X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

When selling out isnt selling out

Let me preface my anger on this point by expressing good feelings for Mr. Salvatore, though his good deed does little to impact my life living outside of WNY's blackout zone. And, to the extent that these extra tickets are given away and a few thousand people that otherwise would have stayed home make it to the game, I have no gripe.

Nevertheless, the fact that this even has to be done is, and should be, an embarrassment. Yet, those Buffalo Bills are apparently the poorly wrapped and overpriced gift that keeps on giving.

SELLS OUT?? Come the **** on.

Even if you want to believe that this is technically an accurate way to describe what happened - personally, I think it's shady since it implies that people actually bought the tickets with the intention of going, while it's likely that Salvatore will have a tough time giving away his (maybe tens of) thousands of tickets to people who actually want to sit in the cold and watch a tire fire that produces absolutely no heat - the concept of putting this news over a picture of the Ralph as some sort of promotional material, and a picture of the Ralph with plenty of embarrassingly empty seats, is a bold and stupendously stupid move.

http://www.buffalowins.com/
    Last edited by Joebuffalowins; 12-06-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Re: When selling out isnt selling out

Originally posted by Joebuffalowins View Post
      Let me preface my anger on this point by expressing good feelings for Mr. Salvatore, though his good deed does little to impact my life living outside of WNY's blackout zone. And, to the extent that these extra tickets are given away and a few thousand people that otherwise would have stayed home make it to the game, I have no gripe.

Nevertheless, the fact that this even has to be done is, and should be, an embarrassment. Yet, those Buffalo Bills are apparently the poorly wrapped and overpriced gift that keeps on giving.

SELLS OUT?? Come the **** on.

Even if you want to believe that this is technically an accurate way to describe what happened - personally, I think it's shady since it implies that people actually bought the tickets with the intention of going, while it's likely that Salvatore will have a tough time giving away his (maybe tens of) thousands of tickets to people who actually want to sit in the cold and watch a tire fire that produces absolutely no heat - the concept of putting this news over a picture of the Ralph as some sort of promotional material, and a picture of the Ralph with plenty of embarrassingly empty seats, is a bold and stupendously stupid move.

http://www.buffalowins.com/
      Be bold. Shout at us. Irk everybody.
      Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-06-2012, 03:59 PM.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
        • Apr 2012

Goto the site to read the rest of it. I couldnt link it cause it had a swear word in the title.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Goto the site to read the rest of it. I couldnt link it cause it had a swear word in the title.
          Thud.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
            • Sep 2008

Re: Stats about the Bills turnaround

The only teams this year that the Bills beat are in last place in their divisions. All of them, Miami, Jacksonville, Cleveland, KC, and Arizona. How did we improve? Where is the turnaround? I don't see it.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

I'm a little dumber after reading part of this, ~5th grade author.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

When I visit the board regularly, I hope for competent journalism if it's going to be relevant. If it's a thought from a regular journalist I would be OK with it, but this is just dribble. Opinions on blogs aren't newsworthy. Stop posting your blog crap every day.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Nothing like promoting a personal B!tch blog on this site.

Craptastic !
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• JoeMama
                    Emotion Sickness
                    • Oct 2002

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...s-defense.html

The Bills entered the bye with a 3-4 record after allowing no fewer than 35 points in each of their four losses. In fact, the Bills have allowed an average of 36.6 points, 259 passing yards and 170 rushing yards per game in each loss (passing yards calculated with sack yardage). The Bills forced only four turnovers and registered 10 sacks in each of their seven losses.

By comparison, Buffalo has yielded averages of 15.8 points, 187.8 passing yards and 95 rushing yards in each of their five wins. The Bills have 17 sacks and 12 turnovers in those games.
                    Please read and tell a friend. Thanks!!
                    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                      Tell a friend! LOLz
                      Alright, the tell a friend was lame. Im advertising on facebook, so, I'm desperate for hits like a crackhead

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                        When I visit the board regularly, I hope for competent journalism if it's going to be relevant. If it's a thought from a regular journalist I would be OK with it, but this is just dribble. Opinions on blogs aren't newsworthy. Stop posting your blog crap every day.
                        Im sorry you feel that way. Ive worked it out the guy who runs the site and he's fine with it. However, your stance against bloggers is kind of crappy. It would be like me saying what does it matter of anyone's opinion on the team from a message board because you aren't a journalist. Dont look at the messenger, look at the content. If you disagree, fine. Its a free country. But to just say you are just a blogger, is a annoying. We've had a lot of content that is analytical and not all rants.
                        Last edited by Joebuffalowins; 12-06-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I think everyone understands that who you play can have a profound effect on how your team looks. In other words, a good looking performance against a lousy team doesn't necessarily mean that you've suddenly become a playoff caliber team. Still, I think there is reason for some optimism regarding the defense. Against some of the better teams, Buffalo's defense early in the season would have a couple good plays and then get gashed for a big gainer. Lately, the number of big gainers against the Bills' defense has sharply declined. Again, some of that is the level of competition, but some of also appears to be a growing consistency as the linemen and linebackers have become more disciplined in handling their gap assignments. It doesn't matter who you're playing discipline in playing position leads to more consistency and better defense.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                            • Dec 2008

Op, I don't get your gripe.

Like you said it doesn't even affect you since you don't live here.
                            But I think most people realize what Salvador has done. Very nice of him.
                            plus if your old enough to remember, this was happening back in the Super Bowl era as well.

I'm confused why this would bother anyone.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I hope you realize that every time Salvatore buys out remaining tickets he puts a bunch of them up for grabs for a minimum $20 donation per two tix and the proceeds go to local charities.

All of the tix are sold, the game is on TV, and local needy benefit. Does it really get much better than that?
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                                • Apr 2012

Bills/Rams recap

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...cap-15-12.html

"Gailey's management was awful today. His playcalling in the last 30 seconds of the 1st half should be a fireable offense. Seriously, he has become the southern version of Dick Jauron. He has an average offensive mind and both have no concept of game management or in-game adjustments. He is a joke. He is coaching over his head. He's "Scared" to kick 50-yard field goals. He treats his running back rotation as if he's coaching high school football and everyone needs to play or the kids' parents will hunt him down. At this rate, all of WNY wants to hunt this fool down with pitch forks and battle axes."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍