Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: BuffaloWins Articles

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Post counting down the worst coordinators

fun piece to read... although im not sure i'd put the 'stache @ number 1
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There are so many bad coordinators in Bills history that you would need to make this a top 25.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I honestly don't know who the coordinators were in '71, but both deserve to be on the list.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This list is missing a lot of junk from pre-2000.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

5. Post thanked by:

YardRat (11-14-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bills/Dolphins preview posts

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...-dolphins.html

Staff predictions
    Aaron Garland: 28-24, Bills- Chan Gailey is 2-13 against AFC East opponents as Bills head coach, but he gets that all-important third win. Spiller 8 carries, Tashard Choice 20.

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...-dolphins.html

3) What makes Cameron Wake such a dominate pass rusher? How can the Bills stop him?
    He is the complete package: strong and able to have a speed rush off the edge. Wake not only has the big sack numbers but can draw a ton of holding calls against offensive tackles. I would double Wake, but you would then have to be careful because the two interior linemen are solid players as well. However, the Dolphins haven't been able to get a pass rush on the other side of Wake and teams are veering away from him to exploit the other side

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...iami-week.html

Hot Read: Tannehill’s TD/INT ratio is 2:9 in Miami’s five losses this season. He has also attempted at least 35 passes in all five losses this season. He doesn’t have any more that 30 attempts in any victory and his TD/INT ratio is 3:0 in those games.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Interestingly, some of those guys have been outstanding as coordinators for other teams. The Giants have a Super Bowl win with to former Bills coordinators as their offensive and defensive strategists. I know Perry Fewell wasn't on your list, but fans loved to hate him while he was here too.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My Bills/dolphins recap

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-s...cap-19-14.html

The only way the Bills are going to turn this year around is if the defense plays like this.
    • In their four wins: 17 sacks. In their six losses: 6 sacks.
    • In their four wins: 23 PPG. In their 6 losses: 22 PPG.

You see what the difference is?

9. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (11-16-2012)

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: My Bills/dolphins recap

Quote Originally Posted by Joebuffalowins View Post
    • In their four wins: 23 PPG. In their 6 losses: 22 PPG.

You see what the difference is?
    Barely?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Comparing 2004 to 2012 Bills

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...4-to-2012.html

"Heading into this weekend's games, the Bills' remaining opponents are 24-35-1. After 10 games in 2004, the Bills' remaining opponents were 24-36. The Steelers were 9-1 at that point and we played their backups, but take them out and the best team remaining on the Bills' schedule at that time was Seattle (6-4). Ironic, huh? The Bills had the likes of AJ Feeley, Luke McCown and Tim Rattay remaining on their schedule. The Bills of today may not have as bad of a cast of QBs remaining, but they all seem to be inexperienced. None of the remaining QBs are ranked higher than 12th and 4 of the 6 remaining are rated between 26th-30th. Alright, maybe they are kind of bad. Throw in that the Bills still have four home games remaining. After next week, they only go on the road one more time the rest of the season."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Comparing 2004 to 2012 Bills

our poor division record won't help anything

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Colts preview with an Indy writer and stat of the week

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...lis-colts.html

3) I've noticed you guys are 4th in total yards but 21st in scoring, why is that?
    Red zone offense, plain and simple. The Colts can move the ball against any defense; they have an amazing amount of speed on the outside with Donnie Avery (who may miss Sunday with a concussion), and rookies TY Hilton and LaVon Brazill. Underneath, WR Reggie Wayne has abused every CB he's faced this year, and rookie TEs Fleener and Allen (especially Allen) have been good at getting open underneath and using their size and athleticism to create mismatches.

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...he-week-1.html

It’s no secret that Buffalo’s biggest Achilles heel this season has been the run defense. They’ve allowed over 100 yards rushing in all but two games this season, including allowing over 150 yards and 6.0+ YPC in half of their games. The number one stands for the number of games in which Buffalo has allowed 4.0 YPC or less in their last 13 games in Buffalo *prior to Thursday night’s game.*

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Colts preview with an Indy writer and stat of the week

I think the Buffalo D is starting to figure things out. I think they have a big Sunday afternoon.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

On longer pass plays, I would pressure the Colts safeties, Antoine Bethea and Tom Zbikowski with vertical plays towards the middle of the field, and then take advantage of the isolated match-up of WR Stevie Johnson vs whoever.
    I think he wants us to lose. Vertical and Fitz are a bad combo unless by vertical he meant 10-20 yards.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've only (partially) watched one IND game, but Luck did a good job of stepping up into a protected pocket time to time. Wanny blasphemy I suppose, but I'd send in a corner blitz.

I'd have a body lay on top of their center Satele at the snap, and push RG McGlynn out. McGlynn was a good fill-in last season at CIN, but money offered to him by others as well as CIN's second #1, Zeitler, saw him leaving.

McGlynn impressed me as smart and scrappy. I'd push him out before he sets the pocket.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That run in 2004 was awesome. The lost to Pittsburgh the last game of the year versus backups still kills me to this day. The 2004 run had unbelievable special teams thanks to Coach Bobby April, a tough D and a steady Drew Bledsoe under center. The playmakers got some good production from Moulds, Evans and McGahee.

The 2004 team was much better than today's. However, there is one big difference...the AFC stinks in 2012. The 2004 team would easily be in the playoffs if they were in the current day AFC. Because the AFC stinks and the Bills are starting to figure things out, I still think they can get in. It is all about being the Colts this week.

18. Post thanked by:

ThunderGun (11-21-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No one else is bothered that this team's rallying call was a team who choked away the postseason to Pitt's third stringers? I still have flashbacks of that scrub quarterback St. Pierre or something running a bootleg on 4th and 1 and getting it. That game was also Willie Parker's coming out party for Pitts too if I remember right.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

20. Post thanked by:

imbondz (11-21-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    That game was also Willie Parker's coming out party for Pitts too if I remember right.
    It was. He was about the best "3rd stringer" I ever saw. We should have won that game, but its not like we played a D3 team...

As for today, I can't buy in yet that we have a shot at running the table (or even going one loss), and I am about as optimistic as it comes when it comes to these things. Maybe that's a good thing... maybe it'll take disbelief to get it done. Then again, maybe we lose to the Colts and this whole board turns to a 2013 draft scouting zone ASAP.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    No one else is bothered that this team's rallying call was a team who choked away the postseason to Pitt's third stringers? I still have flashbacks of that scrub quarterback St. Pierre or something running a bootleg on 4th and 1 and getting it. That game was also Willie Parker's coming out party for Pitts too if I remember right.
    You are correct.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What has also bothered me about that game was the spot Donahoe was put in by Mr. Wilson. He gave up the cash to bring back one of Schobel, Williams and Jennings. Schobel was a great re-sign, but losing Williams tore the heart of the run D. Jennings ended up being a bust for the Niners, but it also hurt the continuity upfront. Bledsoe was canned and Losman granted the keys.

While I was and am still a TD guy, I hated the Losman pick for a multitude of reasons. The end of the 04 season I think was really the Doldrum Stage for this team.

However, NOW, I think we can change things starting this week.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The 2004 D gave up 284 points, the 2012 D has given up 299 points in 10 games played. Easily a better group of talent in 2004. That said I won't dismiss us this year because of a favorable schedule although the Tennessee loss is a BIG loss in the grand scheme of things. As not only was it a loss but a Conference loss which when tiebreakers matter most hurts us the most. Yet this week's game against the Colts is a "must win" as a loss this weekend easily kills any real chance at the playoffs. Yet I have a sneaking suspecion that in the end the teams representing the AFC at season's end will be the Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Broncos, Colts and Chargers if were to predict things now with the Bengals just missing out and the Bills then making the 8th team in the Conference with an 8-8 record.