Page 119 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2685

Thread: What are you listening to?

  1. #2361
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19,582
    Thanks
    7,360
    Thanked 9,623 Times in 6,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    60

    Re: What are you listening to?


  2. #2362
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    Thanks
    2,550
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,872 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    I missed ELH in that video. Big disappointment bud.

    The cover by the Indigo Girls rules this song but I've always had something for the girl in the original video.

    https://youtu.be/mxfjSnMN88U
    Last edited by sahlensguy; 03-03-2019 at 05:35 PM.

  3. #2363
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19,582
    Thanks
    7,360
    Thanked 9,623 Times in 6,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    60

    Re: What are you listening to?

    I don't think anyone can listen to this and not get a little misty. First time I heard it, the tears flowed.


  4. #2364
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19,582
    Thanks
    7,360
    Thanked 9,623 Times in 6,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    60

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    I missed ELH in that video. Big disappointment bud.

    The cover by the Indigo Girls rules this song but I've always had something for the girl in the original video.

    https://youtu.be/mxfjSnMN88U
    Sorry, I guess it was when they toured after their album together.

  5. #2365
    Registered User feldspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,701
    Thanks
    2,089
    Thanked 6,190 Times in 3,613 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Ahhh yeah, boy...


  6. Post thanked by:

    Margarita (03-04-2019),sahlensguy (03-05-2019)

  7. #2366
    Registered User feldspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,701
    Thanks
    2,089
    Thanked 6,190 Times in 3,613 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Ahhh yeah, boy...

    Looks like we've been sabotaged

  8. #2367
    Registered User Margarita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks
    992
    Thanked 715 Times in 486 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Just so you know: The world is a vampire, life is a highway, manic depression is a frustrated mess, love is what I got (remember that), the rhythm is gonna get you, that girl is poison, the boy is mine, the roof is on fire, this is not my beautiful wife, I got you babe, you really got me, baby I gotcha money, we are a part of the Rhythm Nation, I still haven't found what I'm looking for, what the world needs now is love (sweet love), I've seen fire and I've seen rain, it's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine), I'm a loser baby - so why don't you kill me? I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom, we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy, Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin' to **** with, and you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you just might find you get what you need.

  9. #2368
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    Thanks
    2,550
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,872 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
    Just so you know: The world is a vampire, life is a highway, manic depression is a frustrated mess, love is what I got (remember that), the rhythm is gonna get you, that girl is poison, the boy is mine, the roof is on fire, this is not my beautiful wife, I got you babe, you really got me, baby I gotcha money, we are a part of the Rhythm Nation, I still haven't found what I'm looking for, what the world needs now is love (sweet love), I've seen fire and I've seen rain, it's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine), I'm a loser baby - so why don't you kill me? I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom, we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy, Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin' to **** with, and you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you just might find you get what you need.
    I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
    See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
    I'm crying.
    Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
    Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday.
    Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
    I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob.
    Mister City Policeman sitting
    Pretty little policemen in a row.
    See how they fly like Lucy in the Sky, see how they run.
    I'm crying, I'm crying.
    I'm crying, I'm crying.
    Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye.
    Crabalocker fishwife, pornographic priestess,
    Boy, you been a naughty girl you let your knickers down.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
    I am…

    The End

  10. Post thanked by:

    Margarita (03-05-2019)

  11. #2369
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19,582
    Thanks
    7,360
    Thanked 9,623 Times in 6,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    60

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
    See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
    I'm crying.
    Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
    Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday.
    Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
    I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob.
    Mister City Policeman sitting
    Pretty little policemen in a row.
    See how they fly like Lucy in the Sky, see how they run.
    I'm crying, I'm crying.
    I'm crying, I'm crying.
    Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye.
    Crabalocker fishwife, pornographic priestess,
    Boy, you been a naughty girl you let your knickers down.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
    I am…

    The End
    Paul is dead..haha.

  12. #2370
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    Thanks
    2,550
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,872 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: What are you listening to?

    SMH. Just no.

  13. #2371
    Registered User Margarita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks
    992
    Thanked 715 Times in 486 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
    See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
    I'm crying.
    Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
    Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday.
    Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
    I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob.
    Mister City Policeman sitting
    Pretty little policemen in a row.
    See how they fly like Lucy in the Sky, see how they run.
    I'm crying, I'm crying.
    I'm crying, I'm crying.
    Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye.
    Crabalocker fishwife, pornographic priestess,
    Boy, you been a naughty girl you let your knickers down.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
    I am…

    The End
    shoutout to MACE as soon as I read it I thought of maceys avatar hahaa. The posting I put above I stole from one of my sons musician friends facebook page I cant take actual credit but I kinda love how each small lyric brought up a time stamp memory RAWR and his name is Autry dude is a rock stah :-D and a really nice guy.

  14. Post thanked by:

    sahlensguy (03-05-2019)

  15. #2372
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    Thanks
    2,550
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,872 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
    shoutout to MACE as soon as I read it I thought of maceys avatar hahaa. The posting I put above I stole from one of my sons musician friends facebook page I cant take actual credit but I kinda love how each small lyric brought up a time stamp memory RAWR and his name is Autry dude is a rock stah :-D and a really nice guy.
    The eggman is Mace - that works I guess.

    Here's Jim Carey doing I Am the Walrus. It kinda works too.

    https://youtu.be/M0Gz5zbGONk

  16. Post thanked by:

    Margarita (03-05-2019)

  17. #2373
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19,582
    Thanks
    7,360
    Thanked 9,623 Times in 6,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    60

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    SMH. Just no.
    It was a joke.

    My friends and I did check it out though when the story came out. We took the record to an older audiophile who had the equipment and recorded it on reel to reel, then played it backwards. We really couldn't make it out so we concluded it was bull****.

  18. Post thanked by:

    sahlensguy (03-05-2019)

  19. #2374
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    Thanks
    2,550
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,872 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    It was a joke.

    My friends and I did check it out though when the story came out. We took the record to an older audiophile who had the equipment and recorded it on reel to reel, then played it backwards. We really couldn't make it out so we concluded it was bull****.
    People make money off of the story to this day while others buy it. To me Paul now is who he always was. You can't teach that head shimmy.

  20. #2375
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19,582
    Thanks
    7,360
    Thanked 9,623 Times in 6,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    60

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    People make money off of the story to this day while others buy it. To me Paul now is who he always was. You can't teach that head shimmy.
    Not that needed the help, but the DJ that came up with the "clues" boosted the sale of Beatles records.

    FYI, The head shimmy and the "Wooooo" is straight Little Richard.

  21. #2376
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19,582
    Thanks
    7,360
    Thanked 9,623 Times in 6,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    60

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Not that needed the help, but the DJ that came up with the "clues" boosted the sale of Beatles records.

    FYI, The head shimmy and the "Wooooo" is straight Little Richard.
    Wow, this is certainly a coincidence. We were talking about "Paul Is Dead" and then I see an article where Ringo said the rumors in 1969 are true from just the other day.

    Pretty interesting since the only thing that prodded my memory about it was the lyrics to "I Am The Walrus".

    Sometimes I creep myself out.

  22. #2377
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    Thanks
    2,550
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,872 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Wow, this is certainly a coincidence. We were talking about "Paul Is Dead" and then I see an article where Ringo said the rumors in 1969 are true from just the other day.

    Pretty interesting since the only thing that prodded my memory about it was the lyrics to "I Am The Walrus".

    Sometimes I creep myself out.
    Most likely it was an inside joke to them.

    Best version of Creep btw...

    https://youtu.be/NFXZNt4oLkE

  23. Post thanked by:

    Margarita (03-06-2019)

  24. #2378
    Registered User Margarita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks
    992
    Thanked 715 Times in 486 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4

    Re: What are you listening to?

    on 4/16 my son goes to Europe on tour with this band. I've known Mike Rekevics for years socially but had never heard his music before. Not my typical genre anyway...

    other news is he will be playing a Cults show in Austin during SXSW upcoming..taking the keyboard/glockenspiel/guitarists spot just for one date. I think its funny but thats the way it goes #homeys

  25. Post thanked by:

    pmoon6 (03-06-2019)

  26. #2379
    Registered User feldspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,701
    Thanks
    2,089
    Thanked 6,190 Times in 3,613 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
    on 4/16 my son goes to Europe on tour with this band. I've known Mike Rekevics for years socially but had never heard his music before. Not my typical genre anyway...

    other news is he will be playing a Cults show in Austin during SXSW upcoming..taking the keyboard/glockenspiel/guitarists spot just for one date. I think its funny but thats the way it goes #homeys
    Black metal...ugh. Could be the worst genre ever for my money.

    And here you are hating on Mexican Radio.

  27. Post thanked by:

    Margarita (03-06-2019)

  28. #2380
    Registered User Margarita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks
    992
    Thanked 715 Times in 486 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Black metal...ugh. Could be the worst genre ever for my money.

    And here you are hating on Mexican Radio.
    LMAO I will NEVER live that down lol...and yeah that style isnt my fav either but I gotta rep my son he doesnt seem to mind playing it told he it was "fun"..hmmmm...quite a disparity between Cults and Vanum I''ll say.

  29. Post thanked by:

    pmoon6 (03-06-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •