New stadium for the Bills in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: New stadium for the Bills in the future?

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Traffic is always going to be an issue whenever 75k+ are all heading to the same spot at the same time, but most other stadiums at least let you get out in multiple directions.
    Obviously you've never been to FedEx field....
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
      Traffic is always going to be an issue whenever 75k+ are all heading to the same spot at the same time, but most other stadiums at least let you get out in multiple directions.
      This^

Comment

• jdaltroy5
        • Aug 2012

They're going to have to get A LOT better if they expect to fill that thing and get their money back.

My Dad has season tickets on the 20 yard line 4 rows up and he pays less than $100 per game. There's no way in Hell we'd be making the 5 hour round trip trek in December to pay over $200 to watch them get their asses kicked.

ESPECIALLY if I wasn't allowed to get loaded first.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Obviously you've never been to FedEx field....
          "Most"

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
            • Jan 2010

Russ puts an end to this. Also makes sarcastic remarks towards Buffalo. Can't stand this clown he has also ripped fans in the past for not attending Decemeber games

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
              If that's the case, screw the dome. Keep it open.

Some people want a dome so it would attract a Super Bowl. Buffalo can barely handle an NHL All-Star game. A Super Bowl attracts more than just attendees. Visitors would have to get hotel rooms in Toronto, Rochester and Niagara Falls.
              Dome and keep it closed.

Besides the Bills being terrible, why do you think the November/December games don't sell out? Normal people don't enjoy freezing their asses off (and even less so when your team is horrible).

Comment

• Mouldsie
                • Aug 2012

A giant parking lot on the already ****ty looking waterfront?

SIGN ME UP!

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Plus, there are a lot of private lots on people's yards and small businesses around the Ralph. And it looks like the stadium itself is larger, to accommodate the convention center space. I'd say a conservative estimate is a loss of 50 acres of tailgating space.

That will KILL this team, as the tailgating is what has kept people going to the games even when the team blows (which has been constant).

That being said, we probably already gave this issue more time than it's worth. The article said they haven't reached out to the team and they haven't sought political backing yet, so right now, there is about as much reality to this as me saying I'm going to buy the Bills and appoint myself GM, DraftBoy director of scouting and Coach Sal as head coach.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree that it HAS to be retractable. A retractable dome in Buffalo is a dome. They'll have it open 3 games a year, tops, Not worth the money. And I don't think PSL's and limited tailgating will help keep the team in Buffalo. I think they'll help drive the team out, because the games will become too expensive and people will stop going to the games to tailgate even when the team sucks.
                  Really? I can't have a role?

Comment

• Gibby
                    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                    • Jun 2006

This will not be built until Ralph dies or sells the team.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                      Really? I can't have a role?
                      You can be the midget trainer.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BLeonard
                        BoB Sabermetrician
                        • Jan 2003

I like the idea... Whether it comes to fruition or not is a completely different story.

I've said it multiple times before... Even if they renovate the Ralph, in 10 years, it's gonna be obsolete again. I read a prefect analogy on this: How many times do you fix an old, used car before you just bite the bullet and invest in a new one? RWS will be 40 years old next year... That's ancient in NFL terms.

While I understand people wanting Bills games to be an open air environment, this isn't the 90's anymore. IMO, any "weather advantage" they had is gone and has been gone for a while. Also, keep in mind, per NFL rules, in retractable roof stadiums, the Home Team gets to designate whether the roof is open or closed. So, if the Bills really felt that the weather would assist them, they could elect to have the roof open.

As others have said, a retractable roof opens doors for a multitude of events including, but not limited to, Concerts, NCAA Tournaments, Soccer World Cups, WrestleManias and Super Bowls.

Finally, who gives a damn what Russ Brandon thinks? I'd about bet that his days with the Bills are just as numbered as Ralph Wilson's. In other words, once Ralph is gone, Brandon will be as well. This is obviously a plan for after Wilson is gone, as this sort of project would take a few years to complete.

-Bill

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

What is this teams record in indoor stadiums currently? anyone know?

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                            Extremely over-priced. They could cut significant cost by excluding the retractable roof. But then I guess it seconding as a convention center would also go out the window.
                            Host a Super Bowl

- - - Updated - - -

A retractable dome is essentially a dome because it will never be open in bad weather. It cedes the advantage to our opponents, especially Miami.

I also don't see any parking lots for tailgating in that mock-up.

Also, if Buffalo gets a stadium that costs more than $600 million or so, say hello to PSL's, which means saying goodbye to probably 10k season ticket holders who won't fork over the dough.
                            Host a Super Bowl and maybe if Toronto ever gets the Olympics

Comment

• BLeonard
                              BoB Sabermetrician
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
                              What is this teams record in indoor stadiums currently? anyone know?
                              Well, since Gailey took over in 2010, the Bills are 2-3 indoors.

2010: 0-2... Losses at Minnesota and against Chicago (Toronto)
                              2011: 1-1... Win against Washington (Toronto) and loss at Dallas
                              2012: 1-0... Win at Arizona

.400 is better than .333, which is Gailey's overall winning percentage while in Buffalo (13-26).

Small sample size, I realize, but accurate for the current regime.

-Bill

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                                Well, since Gailey took over in 2010, the Bills are 2-3 indoors.

2010: 0-2... Losses at Minnesota and against Chicago (Toronto)
                                2011: 1-1... Win against Washington (Toronto) and loss at Dallas
                                2012: 1-0... Win at Arizona

.400 is better than .333, which is Gailey's overall winning percentage while in Buffalo (13-26).

Small sample size, I realize, but accurate for the current regime.

-Bill
                                i are we so worries about snow when all of our players we draft come from the South.

Comment

Working...
                                X