Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: BuffaloWins Articles

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 546 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills coaches: Are they dated?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Dave Wandstache on the other hand is just awful and should be terminated.
    with extreme prejudice
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

2. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Not outdated, just out of their proper role or awful. Chan Gailey is a brilliant OC, and has made a career of turning ****ty qbs into halfway decent starters. If we had drafted Andy Dalton or any other competent qb people would be comparing him to Tom Brady. However, as a HC he is out of his element. Dave Wandstache on the other hand is just awful and should be terminated.
    Agreed completely.

That's my biggest fear about getting rid of him. I feel like Gailey has done a lot of really good things with this team offensively, and I would hate to lose him on that side of the ball.
    If we brought in another head coach, there is a good chance everything would get an overall and our offense would go back to the Losman/Edwards days.

And for the most part, I think he (and Nix) have the right philosophy about how to build a team... minus the whole quarterback thing.

Unfortunately, Gailey is worthless in helping out the defense. And his two d-coordinator choices have been horrible.
    Lots of other teams are successful with the HC running one side of the ball, and the coordinator handling the other side. You just have to get the right combination.
    - Green Bay has McCarthy on offense and Capers on defense
    - New Orleans had Payton on offense and Williams on defense
    - Houston has Kubiak on offense and Phillips on defense
    2013 "My Should Have" Draft
    Posted During the 2013 Draft
    1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
    2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
    3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
    5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
    6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
    1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
    2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
    2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
    3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
    4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
    5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
    6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
    7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

pete carroll is 60 years old? and older than Chan? Am I reading this right from the original post?

chan looks like crap if he's younger than pete carroll.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

also, in terms of the bills having zero options at HC since everyone and their mother turned them down, i'm pretty sure chan is the best option we've got.

imagine the horror of a new un-heard of high school coach getting the gig, or an expensive retread like billick who clearly won as a result of a great defense with great defensive players while being an offensive genius who couldn't get his team into the endzone.

there is no future for the bills. anything they do or have done doesn't work out. it's maddening.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gailey is a good offensive coach. He is a miserable head coach.

The Stache shouldn't even be in the league...
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

7. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mjt328 View Post
    Agreed completely.

That's my biggest fear about getting rid of him. I feel like Gailey has done a lot of really good things with this team offensively, and I would hate to lose him on that side of the ball.
    If we brought in another head coach, there is a good chance everything would get an overall and our offense would go back to the Losman/Edwards days.

And for the most part, I think he (and Nix) have the right philosophy about how to build a team... minus the whole quarterback thing.

Unfortunately, Gailey is worthless in helping out the defense. And his two d-coordinator choices have been horrible.
    Lots of other teams are successful with the HC running one side of the ball, and the coordinator handling the other side. You just have to get the right combination.
    - Green Bay has McCarthy on offense and Capers on defense
    - New Orleans had Payton on offense and Williams on defense
    - Houston has Kubiak on offense and Phillips on defense
    It would be nice just to keep him on as an OC if he fails again this year but that's not a possibility. He wouldn't stay and take a demotion. There are other good offensive minds out there you just need to find them. It's not like Gailey is the best or only offensive mind out there that he isn't replaceable.

It doesn't matter if he's a good OC or not if he sucks as a HC. Not just our coaches but many others around the league were good OC's or DC's but they just weren't any good as a HC. You can't keep them on just because of that. Ralph needs to have a good front office and/or be willing to fork out the money to bring not only a good HC here but decent coordinators too. That isn't the case with him though.

The comparisons you made with the other coaches isn't 100 percent accurate. Sure they call their own plays and run their offense but they also decide on how the team is going to play. Just like Tom Coughlin. He has Gilbride as an OC but his playcalling is totally different because Coughlin makes him stick with the plan that he wants to follow with the team or during a game. Gilbride will call the plays depending on what strategy Coughlin wants to play. When Gilbride was an OC in Buffalo that wasn't the case. He just did his own thing for the most part.

It's not like them HC's are just in charge of the offense and the DC is just in charge of the defense. They are still in charge of the team and strategy and style of play that the coach wants to do on the other side of the ball.

They tried that experiment in Dallas where Wade was just in charge of the defense and Garrett was just in charge of the offense and they both did their own thing. There wasn't any leadership and even though both of them were good coordinators you still need somebody to call the shots and prepare the team and that wasn't the case in that situation.

Gailey just can't cut it as a HC. If he fails this season then he needs to go. He's had many years in the NFL to prove himself. Just because somebody is a good coordinator doesn't mean they will be a HC.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

More doom and gloom. 2-2 and we're dated and terribad. DOOM I SAY! Those wins were nothing!
    Bye Bye Brady...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    More doom and gloom. 2-2 and we're dated and terribad. DOOM I SAY! Those wins were nothing!
    I think it has more to do with 12-24 since he's been here and not showing any great improvement this year either. Not to mention the 12-24 we have we also had an 8 game losing streak the first year and lost 7 out of our last 8 the second season. Both of our wins this year was against teams with a combined 1 WIN all season. We're also 2-12 in the division over that span. We've finished in last place both seasons too.

Them aren't the signs of a good coaching staff. A good coaching staff doesn't lose that many games in a row in consecutive seasons and 2-10 in the division. Not to mention they completely choked after a 5-2 start. We're also 4-14 on the road during that span. Even the Dolphins have won at least 5 games in the division in the past couple years.

This year we beat a couple bad teams and was blown out in both of our divisional. Keep on thinking that it's just this season though. But hey we're 2-2 so far this season though so everything is just fine and dandy. Many people kept saying the same things when Dick Jauron was here too.

Chan Gailey has also spent decades in the NFL and coaching. He is still only 60 years old though. He's still a young buck and not a veteran coach. All it will take is some time for him to turn it around even though he is 60 years old and was only a HC for two years in his career and that nobody else wanted him except for Buffalo.

I understand we have such a good background though that we've proved we're that much smarter then the rest of the teams in the NFL. They were just all wrong over all these years and Gailey really is a great HC. All of these years of success and smart moves give you that high standard around the league.
    Last edited by BillsFever21; 10-05-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you take away our long stretch of losing streaks over the past couple years we're 11-8 though. I guess we're not doing too bad if you take away the bad stretches.

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Chan Gailey should have been fired last year.

dang, that girl is mezmerizing

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo wins staff predictions

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...-vs-bills.html

Only way the Bills can win this game is if they stop Frank Gore and make Alex Smith beat them. The 49ers have given up the 6th most sacks this year (12) while only attempting 114 passes, which ranks 30th in the NFL. Keep in mind Smith was sacked 44 times last year, which was 26th most in the NFL. So, the Bills should be able to get pressure. Right? RIGHT?!

No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds. zone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Being a Bills and 49ers fan

I don't know how anyone has 2 favorite teams. It's like having 2 wives, one is enough for me.

16. Post thanked by:

Michael82 (10-10-2012),SeatownBillsFan21 (10-06-2012),Thurmal (10-06-2012),YardRat (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,368 Times in 8,981 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Liking another team other than the Bills???

Samuel L. Jackson disapproves.

18. Post thanked by:

YardRat (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,368 Times in 8,981 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wow Pete Carroll's aged well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think Nix can put together a good roster but what this team needs is a screaming type of head coach with a lot of fire to immolate the persistent culture of losing around here. These mellow types just aren't doing it.

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,006 Times in 2,186 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I understand having a 2nd favorite team, but never in a million years would I want my 2nd favorite team to beat the Bills.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I live in Charlotte, so I do watch the Panthers games and do enjoy the team and atmosphere... but you'd better believe that if they were playing each other I would spit on the Panthers in a heartbeat.

23. Post thanked by:

YardRat (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,424 Times in 7,292 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wish I could like a team other than the Bills.

25. Post thanked by:

gebobs (10-07-2012),more cowbell (10-07-2012)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,006 Times in 2,186 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I live in Nashville and haaaaaaaaaaate the Titans.