X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

BuffaloWins Articles

If you have about five minutes, this will explain a lot about Mario. The best is yet to come, but we will still get the worst next year.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Re: This is your typical start for Mario Williams

Why did you ignore Allen's 2011 season when he had 22 sacks in 16 games, and went sackless only three times?
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Marrio didnt sign a typical contract. He should have been making an impact from the start of the season to the end. The only streak he's made so far, is disappearing from one game to an other.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

To be fair, the entire defense (and team at times) has disappeared at various points in the season.
          Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          Marrio didnt sign a typical contract. He should have been making an impact from the start of the season to the end. The only streak he's made so far, is disappearing from one game to an other.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Why did you ignore Allen's 2011 season when he had 22 sacks in 16 games, and went sackless only three times?
            Because I tried doing the same years Mario and him played. Mario only played five games. The overall point was as good as Allen was during those 5 years, he had a lot of games he didnt get sacks in. Streaky is the name of the game I think.
            Last edited by Joebuffalowins; 10-30-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
              • Apr 2012

I get that. But this could be what we have with Mario. Look at how inconsistent his sack numbers are. I bet he'll be a lot better in the 2nd half. Sure, he's not worth the money. No one is. But I think no one watched him play before to see him play like this. This is who he is and money doesnt matter in regards to a player playing to that level.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                To be fair, the entire defense (and team at times) has disappeared at various points in the season.
                I agree, but there are players who who are making a fraction of what Mario is making , making a bigger impact.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joebuffalowins View Post
                  I get that. But this could be what we have with Mario. Look at how inconsistent his sack numbers are. I bet he'll be a lot better in the 2nd half. Sure, he's not worth the money. No one is. But I think no one watched him play before to see him play like this. This is who he is and money doesnt matter in regards to a player playing to that level.
                  I heard he shows up when he's called out. I hope he does but more importantly I hope he changes his way and shows up every game.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

I still think that it would be wise to take a "wait and see" approach to this. If he truly is injured, then that would go a long to explaining the issue.
                    I agree, but there are players who who are making a fraction of what Mario is making , making a bigger impact.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

And how many games are we going to lose while Mario takes most of the season to get into a groove? We've already lost 4, including 2 division games and 3 conference games. 3 of the losses were blowouts, one was an epic 4th quarter collapse.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

I honestly don't care too much about how many games he gets 1 sack, or streaks that he's on, or when he's usually cold. That's all crap. What I want to see is constant effort, which he clearly doesn't have. I'd rather our defensive line have constant pressure on the QB opposed to getting 3 sacks on 3 plays and then no pressure any other time, which is what is happening right now. Our D-Line was supposed to be among the best this year, turns out it blows.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

which was the epic 4th quarter collapse? NE started in the third. last week was a typically 2001-2012 bills football loss.

i have a feeling mario plays really well this week. that's what my gut says, and my gut also says fitz will counteract any of the positives, the bills lose and mario loses interest for rest of season. This is the game where the "we are only 1 game out" crowd says, "ok, season is over."

it was so obvious at the jets game that this season was over. Such a pathetic organization and russ brandon carries most of that blame from me.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

Since when does signing a contract = high performance? I don't think he's ever going to match what he's making.

The Bills have to over pay to get him here, a fact people just have to accept. For me, I'd NOT sign him to that contract. Ever! And I know in that case, I'd be crucified for not spending the money regardless how Mario does with another team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                              I still think that it would be wise to take a "wait and see" approach to this. If he truly is injured, then that would go a long to explaining the issue.
                              I agree. I'm not calling this hire a bust already. Just criticizing what he's done or hasn't done so far. We hired him with the thought that he would be better than Shobel. He hasn't even been better than Kelsay
                              sacrifice1

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                                • Apr 2012

finding some good in the season.

Chan Gailey needs to devote more of his offense to the run. Jackson and Spiller ground up 140 yards on just 20 carries against Tennessee but the run game disappeared when the Bills needed to milk the clock with a tenuous lead. If Gailey can swallow his pride and get the pair closer to 40 touches (30-35 being more realistic), his offense and winning percentage should be the beneficiary.

Out of the box stat: Spiller and Jackson have combined for 1,027 yards in total offense, which accounts for 45% of the Bills offense this year. It would also put them on pace for 2,200 yards.The 1,027 yards in total offense is more than Adrian Peterson, Adrian Foster and Frank Gore have.

Comment

Working...
                                X