Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: next season - Mark Sanchez

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: next season - Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The problem, the real problem, with Matt More is that he will give this HOMER fan base another shot in the arm. He will be good enough, and show enough to make some think that the Bills have found a QB. Of course 3 years later the Fans and the FO will realize what it took the Dolphins realized in 3mo, that he is NOT a Franchise QB and that the Bills just waisted 3years.

Best Option is to DRAFT a QB and take your shot there. QB is by far the most important position, I would completely focus on that. IF a good QB is available draft, and see how he plays. If good, move forward, if not draft another QB.
    Well, if the Bills sign Moore, I would like to see the draft a QB as well & keep drafting one until someone pans out.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the point is this: There are no franchise QB's that are available right now. Stick with Fitz, trade for/sign Sanchez, Vick, Moore, Rivers.... it doesn't matter. None of these guys are anything more than a stopgap solution until we can find a franchise QB.

Of course, the next logical question: is there a legitimate franchise QB in this draft, and if so, will the Bills be able to get a high enough draft pick to take him? I don't know the answer to that- if I did, I'd probably be working for an NFL team. But this isn't looking like a very good QB class. There is no Luck or RGIII this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

in a perfect world, all three bills qb's with the possible exception of fitz are not on next year's roster. and fitz isn't even given a sniff at starting. he literally is your insurance position. and he will groom his knowledge of this so called impossible playbook because we are paying him an exorbinant sum to be a backup.

last year was the year to suck. you had two shots to just fall into two good qb's, but we were busy beating the broncos and in retrospect the freaking raiders and patriots. take those three wins out and we most likely get RGIII...though i can't really remember how st louis got the number 2 pick. did they have 2 or 3 wins?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    in a perfect world, all three bills qb's with the possible exception of fitz are not on next year's roster. and fitz isn't even given a sniff at starting. he literally is your insurance position. and he will groom his knowledge of this so called impossible playbook because we are paying him an exorbinant sum to be a backup.

last year was the year to suck. you had two shots to just fall into two good qb's, but we were busy beating the broncos and in retrospect the freaking raiders and patriots. take those three wins out and we most likely get RGIII...though i can't really remember how st louis got the number 2 pick. did they have 2 or 3 wins?
    St. Louis is just pitiful. They had their run 10 or so years ago with the Greatest Show on Turf, but since then they've been drafting at or near the top of the draft every year, and they STILL suck. They've had some success more recently than we have, but they are probably the only team in the league that's as badly mismanaged as we are.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    St. Louis is just pitiful. They had their run 10 or so years ago with the Greatest Show on Turf, but since then they've been drafting at or near the top of the draft every year, and they STILL suck. They've had some success more recently than we have, but they are probably the only team in the league that's as badly mismanaged as we are.
    but they eventually got a new owner. we are still looking.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21 View Post
    It doesn't mean that you just keep a lame career losing coach around because several years ago nobody wanted the job. I'm sure there were many coordinators striving to be a HC that would've taken the job.

So does that mean we just keep Gailey until he decides he doesn't want to coach anymore? If he sucks then you don't keep him around..PERIOD. You go out and try and find that coordinator that might be able to turn into a good HC. Every coach was a coordinator at some point in their career. If you have to then you go out and try to find a college coach who wants to coach in the NFL or even a young successful positional coach that is on the verge of becoming a coordinator. You never stick with a proven loser though. If that's the case then you might as well throw in the towel every year.

Unfortunately our GM and FO is always the cheapest ones available out of the bunch so they're never good at spotting the right talent within the assistant coaching ranks. It doesn't mean that you still don't try when you have a proven dud and just stick with the same old proven loser.

If you were turned down by every girl in the bar that you tried with one weekend does that mean that you just say the hell with it and don't try again? If you were turned down by some bank for a car or house loan does that mean that you don't try again and you just stick with your bicycle and one room apartment? If you applied for tons of jobs and never got a call back does that mean you say the hell with it and never try to find a better job or a job at all until years later? Of course not and it's the same concept as far as HC's go.
    not really my point, and i may have written it poorly. i agree the bills don't ever find the right man for this gig and a lot has to do with money. they refuse to spend a lot on front office and then go on the cheap (or cheaper) on players because the coaches get the most out of everyone.

that being said, i think that gailey has done a good job on offense and that hte problems they have is that fitz has regressed badly. i honestly think a regular game manager could have gotten this team into the playoffs. i think the bills could have relied more on the run knowing that they could hit a couple out patterns and deep balls to keep the box from being crowded. but he doesn't get that.

plus team is efficient in redzone. i like gailey in a coordinator position and i think if the bills could woo cowher, someone gailey i think would accept being demoted underneath, the team has a chance to keep continuity and improve.

if the bills start over with new coach, and they have this front office picking, it's got more chances to fail and it will require three years to figure that out.

but like i said, i just hate where this team is right now. not bad enough to really be able to start over and not good enough to even dream about being competitive.

7. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I don't know all that much about Sanchez. I know when Buffalo has played the Jets, more often than not Sanchez has outplayed Fitz. As far as his intelligence is concerned, I just don't know. I think he is more accurate than Fitz. I think I could accept Buffalo signing him as a free agent, but not trading for him, as long as it is part of a two step plan. The other step is to draft a QB in the first or second round of the 2013 draft to be groomed as the eventual starter. My reasoning is that appart from the first two QBs in the draft, it's not likely any other QB is going to be ready to be a first day starter, and I don't see Buffalo getting one of the first two off the board. Bottom line is Sanchez would be an interim starter, though he'd have the chance to compete if he's better than advertized.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

9. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-01-2012)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    Well, I don't know all that much about Sanchez. I know when Buffalo has played the Jets, more often than not Sanchez has outplayed Fitz. As far as his intelligence is concerned, I just don't know. I think he is more accurate than Fitz. I think I could accept Buffalo signing him as a free agent, but not trading for him, as long as it is part of a two step plan. The other step is to draft a QB in the first or second round of the 2013 draft to be groomed as the eventual starter. My reasoning is that appart from the first two QBs in the draft, it's not likely any other QB is going to be ready to be a first day starter, and I don't see Buffalo getting one of the first two off the board. Bottom line is Sanchez would be an interim starter, though he'd have the chance to compete if he's better than advertized.
    Sanchez has looked better than Fitz in our games because Sanchez gets to play the Bills D while Fitz has to throw on Cromartie and Revis.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Sanchez has looked better than Fitz in our games because Sanchez gets to play the Bills D while Fitz has to throw on Cromartie and Revis.
    That's entirely possible, but I've also seen Fitz miss on a lot of passes this season where the wide receiver was open.

12. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,948 Times in 3,500 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    i'm not sold on the move either, but i think he's a buy low asset at this point.
    I think he's buy low because he STINKS

Thanks
    Thanked 5,948 Times in 3,500 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post

It's a ridiculous comparison anyway. It's like "which smells worse dog **** or cow ****"? Does it really matter?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sanchez is better than Fitz in every way you can think of.

He's still not good enough to get you to the Championship level though even if he's won in the playoffs.

Bringing him in on a 2 or 3 year deal where he starts and then tutors a drafted guy isn't a bad idea.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How exactly do we get better by starting someone else' garbage?

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This upcoming draft will have at least 5 QB's drafted in Round 1 and we'll be one of those teams selecting one.

Any failing Vet can go play somewhere else.