X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

Bills midseason awards

Lack of Adjustment – Abandonment of the run on a weekly basis: Chan Gailey’s lack of interest in the run game has varied each week. However, as the season has progressed, it almost seems as if he isn’t willing to ignore his favorite pet, the passing game. Despite having a dynamic running attack, it has been the passing game that has been the undoing of the Bills this season.

Out of the Box Stat: The Bills have run the 28th least amount of plays (483) in the NFL. However, they have run the ball 44% of the time which is the 11th best percentage in the league.

Comment

• Fixxxer
      • Jul 2002

Re: 5 reasons why the Bills wont fire Gailey

I don't understand the Houston Texans point. Aren't you comparing the Bills favorably to the Houston Texans situation? With how you worded that parragraph I get that you are endorsing Chan's work on offense and that he only needs a competent playcaller on defense.

Comment

• we are
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SpillerThrills View Post
        remember that a new coach is going to want his own players, because with exception of a handful of starters on this team no coach would want 80% or so of our roster.
        Yeah....I strongly disagree with this.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

The only reason Chan has job security is that Ralph and Buddy are asleep at the wheel.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
            • Sep 2008

Okay, the whole Wannstedt scape goat thing is an over-exaggeration. The problem with the Bills defense is not the defensive coordinator. We have the wrong player personnel to run a Wannstedt defense properly. Since Gailey took over as head coach, this team has struggled to figure out what type of defense it wants to run. So the player personnel has become a reflection of that. That's why it's a mess. Gailey's head coaching focus on offense only strategy is why this team is failing. JMO

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
              Okay, the whole Wannstedt scape goat thing is an over-exaggeration. The problem with the Bills defense is not the defensive coordinator. We have the wrong player personnel to run a Wannstedt defense properly. Since Gailey took over as head coach, this team has struggled to figure out what type of defense it wants to run. So the player personnel has become a reflection of that. That's why it's a mess. Gailey's head coaching focus on offense only strategy is why this team is failing. JMO
              No

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

I'm still reminded of this quote from Vic Carucci about the coaching search of 2009:

"This is his (Wilson's) last coach and (he) is going to do everything it takes to get it right," the insider told Carucci.
                He got it so wrong that he's going to outlive his choice.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• gebobs
                  One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Fixxxer View Post
                  I don't understand the Houston Texans point. Aren't you comparing the Bills favorably to the Houston Texans situation? With how you worded that parragraph I get that you are endorsing Chan's work on offense and that he only needs a competent playcaller on defense.
                  What he's saying is that these are the reasons he hears for keeping Gailey, not that he agrees with them.

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                  I disagree on every reason except for Ralph being old.
                  Good. They're all awful reasons and that's the point of the article.
                  Last edited by gebobs; 11-09-2012, 11:31 AM.
                  Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

5 reasons to fire Chan at the end of the season: The 5 wins the 2012 Buffalo Bills totaled vs the 11 losses.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Fixxxer View Post
                      These are just excuses as to why they wont fire him. They can use the Texans as a way of saying "See what happens when you are patient and you dont fire coaches?"

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                        • Apr 2012

Bills podcast and Sunday's staff predictions

Joe: 52-21, Pats: The 2nd time around against the Pats normally means a blow out. The Bills have lost by an average of 22 points when they meet the Pats the 2nd time. The secondary -which has been a disaster- is now battling injuries. Leodis McKelvin as your 2nd corner? Shoot me. In their last 3 meetings, the Pats have had a WR or a RB go over 100 yards eight times.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Re: Bills podcast and Sunday's staff predictions

21 points is pretty generous.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

When the team is something like 4-18 within the division during Gaileys tenure, saying "Stay the course" sinks like a stone.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                              • Apr 2012

How ****ty the Bills are against the Pats

Indeed, I couldn't escape the feeling that the Patriots seem to let the Bills hang around in the first game of the season (and sometimes, the Bills may even win! Gasp!), but in the second matchup the gloves are off and we're gonna get stomped.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                                • Apr 2012

My ****ty Bills/Pats recap

"I had given up on this stupid team going into this game and was expecting a blowout. Yet, they gave a valiant effort. To channel Whitney Houston, I really wanted to believe for one stupid moment in time that they were going to score on the last drive. I actually had the audacity to believe in them. Silly me.

The Pats are just better. Great teams like them always find ways to win while losing teams like the Bills find ways to lose (See: Penalties, throwing too much, turnovers, dropping interceptions and defense sucks). It is as simple as that. I just wish it was simple for me to get over losses like these. You'd think after so many heart-breakers, it would be."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍