Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: BuffaloWins Articles

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Being a Bills and 49ers fan

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHO View Post
    SAY YOU LIKE TWO TEAMS AGAIN. I MOTHER EFFING DARE YOU.
    Has anyone told you that you have the best handle on BFZ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A few new posts from Buffalo Wins

For you reading pleasure

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...tick-tick.html

It’s the oft-talked about proverbial turd in the punchbowl when ANY discussion of the Bills comes up. It’s a magnifying glass, increasing in strength with each passing season. By-products include a fan base that often seems to be in ever-increasing need of Zoloft. Folks are gonna be off the deep end when the defense is shredded for 97 points in 2 weeks. Add in the cocktail of equal parts ridiculous 12-year playoff drought, No QB of the future, and “What happens when the soon-to-be 94 yr old owner finally kicks it”, things get ratcheted up a notch.

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...-answered.html

Well, they came out 2-3, like many thought in the preseason. But the Bills didn’t end up 2-3 in the manner that most expected. A pair of lopsided losses has all but drained hope and interest from most fans. What remains are lingering questions and some semi-sarcastic remarks about #GiveUpForGeno and what number the Bills’ eventual number one pick will wear. There are three specific questions that need to be answered by the Bills before the season is out. Assuming that some of the same song and dance continues, these questions might be answered by mid-season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

4. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Lee Evans' disease

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...verything.html

Now, I'd be an idiot if I was trying to place all of the blame or even 50% of it on Stevie. Fitz has been a tire fire. However, it is not like these guys haven't connected in the past. This isn't a Trent Edwards/Lee Evans situation where the pairing had very little past success. I just don't want to go down the road of giving Johnson a free pass if he continues to struggle. It is like giving all of the blame to Mario Williams for the DL struggling when there are a lot of other well paid players on that line doing badly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Lee Evans' disease

Greg Cosell has a done a few podcasts this week with Peter King, Doug Farrar, and another person who's name escapes me at the moment, and he's killed Fitz. To paraphrase, awful, very inaccurate, missing at least 5 throws every game that a starting caliber QB should make.

Fitz is dog ****. The Eye In the Sky series by WGR also highlight how bad Fitz has been. TJ Graham would be near the top in rookie receiver yards if Fitz could throw the ball 15+.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 10-12-2012 at 12:01 PM.

7. Post thanked by:

Beebe (10-13-2012),coastal (10-13-2012),Mouldsie (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,290 Times in 13,723 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There have definitely been some screw-ups on Johnson's part this year. Nothing major like his high-profile drops or stupid penalties from previous seasons, but certainly there were plays where he could have done better. That being said, I really can't blame him too much because Fitz has just been so awful. Johnson really hasn't had any chance to do anything. Every time he gets open deep, Fitz misses him. Every time he's on a slant or crossing route, Fitz can't hit him in stride and Johnson has to adjust to the ball, eliminating the chance for any YAC.

I'm all about distributing the blame because there is certainly a lot to go around, but it really is hard to give too much of it to Stevie or the other WR's with the situations they've been put in. They are getting open. There haven't been many drops. Fitz just can't get them the ball.

9. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (10-12-2012),YardRat (10-14-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For now, I'm with you. However, I just dont want this to become like Lee where everyone gave him a pass. As for the eye in the sky by wgr, sometimes I dont trust it cause if the WR who is open isnt the primary or secondary guy, it doesnt matter if he's open if the ball is suppose to go somewhere else.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joebuffalowins View Post
    For now, I'm with you. However, I just dont want this to become like Lee where everyone gave him a pass. As for the eye in the sky by wgr, sometimes I dont trust it cause if the WR who is open isnt the primary or secondary guy, it doesnt matter if he's open if the ball is suppose to go somewhere else.
    Are you serious? A good QB will find that open guy if his primary receiver isn't open or if he has a better shot with a wide open guy somewhere else.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joebuffalowins View Post
    Let me put it to you this way: If Johnson, the "decoy" receiver, is gettign wide open. That means that either he's beating the coverage even when it's focused on him or the DC is recognizing SJ is the decoy and letting him go. The former actually shows that Johnson is better than advertised, and the latter puts the blame squarely on Gailey for not adjusting or having tells.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

13. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Stevie half-asses it because he has no faith that Fitz will get him the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Thanked 30,530 Times in 17,423 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fitz Has been a train wreck this season, for all but a couple of quarters, maybe.

Good thing we brought in a QB 'guru' to straighten out his mechanics...he looks worse than he ever has, and that's saying something. Screw David Lee and his coaching, just throw the ball how you feel comfortable and deal with the results.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    I think Stevie half-asses it because he has no faith that Fitz will get him the ball.
    And that why QB is the Biggest Issue the Bills have and by far the most important position on any NFL team. You could have Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and TO on your team and with Fitz throwing them the Ball you would think that they were a bunch of average joes.

What is worst, is that often the other players on the team will regress. They will half ass it, ala Randy Moss in Oakland...
    Please Make Sense

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My Bills/Cards recap

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...cap-19-16.html

"As I've written a few times in the past, realistically, you have to hope for the Bills to be the Chiefs of 2010. A mediocre team that can beat other mediocre teams, finish 10-6, and get crushed in the playoffs. That's it. Yes, it is lowering expectations but beggars can't be choosers, especially after 12 years without the playoffs."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

New series on Buffalo Wins

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...week-4-78.html

"Given the bizarre (to put it nicely) nature of this week’s game, there were certainly plenty of statistics to pull from. Despite the win this week, it would be naïve to ignore the many issues the Bills have experienced over the past few weeks, most of which carried over to this week. The issue that I see as the most concerning moving forward is the inefficiency of the passing game, that’s where the number 4.78 comes in."

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: New series on Buffalo Wins

It was that high on YPP? I was thinking like a 3.5 yard average, at most.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How to beat the Titans piece

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...he-titans.html

However, sports are more about the destination, not the journey. So far the destination for the Bills is the exact same as a number of teams who, on paper, would likely be considered vastly superior. Yet, the Bills head into their final game before the bye against a beatable opponent and the opportunity to climb back above .500.

Tennessee is a team that has their own set of strengths and weaknesses, but they certainly are a good matchup for the Bills. Considering the Bills nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against Arizona, there will still need to be a few improvements made in order to beat the Titans.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,290 Times in 13,723 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: How to beat the Titans piece

This is what we call a "trap" game.

On paper, the Bills can beat the Titans, and it's a home game with a chance to go into the bye week with a winning record.

These are the situations where the Bills usually choke. They get caught looking forward and aren't living in the moment during the game. It's a winnable game that they will lose.

And it's important, too: we have the Texans and the Patriots coming out of the bye. Lose this one and we're staring 3-6 right in the face.

22. Post thanked by:

Beebe (10-17-2012),Lone Stranger (10-17-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    This is what we call a "trap" game.

On paper, the Bills can beat the Titans, and it's a home game with a chance to go into the bye week with a winning record.

These are the situations where the Bills usually choke. They get caught looking forward and aren't living in the moment during the game. It's a winnable game that they will lose.

And it's important, too: we have the Texans and the Patriots coming out of the bye. Lose this one and we're staring 3-6 right in the face.
    It is crazy the Titans are 2-4. They are last in a ton of offensive/defensive categories. So, yes, trap game indeed.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The run game breakdowns have got to stop. I know Chris Johnson isn't playing like he used to, but he's found some of his rhythm again, and if we let him into the secondary the same way we were against the Pats, 49ers, and even the Cardinals, then he'll be dancing in the endzone.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Don't we always lose the so-called "trap games"?