• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: If I had to draft a QB this year...

So, I still like Jones. Geno Smith looked really questionable last night. He can make some terrible decisions and takes a long time to go through his progressions.

The whole class looks so mediocre. Barkley actually impressed me last night. He may just have the best decision making out of this class. But he also continues to underwhelm me overall.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      So, I still like Jones. Geno Smith looked really questionable last night. He can make some terrible decisions and takes a long time to go through his progressions.

The whole class looks so mediocre. Barkley actually impressed me last night. He may just have the best decision making out of this class. But he also continues to underwhelm me overall.
      I just dont get it with Jones, he continually struggles to make reads from the pocket after pressure starts building. Against ND he started to duck his throws because he was afraid to get hit (confirmed with OU blogger who breaks down every OU game). That's not what we need at QB.

I still like Geno a lot, I can live with bad decisions as long as you show that you can bounce back from them (short memory). He's still the best QB in this class. Really like Dysert in Rds 2-3 and I really think the Bills wait till then to take a QB. I dont think they are going QB in Round 1.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'm not liking Smith or Barkley.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          I just dont get it with Jones, he continually struggles to make reads from the pocket after pressure starts building. Against ND he started to duck his throws because he was afraid to get hit (confirmed with OU blogger who breaks down every OU game). That's not what we need at QB.

I still like Geno a lot, I can live with bad decisions as long as you show that you can bounce back from them (short memory). He's still the best QB in this class. Really like Dysert in Rds 2-3 and I really think the Bills wait till then to take a QB. I dont think they are going QB in Round 1.
          I don't know. Landry has looked questionable too I agree. I just like his pocket presence in most cases. I like Dysert a lot too.

On Smith, he threw right at defenders so many times last night... Really scary looking.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

From what i've seen Geno Smith looks like the only round 1 talent at QB in this draft... there are a lot of others who will go in round 1, but i don't like their prospects at all. I need to start to recording some games and watching these guys more.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
              • Sep 2004

There isn't a QB coming out I dislike as an NFL QB more than Logan Thomas. Please, no.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I think Logan Thomas has plenty of upside as a QB prospect, but it's going to take a pretty heavy investment of coaching to get him to the point where he's capable of starting. I don't think you could use him as a rookie at all, and it might take longer than that
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ICRockets
                  Childish Fake Voter
                  • Jul 2008

My ideal draft for the Bills would have Manti Te'o in Round 1 and EJ Manuel in Round 2.

Did you know Bruce Smith is EJ's Godfather?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                    My ideal draft for the Bills would have Manti Te'o in Round 1 and EJ Manuel in Round 2.

I did not know that, Manuel was everything we know him to be last night. Inconsistent accuracy, forced some balls, but then stayed calm under pressure and made some good throws for the win. He scares me still.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LindellSucks View Post
                      There isn't a QB coming out I dislike as an NFL QB more than Logan Thomas. Please, no.
                      You gotta keep in mind he's only 2 years removed from being a TE, he's going to take some time. That throw down the seam to Fuller was picture perfect touch, and then the sideline pass to start the last drive was incredible with his gun. Fitz can't make that throw.

Then you saw the bad Logan rear his head, forced a pass he didn't need to into coverage and it got picked.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• kishoph
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                        Here's my short list

1) Geno Smith
                        2) Zac Dysert

I seen Dysert play last week vs the UB Bulls, it was pretty hard to get a really good read on him due to the wind, although his arm was definitely strong enough for WNY winds. I just don't think he's a 1st round pick.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Dysert would not be a first round pick. Probably a second rounder and maybe third.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Logan Thomas will submit his name for eval.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post

I knew that about EJ but not big on him at all.
                              Inconsistent as can be...
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• X-Era
                                • Feb 2005

Man I wish just one of the QB prospects this year were more like Aaron Rodgers or Matt Ryan coming out. I don't need a sure fire stud like Luck; I'd love it but we will never stink bad enough to draft high enough to get that guy. I'd just like a legit guy that you can trust to make plays and not make so many questionable plays that they lose the game for you.

All these guys just seem to lack the "it" factor. The trust-him-to-win-the-game-for-you factor. They all look way more like career backups than top 10 QB's in the NFL to me.

I know were going to take the guy we really like this year. I know we will end up drafting one of these guys. But man, I just can't get very excited about any of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍