Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: BuffaloWins Articles

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: When selling out isnt selling out

Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    When I visit the board regularly, I hope for competent journalism if it's going to be relevant. If it's a thought from a regular journalist I would be OK with it, but this is just dribble. Opinions on blogs aren't newsworthy. Stop posting your blog crap every day.
    Im sorry you feel that way. Ive worked it out the guy who runs the site and he's fine with it. However, your stance against bloggers is kind of crappy. It would be like me saying what does it matter of anyone's opinion on the team from a message board because you aren't a journalist. Dont look at the messenger, look at the content. If you disagree, fine. Its a free country. But to just say you are just a blogger, is a annoying. We've had a lot of content that is analytical and not all rants.
    Last edited by Joebuffalowins; 12-06-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Stats about the Bills turnaround

I think everyone understands that who you play can have a profound effect on how your team looks. In other words, a good looking performance against a lousy team doesn't necessarily mean that you've suddenly become a playoff caliber team. Still, I think there is reason for some optimism regarding the defense. Against some of the better teams, Buffalo's defense early in the season would have a couple good plays and then get gashed for a big gainer. Lately, the number of big gainers against the Bills' defense has sharply declined. Again, some of that is the level of competition, but some of also appears to be a growing consistency as the linemen and linebackers have become more disciplined in handling their gap assignments. It doesn't matter who you're playing discipline in playing position leads to more consistency and better defense.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Op, I don't get your gripe.

Like you said it doesn't even affect you since you don't live here.
    But I think most people realize what Salvador has done. Very nice of him.
    plus if your old enough to remember, this was happening back in the Super Bowl era as well.

I'm confused why this would bother anyone.

4. Post thanked by:

SquishDaFish (12-09-2012),YardRat (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope you realize that every time Salvatore buys out remaining tickets he puts a bunch of them up for grabs for a minimum $20 donation per two tix and the proceeds go to local charities.

All of the tix are sold, the game is on TV, and local needy benefit. Does it really get much better than that?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

6. Post thanked by:

Demon (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bills/Rams recap

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...cap-15-12.html

"Gailey's management was awful today. His playcalling in the last 30 seconds of the 1st half should be a fireable offense. Seriously, he has become the southern version of Dick Jauron. He has an average offensive mind and both have no concept of game management or in-game adjustments. He is a joke. He is coaching over his head. He's "Scared" to kick 50-yard field goals. He treats his running back rotation as if he's coaching high school football and everyone needs to play or the kids' parents will hunt him down. At this rate, all of WNY wants to hunt this fool down with pitch forks and battle axes."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When did Pat Moran's younger brother start posting on this board?

The blog sucks. It is a free country, so you can blog about it all day and all night for all i care. But, it's kind of lame to come on here and post it like it's some kind of newsworthy, relevant piece of writing. It's not. I don't mind blogs, but let your writing/research sell itself. If you write good stuff, people will find you via searches or social media. Put a link to your **** blog in your signature and when you post, we'd all see you write a blog. But, you rarely ever post here besides to promote the blog.

As for the non-sellout. Buffalo is in a tough spot. Small market city, team is a bunch of losers, and with being a smaller city, comes there is not too many fans who live here from afar. For example, if Bills play in St Louis, Bills fans will represent thousands of ticket sales. While how many St Louis fans came to the game here? Probably a handful. Playing the non-popular team, such as St Louis, Jacksonville, is and always will be a problem for this market - and it is for other markets too.

Maybe the Bills should put up tarps to cover 8k seats on the corners and we'll never be blacked out again? Would you be happy then?
    Impossible is Nothing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills coaches: Are they dated?

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...-seahawks.html

Really comprehensive look at the Seahawks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    When did Pat Moran's younger brother start posting on this board?

The blog sucks. It is a free country, so you can blog about it all day and all night for all i care. But, it's kind of lame to come on here and post it like it's some kind of newsworthy, relevant piece of writing. It's not. I don't mind blogs, but let your writing/research sell itself. If you write good stuff, people will find you via searches or social media. Put a link to your **** blog in your signature and when you post, we'd all see you write a blog. But, you rarely ever post here besides to promote the blog.

As for the non-sellout. Buffalo is in a tough spot. Small market city, team is a bunch of losers, and with being a smaller city, comes there is not too many fans who live here from afar. For example, if Bills play in St Louis, Bills fans will represent thousands of ticket sales. While how many St Louis fans came to the game here? Probably a handful. Playing the non-popular team, such as St Louis, Jacksonville, is and always will be a problem for this market - and it is for other markets too.

Maybe the Bills should put up tarps to cover 8k seats on the corners and we'll never be blacked out again? Would you be happy then?
    First off, I do respond to posts on here. Like I'm doing now. Im actually Pat Moran's lover, so get that straight.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: BuffaloWins Articles

Eeewwwwww....

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Quarter Awards for the Bills

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    The 100 Million Dollar Baby Award: guess
    How do ya like him now, baby?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Eeewwwwww....
    Yeah, the thought/image is repulsive.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...cap-50-17.html

Here is my ****ty game recap. It sucks for all of us. Even the bloggers

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...orld-burn.html

Pretty much I think the Bills need to lose out in really bad fashion. It is the only way they will fire Gailey. If they go 2-0 and finish 7-9, he will be back. I don't want that. Yes, I'm selling out.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...z-or-chan.html

Who would you rather have leave? Fitz or Gailey?

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joebuffalowins View Post
    http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...z-or-chan.html

Who would you rather have leave? Fitz or Gailey?
    Gailey needs to go. The guy who takes over has to find his own QB. I'm fine letting Fitz be a backup.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Quarter Awards for the Bills

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    How do ya like him now, baby?
    He's ok. Like the rest of the defense, he had a few good games against the bottom feeders. Business as usual against Seattle.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-s...something.html

Missing the stupid NHL
    You don't have the same appreciation for the Sabres or the Bills until you move away. You go home and watch them play and it means so much more than watching them in NYC on an illegal feed or at a sports bar. And if I'm not at the F'N center, it would have been great to venture to a sports bar to watch the game with tons of Sabres fans and friends. When the dust, money and hangovers have cleared, the hockey games are probably my favorite part about my getaway.
    This is the time of year hockey season really starts for me. The weather is colder, the hockey games start meaning something, the Bills are out of playoff contention (Again), and more importantly, I'm usually home.
    Not this year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bills/Miami recap

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...cap-24-10.html

The fact that the Bills are going to keep with the continuity of losing is just ridiculous. Again, the Bills are tied with the Browns with the worst record in the NFL since 2010. Where is the progress? There is none. It is the same crap. You see, this is where my apathy for the team turns to rage. I want the season to end so I can just move on and get away, but then their stupidity with plans and public relations bring me back in.
    Seriously, do the Bills think they are dealing with a bunch of rubes?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A analytical take on retread coaches. You may be surprised at how successful they have been

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...the-bills.html

Since 1997, ten championships have been won by retreads ( Mike Shanahan-2, Bill Belichick-3, Dick Vermeil-1, Jon Gruden-1, Tom Coughlin-2, Tony Dungy-1). Since 1997, there have been 36 head coaching hires who had previous stints as the big cheese of their organization. Here there are with a little bio of their 2nd or in some cases, 3rd coaching stint.

- - - Updated - - -

A analytical take on retread coaches. You may be surprised at how successful they have been

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/who-do-you-want-to-coach-the-bills.html

Since 1997, ten championships have been won by retreads ( Mike Shanahan-2, Bill Belichick-3, Dick Vermeil-1, Jon Gruden-1, Tom Coughlin-2, Tony Dungy-1). Since 1997, there have been 36 head coaching hires who had previous stints as the big cheese of their organization. Here there are with a little bio of their 2nd or in some cases, 3rd coaching stint.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...llege-try.html

A piece on college coaches going to the NFL. Success rate since 1989 and possible candidates

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...llege-try.html