Thread: Bills vs Pats Thoughts

Thanks
    Thanked 5,920 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills vs Pats Thoughts

Going into this season, looking at our schedule you could see it would be much tougher early in the year. In CGal's season prediction thread, I picked us to lose a few to start the season and this is one of them. Not that I'm advocating throwing in the towel, but I would much rather sit Freddy and CJ this week and hopefully have them back near 100% for SF. Choice looked decent last week by the way.

I would love nothing more than to beat the Pats but at what expense? Running both RBs out there is a serious gamble that could derail the entire season for one game. Yeah, that one game is against a division foe who has owned is, yeah if we lost we'd be 0-2 within the division and 2-2 in the AFC, but like I said earlier, this is one of those games I "expected" to lose early in the season anyways. I just don't see the need to gamble with our RBs health this early in the season.

What says you?

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills vs Pats Thoughts

FJax is gone through trade in the post season and he is ready, you rest CJ for a couple weeks to get him to explode. You can risk FJax, you want CJ for later.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,920 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    FJax is gone through trade in the post season and he is ready, you rest CJ for a couple weeks to get him to explode. You can risk FJax, you want CJ for later.
    We're trading Freddy in the offseason?

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    We're trading Freddy in the offseason?
    I think we will be, just call it a hunch. No rumor or anything else, just a hunch.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think we will be, just call it a hunch. No rumor or anything else, just a hunch.
    Well, we got a 4th for Beastmode. Can we get a 6th for a 32 year old Jackson that has been injured two years in a row?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Well, we got a 4th for Beastmode. Can we get a 6th for a 32 year old Jackson that has been injured two years in a row?
    Yeah. Even if we get a 6th, it could end up being a waste . We cut Tank Carder who was a 5th. FJ has already contributed more than Tank has for this team. Might as well keep FJ.

7. Post thanked by:

better days (09-27-2012)

This is great, and all I've done is enter my name! THRILLHO's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fred is more valuable to us than any offer that would be given. I would much rather have a veteran proven starter than a sixth round rookie.

That being said the RB quandary is a toughy. We do need to win this game, but at what cost? I like that not even WE know who is going to play and how much. That means the Patriots don't know either. They are forced to game plan for an all Freddie game, a half CJ game, etc. Choice did decent, averaging almost 5 ypc. I feel somewhat comfortable with Choice complimenting either Freddie (seems more likely) or CJ. I'm glad I don't have to make this choice for the team...
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.