• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

The NFL has responded...

By essentially not acknowledging anything.

The result of the game is final. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling.
    I don't know how many people wanted the result changed. I think people just want the NFL to realize the officiating is a farce.

Then they said this.

NFL also says a penalty should have been called on Golden Tate for offensive pass interference.
    Boom. Done.
    Last edited by The King; 09-25-2012, 11:27 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: The NFL has responded...

Originally posted by The King View Post
    By essentially not acknowledging anything.

I don't know how many people wanted the result changed. I think people just want the NFL to realize the officiating is a farce.

Then they said this.

Boom. Done.
    The NFL has never changed the result of a game because of a BAD call & they never will. And yes the replacement refs are terrible, but there have been MANY games decided by BAD calls from officials.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

So the NFL supported the meaningless non-overturn. Not exactly a vote of confidence in the scabs.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• jimmifli
        • Nov 2006

I don't get what the controversy is all about, looking at the picture the NFL posted on facebook it seems pretty clear.

Comment

• mjt328
          • May 2011

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post

I don't get what the controversy is all about, looking at the picture the NFL posted on facebook it seems pretty clear.
          Ha!!
          I guess they couldn't show the real picture, because Seattle's "touchdown pass" is in the hands of a Green Bay player.
          2013 "My Should Have" Draft
          Posted During the 2013 Draft
          1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
          2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
          2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
          3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
          4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
          5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
          6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
          7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
          1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
          2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
          2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
          3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
          4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
          5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
          6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
          7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

So typical. I'm honestly starting to despise the NFL and all of their b u l l s h i t rules. How is it that every scoring play is reviewable but some how this one is not. Why? And the whole deal where the receiver needs to make a "football play" while maintaining possession in order for it to be a catch is freakin stupid. Either you caught the damn ball with two feet in bounds or you didn't. Pretty black and white if you ask me. Couple that with the arrogance of Goodell and the the league as a whole and its really easy not to like. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm definitely not into the NFL like I used to be. Too much garbage to deal with these days.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
            X