X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

Colts preview with an Indy writer and stat of the week

3) I've noticed you guys are 4th in total yards but 21st in scoring, why is that?
    Red zone offense, plain and simple. The Colts can move the ball against any defense; they have an amazing amount of speed on the outside with Donnie Avery (who may miss Sunday with a concussion), and rookies TY Hilton and LaVon Brazill. Underneath, WR Reggie Wayne has abused every CB he's faced this year, and rookie TEs Fleener and Allen (especially Allen) have been good at getting open underneath and using their size and athleticism to create mismatches.

It’s no secret that Buffalo’s biggest Achilles heel this season has been the run defense. They’ve allowed over 100 yards rushing in all but two games this season, including allowing over 150 yards and 6.0+ YPC in half of their games. The number one stands for the number of games in which Buffalo has allowed 4.0 YPC or less in their last 13 games in Buffalo *prior to Thursday night’s game.*

Comment

• IAG
      • Jan 2005

Re: Colts preview with an Indy writer and stat of the week

I think the Buffalo D is starting to figure things out. I think they have a big Sunday afternoon.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

On longer pass plays, I would pressure the Colts safeties, Antoine Bethea and Tom Zbikowski with vertical plays towards the middle of the field, and then take advantage of the isolated match-up of WR Stevie Johnson vs whoever.
        I think he wants us to lose. Vertical and Fitz are a bad combo unless by vertical he meant 10-20 yards.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

I've only (partially) watched one IND game, but Luck did a good job of stepping up into a protected pocket time to time. Wanny blasphemy I suppose, but I'd send in a corner blitz.

I'd have a body lay on top of their center Satele at the snap, and push RG McGlynn out. McGlynn was a good fill-in last season at CIN, but money offered to him by others as well as CIN's second #1, Zeitler, saw him leaving.

McGlynn impressed me as smart and scrappy. I'd push him out before he sets the pocket.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• IAG
            • Jan 2005

Re: Comparing 2004 to 2012 Bills

That run in 2004 was awesome. The lost to Pittsburgh the last game of the year versus backups still kills me to this day. The 2004 run had unbelievable special teams thanks to Coach Bobby April, a tough D and a steady Drew Bledsoe under center. The playmakers got some good production from Moulds, Evans and McGahee.

The 2004 team was much better than today's. However, there is one big difference...the AFC stinks in 2012. The 2004 team would easily be in the playoffs if they were in the current day AFC. Because the AFC stinks and the Bills are starting to figure things out, I still think they can get in. It is all about being the Colts this week.

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

No one else is bothered that this team's rallying call was a team who choked away the postseason to Pitt's third stringers? I still have flashbacks of that scrub quarterback St. Pierre or something running a bootleg on 4th and 1 and getting it. That game was also Willie Parker's coming out party for Pitts too if I remember right.
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                That game was also Willie Parker's coming out party for Pitts too if I remember right.
                It was. He was about the best "3rd stringer" I ever saw. We should have won that game, but its not like we played a D3 team...

As for today, I can't buy in yet that we have a shot at running the table (or even going one loss), and I am about as optimistic as it comes when it comes to these things. Maybe that's a good thing... maybe it'll take disbelief to get it done. Then again, maybe we lose to the Colts and this whole board turns to a 2013 draft scouting zone ASAP.

Comment

• IAG
                  • Jan 2005

No one else is bothered that this team's rallying call was a team who choked away the postseason to Pitt's third stringers? I still have flashbacks of that scrub quarterback St. Pierre or something running a bootleg on 4th and 1 and getting it. That game was also Willie Parker's coming out party for Pitts too if I remember right.
                  You are correct.

Comment

• IAG
                    • Jan 2005

What has also bothered me about that game was the spot Donahoe was put in by Mr. Wilson. He gave up the cash to bring back one of Schobel, Williams and Jennings. Schobel was a great re-sign, but losing Williams tore the heart of the run D. Jennings ended up being a bust for the Niners, but it also hurt the continuity upfront. Bledsoe was canned and Losman granted the keys.

While I was and am still a TD guy, I hated the Losman pick for a multitude of reasons. The end of the 04 season I think was really the Doldrum Stage for this team.

However, NOW, I think we can change things starting this week.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

The 2004 D gave up 284 points, the 2012 D has given up 299 points in 10 games played. Easily a better group of talent in 2004. That said I won't dismiss us this year because of a favorable schedule although the Tennessee loss is a BIG loss in the grand scheme of things. As not only was it a loss but a Conference loss which when tiebreakers matter most hurts us the most. Yet this week's game against the Colts is a "must win" as a loss this weekend easily kills any real chance at the playoffs. Yet I have a sneaking suspecion that in the end the teams representing the AFC at season's end will be the Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Broncos, Colts and Chargers if were to predict things now with the Bengals just missing out and the Bills then making the 8th team in the Conference with an 8-8 record.

Comment

• cookie G
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                        The 2004 D gave up 284 points, the 2012 D has given up 299 points in 10 games played. Easily a better group of talent in 2004.
                        That's pretty much the difference. The 04 group was the 2nd best D in the league, meltdown to Pittsburgh notwithstanding.

Of course, the "big name" free agents brought in during 03 (Spikes, Adams), actually produced.

Comment

• imbondz
                          Democrats are people too
                          • Jan 2003

nope, I laughed when I heard they brought up 2004's team for a rally call. let's see if we can win 6 straight and still not make the playoffs
                          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                            • Apr 2012

The battles of the toilet bowls

We are a boring ass football team and we are about to embark onto the part of the schedule with equally boring ass teams for us to play against. It is great to play crappy teams when you are trying to make the playoffs. It is the exact opposite to watch crappy football with nothing at stake besides um... pride or losing a high draft pick. That's pretty much what we have for the next month or so.

Here are your top 5 toilet bowl games I've watched as a Bills fan:

Comment

• Buffalogic
                              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                              • Feb 2006

Re: The battles of the toilet bowls

fail

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                                • Apr 2012

How we got here

The annual failure that is the Buffalo Bills has passed well beyond the state of aggravation. It’s just dumb now. In a league where week in and week out, many teams do plenty of stupid things in attempts to lose games, the Bills have persevered to out-stupid most of the AFC, 13 years and counting.Look, we could look forward and discuss the upcoming exciting matchup this Sunday with the Jag-ee-wahrs. Really, we could. But seeing as how I doubt ESPNCBSFOXNBC, or the NFL Network itself will spend even :30 COMBINED on this all-timer Sunday morning, why am I gonna do the heavy lifting for them? Nah, instead let’s treat ourselves to yet another autopsy on the Bills as their season approaches entering rigor mortis before the calendar turns to December.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍