• Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

Post counting down the worst coordinators

Did I get the rankings right?

Comment

• Syderick
      • Apr 2006

Re: 5 reasons why the Bills wont fire Gailey

Except the Bills won't replace him with any decent coach, except other retreads or bad coordinators.
      3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
        Okay, the whole Wannstedt scape goat thing is an over-exaggeration. The problem with the Bills defense is not the defensive coordinator. We have the wrong player personnel to run a Wannstedt defense properly. Since Gailey took over as head coach, this team has struggled to figure out what type of defense it wants to run. So the player personnel has become a reflection of that. That's why it's a mess. Gailey's head coaching focus on offense only strategy is why this team is failing. JMO
        When you drop eleventy billion dollars and multiple Top 10 picks on your defense then you build your scheme around them. That's the difference between good coaches and bad coaches. Good coaches recognize what their players can do and adapt to them. Bad ones try to force square pegs through round holes and complain they don't have the right talent when it fails.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• gebobs
          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          When the team is something like 4-18 within the division during Gaileys tenure, saying "Stay the course" sinks like a stone.
          You give Chump Gailey too much credit. His divisional record is 2-13 with one win over New England last year and one win over Miami the previous season. He's 0-5 against the Jets.
          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by syd1364 View Post
            Except the Bills won't replace him with any decent coach, except other retreads or bad coordinators.
            You never know what you're getting unless the guy is a proven winner like when Bill Parcells & our own Chuck Knox would jump from team to team, never getting fired but leaving for greener pastures. With a retread you can luck out & get a Marv Levy or you can get Romeo Crennel who looks like he's 1 & done in KC. With an assistant, you can get a Mike Sherman or you can get a Jim Ringo, Kay Stephenson or Hank Bullough.
            If the coach has had 3 years & wins 33% of his games, you have to take a shot that you can get the next Levy or Sherman because if you keep the status quo and keep winning 33% of your games, it's not significantly better than what a Crennel or Bullough would get you-and if you end up with a Crennel or Bullough, at least he'll get you a high enough pick to help turn the team around when you fire him. Gailey doesn't win enough to be a credible head coach, but he wins just enough to be both bad & screw up your draft.

Comment

• Mski
              • Mar 2006

Re: Post counting down the worst coordinators

fun piece to read... although im not sure i'd put the 'stache @ number 1
              RIP Tommy D!
              12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

There are so many bad coordinators in Bills history that you would need to make this a top 25.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I honestly don't know who the coordinators were in '71, but both deserve to be on the list.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

This list is missing a lot of junk from pre-2000.
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                      • Apr 2012

Bills/Dolphins preview posts

Staff predictions
                      Aaron Garland: 28-24, Bills- Chan Gailey is 2-13 against AFC East opponents as Bills head coach, but he gets that all-important third win. Spiller 8 carries, Tashard Choice 20.

3) What makes Cameron Wake such a dominate pass rusher? How can the Bills stop him?
                      He is the complete package: strong and able to have a speed rush off the edge. Wake not only has the big sack numbers but can draw a ton of holding calls against offensive tackles. I would double Wake, but you would then have to be careful because the two interior linemen are solid players as well. However, the Dolphins haven't been able to get a pass rush on the other side of Wake and teams are veering away from him to exploit the other side

Hot Read: Tannehill’s TD/INT ratio is 2:9 in Miami’s five losses this season. He has also attempted at least 35 passes in all five losses this season. He doesn’t have any more that 30 attempts in any victory and his TD/INT ratio is 3:0 in those games.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Interestingly, some of those guys have been outstanding as coordinators for other teams. The Giants have a Super Bowl win with to former Bills coordinators as their offensive and defensive strategists. I know Perry Fewell wasn't on your list, but fans loved to hate him while he was here too.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                          • Apr 2012

My Bills/dolphins recap

The only way the Bills are going to turn this year around is if the defense plays like this.
                          • In their four wins: 17 sacks. In their six losses: 6 sacks.
                          • In their four wins: 23 PPG. In their 6 losses: 22 PPG.

You see what the difference is?

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

Re: My Bills/dolphins recap

Originally posted by Joebuffalowins View Post
                            • In their four wins: 23 PPG. In their 6 losses: 22 PPG.

You see what the difference is?
                            Barely?

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                              • Apr 2012

Comparing 2004 to 2012 Bills

"Heading into this weekend's games, the Bills' remaining opponents are 24-35-1. After 10 games in 2004, the Bills' remaining opponents were 24-36. The Steelers were 9-1 at that point and we played their backups, but take them out and the best team remaining on the Bills' schedule at that time was Seattle (6-4). Ironic, huh? The Bills had the likes of AJ Feeley, Luke McCown and Tim Rattay remaining on their schedule. The Bills of today may not have as bad of a cast of QBs remaining, but they all seem to be inexperienced. None of the remaining QBs are ranked higher than 12th and 4 of the 6 remaining are rated between 26th-30th. Alright, maybe they are kind of bad. Throw in that the Bills still have four home games remaining. After next week, they only go on the road one more time the rest of the season."

Comment

• Jaybird
                                • Dec 2005

Re: Comparing 2004 to 2012 Bills

our poor division record won't help anything

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘