Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 540 Times in 344 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    26,815.56
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    26,815.56
    Donate

    Re: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

    I love how you're basically having a conversation with yourself.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    2,241
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 340 Times in 202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    57,748.73
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    57,748.73
    Donate

    Re: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    I love how you're basically having a conversation with yourself.
    This is why I have the 'I told you so threads'...

    Basically I share an observation. Everyone comes out against me. I show evidence, and everyone disappears....
    During the argument, they offer to eat crow. They ask me to prove them wrong and when I do, they complain...or disappear... Where is the honor in that?
    Please Make Sense

  3. #23
    Registered User feldspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,945
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 629 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    14
    ZoneBux
    25,904.64
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    25,904.64
    Donate

    Re: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This is why I have the 'I told you so threads'...

    Basically I share an observation. Everyone comes out against me. I show evidence, and everyone disappears....
    During the argument, they offer to eat crow. They ask me to prove them wrong and when I do, they complain...or disappear... Where is the honor in that?
    I really don't hope you are including this thread in those where this type of stuff may happen. The premise of this thread is beyond ridiculous. It doesn't even justify a response, really.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    2,241
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 340 Times in 202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    57,748.73
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    57,748.73
    Donate

    Re: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I really don't hope you are including this thread in those where this type of stuff may happen. The premise of this thread is beyond ridiculous. It doesn't even justify a response, really.

    What's so ridiculous about it?

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,532
    Thanks
    287
    Thanked 819 Times in 427 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    16
    ZoneBux
    37,647.06
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    37,647.06
    Donate

    Re: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What's so ridiculous about it?
    The fact that starting 0-4 doesn't help them in any way, shape or form. If you're premise was correct they wouldn't have played their asses off today to beat the league's last undefeated team unless their only goal this season is to keep Miami's perfect season intact.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    2,241
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 340 Times in 202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    57,748.73
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    57,748.73
    Donate

    Re: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    The fact that starting 0-4 doesn't help them in any way, shape or form. If you're premise was correct they wouldn't have played their asses off today to beat the league's last undefeated team unless their only goal this season is to keep Miami's perfect season intact.
    You Didn't Read Any of the Articles.
    I am pretty sure you also didn't read my posts fully.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    2,241
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 340 Times in 202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    57,748.73
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    57,748.73
    Donate

    Re: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You Didn't Read Any of the Articles.
    I am pretty sure you also didn't read my posts fully.
    It sounds like you read everyone else's presumptions. This thread is about how 1man, Sean Payton, manipulated the interim coach process & selection in such a way as to 1) not threatened his job 2) remain viable. Payton, is now the hottest FA coach in the NFL and the Saints poor start was the best sales pitch ever!

    This has nothing to do saints losing on purpose or some retarded crap that the other posters assumed. It has to do it how 1 man was able to manipulate an organization & have an influence on outcomes.

  8. #28
    Registered Sex Offender Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    19,333
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0
    ZoneBux
    75,525.89
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    75,525.89
    Donate

    Re: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It sounds like you read everyone else's presumptions. This thread is about how 1man, Sean Payton, manipulated the interim coach process & selection in such a way as to 1) not threatened his job 2) remain viable. Payton, is now the hottest FA coach in the NFL and the Saints poor start was the best sales pitch ever!

    This has nothing to do saints losing on purpose or some retarded crap that the other posters assumed. It has to do it how 1 man was able to manipulate an organization & have an influence on outcomes.
    Because Payton wouldn't be the hottest FA coach in the NFL if the Saints were undefeated? You're grasping for straws on your tanking point that is completely off base in your many assumptions that it exists.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    2,241
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 340 Times in 202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    57,748.73
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    57,748.73
    Donate

    Re: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

    Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    Because Payton wouldn't be the hottest FA coach in the NFL if the Saints were undefeated? You're grasping for straws on your tanking point that is completely off base in your many assumptions that it exists.
    What are you referring to? There were 3 articles written on it. Three!!! All pointed to the fact that Sean Payton should have never been allowed to pick his replacement. Then he picks a chump & a guy who is suspended for first 6games. No surprise the Saints start 0-4. Quickly Sean Payton's name Starts getting thrown around as a Hot coaching candidate.

    In the offseason Mike&Mike in the Morning on ESPN talked about this issue: if Saints start out Hot it confirms the notion that all you need is great talent & that coaching is overrated. The Mikes said coaches from around NFL were paying special attention how the Saints start. The slow start demonstrated the opposite, a great coaches value. If Carmichael or Parcels were chosen & Saints start out Hot then without doubt Payton's value drops!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •