Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: BuffaloWins Articles

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bills midseason awards

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...on-awards.html

Lack of Adjustment – Abandonment of the run on a weekly basis: Chan Gailey’s lack of interest in the run game has varied each week. However, as the season has progressed, it almost seems as if he isn’t willing to ignore his favorite pet, the passing game. Despite having a dynamic running attack, it has been the passing game that has been the undoing of the Bills this season.

Out of the Box Stat: The Bills have run the 28th least amount of plays (483) in the NFL. However, they have run the ball 44% of the time which is the 11th best percentage in the league.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 5 reasons why the Bills wont fire Gailey

I don't understand the Houston Texans point. Aren't you comparing the Bills favorably to the Houston Texans situation? With how you worded that parragraph I get that you are endorsing Chan's work on offense and that he only needs a competent playcaller on defense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpillerThrills View Post
    remember that a new coach is going to want his own players, because with exception of a handful of starters on this team no coach would want 80% or so of our roster.
    Yeah....I strongly disagree with this.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The only reason Chan has job security is that Ralph and Buddy are asleep at the wheel.

Registered User Extremebillsfan247's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Okay, the whole Wannstedt scape goat thing is an over-exaggeration. The problem with the Bills defense is not the defensive coordinator. We have the wrong player personnel to run a Wannstedt defense properly. Since Gailey took over as head coach, this team has struggled to figure out what type of defense it wants to run. So the player personnel has become a reflection of that. That's why it's a mess. Gailey's head coaching focus on offense only strategy is why this team is failing. JMO

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
    Okay, the whole Wannstedt scape goat thing is an over-exaggeration. The problem with the Bills defense is not the defensive coordinator. We have the wrong player personnel to run a Wannstedt defense properly. Since Gailey took over as head coach, this team has struggled to figure out what type of defense it wants to run. So the player personnel has become a reflection of that. That's why it's a mess. Gailey's head coaching focus on offense only strategy is why this team is failing. JMO
    No

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm still reminded of this quote from Vic Carucci about the coaching search of 2009:

"This is his (Wilson's) last coach and (he) is going to do everything it takes to get it right," the insider told Carucci.
    He got it so wrong that he's going to outlive his choice.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    I don't understand the Houston Texans point. Aren't you comparing the Bills favorably to the Houston Texans situation? With how you worded that parragraph I get that you are endorsing Chan's work on offense and that he only needs a competent playcaller on defense.
    What he's saying is that these are the reasons he hears for keeping Gailey, not that he agrees with them.

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    I disagree on every reason except for Ralph being old.
    Good. They're all awful reasons and that's the point of the article.
    Last edited by gebobs; 11-09-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

5 reasons to fire Chan at the end of the season: The 5 wins the 2012 Buffalo Bills totaled vs the 11 losses.

10. Post thanked by:

imbondz (11-14-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    These are just excuses as to why they wont fire him. They can use the Texans as a way of saying "See what happens when you are patient and you dont fire coaches?"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bills podcast and Sunday's staff predictions

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...ills-pats.html

Joe: 52-21, Pats: The 2nd time around against the Pats normally means a blow out. The Bills have lost by an average of 22 points when they meet the Pats the 2nd time. The secondary -which has been a disaster- is now battling injuries. Leodis McKelvin as your 2nd corner? Shoot me. In their last 3 meetings, the Pats have had a WR or a RB go over 100 yards eight times.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills podcast and Sunday's staff predictions

21 points is pretty generous.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When the team is something like 4-18 within the division during Gaileys tenure, saying "Stay the course" sinks like a stone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How ****ty the Bills are against the Pats

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...s-goliath.html

Indeed, I couldn't escape the feeling that the Patriots seem to let the Bills hang around in the first game of the season (and sometimes, the Bills may even win! Gasp!), but in the second matchup the gloves are off and we're gonna get stomped.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My ****ty Bills/Pats recap

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...cap-37-31.html
    "I had given up on this stupid team going into this game and was expecting a blowout. Yet, they gave a valiant effort. To channel Whitney Houston, I really wanted to believe for one stupid moment in time that they were going to score on the last drive. I actually had the audacity to believe in them. Silly me.

The Pats are just better. Great teams like them always find ways to win while losing teams like the Bills find ways to lose (See: Penalties, throwing too much, turnovers, dropping interceptions and defense sucks). It is as simple as that. I just wish it was simple for me to get over losses like these. You'd think after so many heart-breakers, it would be."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Post counting down the worst coordinators

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Except the Bills won't replace him with any decent coach, except other retreads or bad coordinators.
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
    When you drop eleventy billion dollars and multiple Top 10 picks on your defense then you build your scheme around them. That's the difference between good coaches and bad coaches. Good coaches recognize what their players can do and adapt to them. Bad ones try to force square pegs through round holes and complain they don't have the right talent when it fails.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    When the team is something like 4-18 within the division during Gaileys tenure, saying "Stay the course" sinks like a stone.
    You give Chump Gailey too much credit. His divisional record is 2-13 with one win over New England last year and one win over Miami the previous season. He's 0-5 against the Jets.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by syd1364 View Post
    Except the Bills won't replace him with any decent coach, except other retreads or bad coordinators.
    You never know what you're getting unless the guy is a proven winner like when Bill Parcells & our own Chuck Knox would jump from team to team, never getting fired but leaving for greener pastures. With a retread you can luck out & get a Marv Levy or you can get Romeo Crennel who looks like he's 1 & done in KC. With an assistant, you can get a Mike Sherman or you can get a Jim Ringo, Kay Stephenson or Hank Bullough.
    If the coach has had 3 years & wins 33% of his games, you have to take a shot that you can get the next Levy or Sherman because if you keep the status quo and keep winning 33% of your games, it's not significantly better than what a Crennel or Bullough would get you-and if you end up with a Crennel or Bullough, at least he'll get you a high enough pick to help turn the team around when you fire him. Gailey doesn't win enough to be a credible head coach, but he wins just enough to be both bad & screw up your draft.