still choose to drive when going out to party. If you're going to make that choice at least don't be stupid about it and drive 30mph over the speed limit in the process. Most reasonable people who are driving home will put the cruise control on and make sure they make a complete stop everywhere to ensure they don't get pulled over for a traffic violation while they have been drinking.

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                  If I were an athlete I would not drink in season (well technically I wouldn't at all but I'm a twisted individual).

I think if you could craft a team of professionals with that mindset (ala Ray Lewis or Arian Foster) you're chances of winning consistently would dramatically increase. I also think that my prior statement alone should encourage it more if we are to assume winning is important to the player.
                  Arian Foster is getting so much heat for going vegan.

He looks fine to me though.
                  Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                    • Aug 2012

I think his timing was poor, unless he already did it before he announced it (usually you will lose some weight then gain it back people say). Hasn't hurt him though I agree. I wonder what supplements he uses if any. I would have to think he's taking a lot of amino acids to keep his muscle mass, especially in season.

As I wondered in another thread, I want to know how the body produces cholesterol and subsequent hormones on a vegan diet. I know it can, I don't know the process or efficacy. Any biology peeps?

And Ray Lewis looks fine with his more omnivorous/mediteranean style of eating as well.
                    Last edited by Mouldsie; 09-19-2012, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• JoeMama
                      Emotion Sickness
                      • Oct 2002

I think his timing was poor, unless he already did it before he announced it (usually you will lose some weight then gain it back people say). Hasn't hurt him though I agree. I wonder what supplements he uses if any. I would have to think he's taking a lot of amino acids to keep his muscle mass, especially in season.

As I wondered in another thread, I want to know how the body produces cholesterol and subsequent hormones on a vegan diet. I know it can, I don't know the process or efficacy. Any biology peeps?

And Ray Lewis looks fine with his more omnivorous/mediteranean style of eating as well.
                      The amount of protein that humans need daily is grossly overrated.

You can meet your nutrition needs without meat easily.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                        The amount of protein that humans need daily is grossly overrated.

You can meet your nutrition needs without meat easily.
                        To live I agree.... but being a high level strength athlete is a different story IMO and personal experience.

When I load my diet with extra BCAA's/Leucine/AA's I notice a difference.

Tony Gonzalez agrees.

Comment

• JoeMama
                          Emotion Sickness
                          • Oct 2002

To live I agree.... but being a high level strength athlete is a different story IMO and personal experience.

When I load my diet with extra BCAA's/Leucine/AA's I notice a difference.
                          You don't need that much l-lysine.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                            • Aug 2012

No that I want to derail this compelling Michael Turner thread.... Leucine and Lysine are different compounds. You dont need a lot of either one. Need and optimal are also entirely different.

These findings suggest that increasing the concentration of leucine in an EAA supplement consumed during steady state exercise elicits a greater MPS response during recovery. This trial is registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01366924.

The present study was designed to determine postexercise muscle protein synthesis and whole body protein balance following the combined ingestion of carbohydrate with or without protein and/or free leucine. Eight male subjects were randomly assigned to three trials in which they consumed drinks cont …

The aim of this study was to assess the effect of leucine supplementation on elements of the ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS) in rat skeletal muscle during immobilization. This effect was evaluated by submitting the animals to a leucine supplementation protocol during hindlimb immobilization, after …

Branched chain amino acids (BCAA), particularly leucine, have been suggested to be ergogenic for both endurance and strength/power performance. This study investigated the effects of dietary leucine supplementation on the exercise performance of outrigger canoeists. Thirteen (ten female, three male) …

You only need 400 iu of Vitamin D a day but to avoid the negative effects of winter in Buffalo 5,000 iu is often needed. You wont die without it, but you'll feel/perform much better with it.

If you are getting enough calories in other forms that the positive effects of these supplements decreases but it not eliminated. As a professional athlete, you want any edge you can get.... and I'm fine with that as long as it's not in the form of a needle.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                              Youngish person working in show biz with pockets full of jingle whooping it up. Sounds like 95% of Hollywood. But he won't have the Beverly Hills judiciary to smooth the road like for Charlie Sheen, Lindsey Lohan, Alec Baldwin, etc etc etc.

Life is so unfair.
                              Lohan's ride is about as smooth as James Dean's last PCH drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X