Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142
Results 2,821 to 2,831 of 2831

Thread: What are you listening to?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,577 Times in 3,409 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What are you listening to?

Music is more fractured now than in the past, but Arcade Fire is a huge band in a time when that is't common. Artistically respected and popular.

I'd put the Hip at the top of the list, but Arcade Fire is the best Canadian band in a generation or two.

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-29-2019)

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,004 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Always liked this one, stumbled on this version recently after Mama remind me of them.

Test me not, lest I flout your inartful sophistry, puling jackanapes. I mean it too, man.

Is Mr. Pink the one to bring me down ? Is Peterman on an NFL roster in 12/2019 ? What avatar do I choose for Mr. Pink ? Stay tuned, it's hugely !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,841 Times in 2,031 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Can't think of a single Taylor Swift song that I really like. Can't think of one that I don't really like either, so that's not a bad thing. Always liked her as a person though but don't follow her so maybe I'm missing something. Here is her new and acoustic NPR set. Overall I liked it enough to post it up but still the songs don't do me no good.

TS comments welcome.

https://youtu.be/FvVnP8G6ITs
    Last edited by sahlensguy; 10-30-2019 at 01:06 PM.

5. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-02-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Craig was a redneck looking old dude. He helped evict me and helped move me into a cellar. I pretty much gave up when my life crashed then. He had a little beaten up transistor radio always on WYRK, I hated country. I didn't listen to music anymore, I was starving and eating handfulls of dry cat foot with water to fill myself up and feed my cats which I'd just met and kept me going.

Craig realized it wasn't about being afraid to work, and he taught me how to be a maintenance man, when I had no clue, WYRK country music always on. He paid me to help him with food from the new Savealot. He was hurting physically, and when I went to help him at another property, never expecting anything, he'd buy me lunch. We'd sit there on some porch of some apartment we were turning over, and he'd pass me his food because he couldn't eat anymore, though he knew I was starving. WYRK was always playing.

And I learned to be a maintenance guy without ever having a clue about tools, and Craig ended up falling down a lot because he had ALS. I learned a way to support myself at the time, Craig would drink beer, and sometimes we'd look up videos, always country-ish. I hated c&w, but wouldn't begrudge him.

WYRK playing hey wait, who is that ?

There's nothing funny about it. I felt I had a chance again. Thanks Craig. I love Taylor Swift, this from a Motorhead guy.

7. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (11-02-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

One other singer caught my attention.....

9. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (11-02-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

^ So much more of a reaction to a Taylor Swift post than I was expecting. Tragic yet heartwarming. Thanks for the comment.

Here's one legend's song about a caretaker covered by another legend.

https://youtu.be/xNQ8hvdWJ-g

11. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-03-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    ^ So much more of a reaction to a Taylor Swift post than I was expecting. Tragic yet heartwarming. Thanks for the comment.

Here's one legend's song about a caretaker covered by another legend.

https://youtu.be/xNQ8hvdWJ-g
    It happens sometimes, people don't have the same frame of reference and relative pop stars sneak past in the background. I love Bob Dylan, never thought I would until I saw him live, then had to see him as much as I could.

I never did see Fleetwood Mac, and sometimes now they fade past my thoughts until something reminds me. When it reminds me though, I remember every note and nuance like when I first heard it.

Back in my hard rock, heavy metal days, they were the first band to catch my attention with beautifully crafted and performed music that made me forget genre.

Here's to Fleetwood Mac with the obvious.

13. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (11-04-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,901 Times in 4,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Scientists - Frantic Romantic

"When I'm with you girl I get an extension.. and I don't mean Alexander Graham Bell's invention."

15. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-04-2019),sahlensguy (11-04-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Your Time Is Gonna Come

https://youtu.be/fssblRRCgmg

17. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,345 Times in 6,309 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Music is more fractured now than in the past, but Arcade Fire is a huge band in a time when that is't common. Artistically respected and popular.

I'd put the Hip at the top of the list, but Arcade Fire is the best Canadian band in a generation or two.
    I like to listen to all types of music, but I've never liked anything by the Tragically Hip after trying many times to listen to them and don't like any of these Arcade Fire videos. This from someone who grew up with Rush, Triumph, Loverboy & Bryan Adams, BNL, Moxy Fruvous, Bruce Cockburn, Kim Mitchell and Saga. Music is a personal thing. You can't criticize somebody who likes different stuff. Maybe I will try again with those two bands. Music certainly is fractured. Somewhere I saw an interview with the Crichton brothers who talked about the difference in how music is made now (mixing tracks on a laptop mixer) vs the old studio days. Was interesting.
    Welcome to Buffalo Carter Hutton

Thanks
    Thanked 17,107 Times in 8,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I like to listen to all types of music, but I've never liked anything by the Tragically Hip after trying many times to listen to them and don't like any of these Arcade Fire videos. This from someone who grew up with Rush, Triumph, Loverboy & Bryan Adams, BNL, Moxy Fruvous, Bruce Cockburn, Kim Mitchell and Saga. Music is a personal thing. You can't criticize somebody who likes different stuff. Maybe I will try again with those two bands. Music certainly is fractured. Somewhere I saw an interview with the Crichton brothers who talked about the difference in how music is made now (mixing tracks on a laptop mixer) vs the old studio days. Was interesting.
    LMAO. There was (probably still is) an indie music station in Rochester called WBER. They basically played everything the corporate stations wouldn't, from Ani Defranco to Insane Clown Posse to the Bosstones (pre-Impressions that I Get) to Sarah McLaughlin, including Moxy Fruvous. My brother became obsessed with them. He built a website for them circa 1995 or 1996, when most bands didn't even have official sites yet. His site was so popular that for years the band didn't even have their own site, they'd just send him tour dates and photos and he'd post them. He actually met them several times and got drunk with Jian Gomeshi when they played at SUNY Fredonia during his college years.