X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

Pros and cons for keeping Buddy Nix

Pro: Unless new ownership comes in, GMs normally get 4-5 years at minimum to try and turn around a franchise. It always seems like they would get two coaches under their leadership and then if they fail, the GM would be the fall guy.
    Con: Buddy Nix is in his 70s. He's never been a GM before this job. If it took him almost 30 years or whatever for him to get a crack at being the GM, maybe he was better suited for being a lifetime scout. He also hired a coach who won 16 games in a 3-year stretch, which is the lowest for the franchise since 1984-1986.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Re: BuffaloWins Articles

Nix is retiring ... he is not being retained at GM.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
        • Apr 2012

A Q&A about Ken Whisenhunt with a Cards' writer.

2) From an outsider POV, you could easily say that once Kurt Warner left, that pretty much sealed it for Ken being successful there. Do you think Whisenhunt knows offense or was he just lucky to get a guy like Warner?
        I think it is a little bit of both. We have to remember that Warner was here for a couple of seasons before Whisenhunt was brought on and could not manage to get off the bench. Despite Warner being a future Hall of Fame QB, Whisenhunt was still able to teach him some things about the position. The two of them combined formed a formidable team.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
          • Apr 2012

A podcast about the Brandon promotion
          Last edited by Joebuffalowins; 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
            • Apr 2012

A Q&A about Ken Whisenhunt with a Cards' writer.

2) From an outsider POV, you could easily say that once Kurt Warner left, that pretty much sealed it for Ken being successful there. Do you think Whisenhunt knows offense or was he just lucky to get a guy like Warner?
            I think it is a little bit of both. We have to remember that Warner was here for a couple of seasons before Whisenhunt was brought on and could not manage to get off the bench. Despite Warner being a future Hall of Fame QB, Whisenhunt was still able to teach him some things about the position. The two of them combined formed a formidable team.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
              • Apr 2012

Re: A Q&A about Ken Whisenhunt with a Cards' writer.

Memories of the Comeback game

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                • Apr 2012

Q&A about Russ Grimm and Ray Horton

Horton portion

1) What are the pros/cons for Ray Horton?

This is the guy that Cardinals fans really want to stay. He has transformed the team's defense into one of the best in the league. He coaches, unlike Whisenhunt, with emotion and personality. He is an easy going guy, but he will light you up if you don't follow his directions. And if you do not listen to what he says, then the plan will not work. That is why the team went such a terror towards the end of the 2011-12 season. They finally bought into his defensive scheme.

As for cons, I would wonder if he is ready for a head coaching position. I would lean towards yes and would be content with him being the Cardinals' head coach, but one has to wonder. Just a couple of seasons ago, he was a defensive backs coach for the Steelers. Is he ready to be a head coach? Time will tell.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                  • Apr 2012

Thoughts on Doug Marrone

The Bills are a cesspool of garbage and need a guy who will change the culture. He has a track record in doing that with Cuse. I like reading how he made the players clean the locker room and had them switch from sweats to suits. I know it may be perceived as being corny, but the Bills just need someone who will run in there with a flamethrower and institute a "you are either with me or against me" rhetoric. In other words, embrace your *******ness and be the ultimate ironfist ruler.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                    • Apr 2012

Re: Bills coaches: Are they dated?

Here is a Q&A with a Cuse blogger about Marrone

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                      • Apr 2012

Mock draft post/

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                        • Apr 2012

I go over my 25 predictions from September about the Bills season. See how badly I do..

Comment

• gebobs
                          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                          • Sep 2003

Uh...Dick Enberg isn't dead! :-)
                          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                            • Apr 2012

Re: BuffaloWins Articles- Q&A about Matt Flynn

Like everyone under the sun in the (716), I've been doing a lot of thinking when it comes to the Bills QB issues. I'm all over the place with the subject matter. I know I want change, but the road on how to get there feels like a crossroad on a LA Expressway. Just too many intersections that don't exactly lead to promise.

For the piece, I wanted to reach out to the folks at the Seahawks website on Bloguin (Seahawk Addicts) and the Green Bay Packers SB Nation site (Acme Packing Company) to ask about Flynn. I'm mainly intrigued because no one is talking about him, yet, I kind of think he should be mentioned or at least explored by fans and media members. The first part of the Q&A is with David Shanley from Acme Packing Company.

In fact, I have a post brewing that pretty much looks at all of the angles for which they can go for a QB. For some odd reason, Matt Flynn came to mind. I guess I was trying to figure out a way for the Bills to get a QB who is actually in the NFL and not someone coming from college. Now, if given the choice, yes, I would totally sign up for a rookie and watch him develop rather than get a NFL QB on this crappy market. But, I'm never been one to close the door on an unknown, and we all know the draft and in this case, Matt Flynn, are unknowns.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                              • Apr 2012

Re: BuffaloWins Articles- My ode to Ryan Fitzpatrick

My ode to Ryan Fitzpatrick

I was desperate. I wanted them to finally close the door on the search for a franchise QB. Hope can come in a lot of shapes and sizes, and I thought it came as a guy with a lumberjack beard who wore a wedding ring. I just didn't think clearly. The whole getting out of the decade of sadness clouded my vision of him. "So, he made a bad throw..all QBs do that! He played with bad ribs, that's why he sucked ass during the 2nd half of the 2011 season!"
                              It was there right in my face.Y

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                                • Apr 2012

Re: BuffaloWins Articles- Q&A with a Bengals blogger about Manny Lawson

Q&A with a Bengals blogger about Manny Lawson

2) The Bills plan to run a hybrid defense with a lot of blitzing, how do you see him fitting into that type of defense?
                                He's a good blitzer, but not a good pass rusher. There's a difference; he times blitzes well and doesn't waste opportunities to hit the QB. Just don't ask him to break off of too many blocks. He gas experience in both common base defenses, so that was probably appealing.

Last edited by Joebuffalowins; 03-13-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X