Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Was Saints Losing Start Intentional?

I love how you're basically having a conversation with yourself.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    I love how you're basically having a conversation with yourself.
    This is why I have the 'I told you so threads'...

Basically I share an observation. Everyone comes out against me. I show evidence, and everyone disappears....
    During the argument, they offer to eat crow. They ask me to prove them wrong and when I do, they complain...or disappear... Where is the honor in that?
    Please Make Sense

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This is why I have the 'I told you so threads'...

Basically I share an observation. Everyone comes out against me. I show evidence, and everyone disappears....
    During the argument, they offer to eat crow. They ask me to prove them wrong and when I do, they complain...or disappear... Where is the honor in that?
    I really don't hope you are including this thread in those where this type of stuff may happen. The premise of this thread is beyond ridiculous. It doesn't even justify a response, really.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I really don't hope you are including this thread in those where this type of stuff may happen. The premise of this thread is beyond ridiculous. It doesn't even justify a response, really.

What's so ridiculous about it?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What's so ridiculous about it?
    The fact that starting 0-4 doesn't help them in any way, shape or form. If you're premise was correct they wouldn't have played their asses off today to beat the league's last undefeated team unless their only goal this season is to keep Miami's perfect season intact.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    The fact that starting 0-4 doesn't help them in any way, shape or form. If you're premise was correct they wouldn't have played their asses off today to beat the league's last undefeated team unless their only goal this season is to keep Miami's perfect season intact.
    You Didn't Read Any of the Articles.
    I am pretty sure you also didn't read my posts fully.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You Didn't Read Any of the Articles.
    I am pretty sure you also didn't read my posts fully.
    It sounds like you read everyone else's presumptions. This thread is about how 1man, Sean Payton, manipulated the interim coach process & selection in such a way as to 1) not threatened his job 2) remain viable. Payton, is now the hottest FA coach in the NFL and the Saints poor start was the best sales pitch ever!

This has nothing to do saints losing on purpose or some ******ed crap that the other posters assumed. It has to do it how 1 man was able to manipulate an organization & have an influence on outcomes.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It sounds like you read everyone else's presumptions. This thread is about how 1man, Sean Payton, manipulated the interim coach process & selection in such a way as to 1) not threatened his job 2) remain viable. Payton, is now the hottest FA coach in the NFL and the Saints poor start was the best sales pitch ever!

This has nothing to do saints losing on purpose or some ******ed crap that the other posters assumed. It has to do it how 1 man was able to manipulate an organization & have an influence on outcomes.
    Because Payton wouldn't be the hottest FA coach in the NFL if the Saints were undefeated? You're grasping for straws on your tanking point that is completely off base in your many assumptions that it exists.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    Because Payton wouldn't be the hottest FA coach in the NFL if the Saints were undefeated? You're grasping for straws on your tanking point that is completely off base in your many assumptions that it exists.
    What are you referring to? There were 3 articles written on it. Three!!! All pointed to the fact that Sean Payton should have never been allowed to pick his replacement. Then he picks a chump & a guy who is suspended for first 6games. No surprise the Saints start 0-4. Quickly Sean Payton's name Starts getting thrown around as a Hot coaching candidate.

In the offseason Mike&Mike in the Morning on ESPN talked about this issue: if Saints start out Hot it confirms the notion that all you need is great talent & that coaching is overrated. The Mikes said coaches from around NFL were paying special attention how the Saints start. The slow start demonstrated the opposite, a great coaches value. If Carmichael or Parcels were chosen & Saints start out Hot then without doubt Payton's value drops!