X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

How to beat the Titans piece

However, sports are more about the destination, not the journey. So far the destination for the Bills is the exact same as a number of teams who, on paper, would likely be considered vastly superior. Yet, the Bills head into their final game before the bye against a beatable opponent and the opportunity to climb back above .500.

Tennessee is a team that has their own set of strengths and weaknesses, but they certainly are a good matchup for the Bills. Considering the Bills nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against Arizona, there will still need to be a few improvements made in order to beat the Titans.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Re: How to beat the Titans piece

This is what we call a "trap" game.

On paper, the Bills can beat the Titans, and it's a home game with a chance to go into the bye week with a winning record.

These are the situations where the Bills usually choke. They get caught looking forward and aren't living in the moment during the game. It's a winnable game that they will lose.

And it's important, too: we have the Texans and the Patriots coming out of the bye. Lose this one and we're staring 3-6 right in the face.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

On paper, the Bills can beat the Titans, and it's a home game with a chance to go into the bye week with a winning record.

These are the situations where the Bills usually choke. They get caught looking forward and aren't living in the moment during the game. It's a winnable game that they will lose.

And it's important, too: we have the Texans and the Patriots coming out of the bye. Lose this one and we're staring 3-6 right in the face.
        It is crazy the Titans are 2-4. They are last in a ton of offensive/defensive categories. So, yes, trap game indeed.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

The run game breakdowns have got to stop. I know Chris Johnson isn't playing like he used to, but he's found some of his rhythm again, and if we let him into the secondary the same way we were against the Pats, 49ers, and even the Cardinals, then he'll be dancing in the endzone.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Don't we always lose the so-called "trap games"?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
              Don't we always lose the so-called "trap games"?
              yes, because the team is mentally weak and has been at least since the Jauron days.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

I'm calling it right now. I have a deep, nauseating feeling that we will do phenomenal defensively for 95% of the plays, both with the run defense and pass D. That other 5%? A draw play to Chris Johnson that goes for 53 yards for a score, and a ridiculous 60+ bomb to a receiver from a backup (who was a starter, I know).

Pair that with the crap they pulled off against the Steelers and Lions, and oi...
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Beebe
                  • Aug 2011

I really hate this team, I hope we beat the **** out of them. Oh yeah, and that ****ing old guy.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

hate the Titans, but for some reason it always seems like they have our number. have a bad feeling about this game
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Mike
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

How can it be a trap game?

Trap game implies that your team is so good at winning that it overlooks a weak opponent. The Bills are not a good team and have not been one since 1999 so the idea that they are overlooking anyone is quite ironic. Its like a 3 year old trying to take care of her baby doll.

You have to be good before you can have trap games.
                      Please Make Sense

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        How can it be a trap game?

Trap game implies that your team is so good at winning that it overlooks a weak opponent. The Bills are not a good team and have not been one since 1999 so the idea that they are overlooking anyone is quite ironic. Its like a 3 year old trying to take care of her baby doll.

You have to be good before you can have trap games.
                        I don't think you have to be good to have a trap game. I think you just have to be better than the team you are playing that week, and have something more important down the road. As bad as we are, on paper we're still better than the Titans. And it's at home, which means the Bills will be favored.

After this game, there's the bye, then two tough games against Houston and NE. I think the bye week and the upcoming challenges could make the Bills overlook the Texans and not work as hard as they would have if they were playing, say, NE (not that it helped the last time out).
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                          • Apr 2012

Post on college QBs

Tyler Bray - Tennessee: Brash. Confident. Cocky. Those are the three adjectives that come to mind when watching Tyler. He isn't afraid to sling into tight spots, talk it up on the field, or take a chance, and he has a rocket attached to his right shoulder. Reminds me of Jay Cutler. Would you take Cutler right now over Fitzpatrick? Exactly. Tennessee started out 2-0 , but got worked, 37-20, in a home game vs. the Gators. Tyler ended up throwing for 2 TD's and 2 INT's that game to go along with 257 yards. Tennessee has already lost their two biggest games on the season (Florida mentioned above and a shootout vs.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

Re: Post on college QBs

Lots of things can change before April, but right now, Geno Smith is the favorite among mock drafters to go first overall. I think Buffalo has a chance to get EJ Manuel if they are so inclined. I think Bray is probably going to move up and down quite a bit before the draft happens. We have to see where people think he'll be slotted as the draft gets closer.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Brash. Confident. Cocky. Rocket arm. 2 TDs 2 INTs 257 yards.

Who else does this remind you of other than Cutler?

Losman.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                                Brash. Confident. Cocky. Rocket arm. 2 TDs 2 INTs 257 yards.

Who else does this remind you of other than Cutler?

Losman.
                                He said cocky not *****

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞