View Poll Results: What are your TOP 2 Draft Clases?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2008

    6 33.33%
  • 2009

    1 5.56%
  • 2010

    0 0%
  • 2011

    4 22.22%
  • 2012

    15 83.33%
  • 2013

    1 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: 2013 QB Class

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    7,963
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28
    ZoneBux
    119,918.91
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    119,918.91
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkdogg32 View Post
    Oh sorry, didnt realize this was a personal matter. You and Mike must be "close".
    What do you mean by "close", child? I don't know this "Mike" you refer to. Please educate all us posters.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-02-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    "Thanks for printing the article on the Kentucky Labor Cabinet employees shoveling snow (“Office workers to shovel snow” Nov. 22). At first glance, I thought they were actually helping until I read the quote by Kentucky Association of State Employees President David Smith. He admits he is 42 and should not be shoveling snow, nor should cabinet employees because they have not been properly trained.

    You need to be ‘trained’ to shovel snow? Really?

    Trained to do what...scoop, dump, repeat? It is this mentality that explains what is wrong in Frankfort. Perhaps Smith wants the government to hire $30 per hour “snow shovel technicians” so he can take a cut of their
    union dues? - Letter to the Editor, Cincinnati Enquirer, 11/23/14

    Laus Deo.

  2. #22
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    26,665
    Thanks
    816
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 904 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    ZoneBux
    146,507.79
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    146,507.79
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    How would you rate the last few drafts compared to 2012 QB Class:

    2008: Ryan, Flacco, Brohm, Henne, Flynn,
    2009: Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman
    2010: Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Clausen
    2011: Newton, Ponder, Locker, Gabbert, Dalton, Mallet
    2012: Luck, RG3, Tenehill, Wilson, Weeden

    VS:

    2013: Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, Logan Thomas, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray (J),
    This whole class has such questionable decision making. I find myself liking 2nd or even 3rd rounders better than the top guys.


  3. #23
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    26,665
    Thanks
    816
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 904 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    ZoneBux
    146,507.79
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    146,507.79
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    I think people are underrating this year's draft class. Which is strange because usually they are overrated compared to the previous years'. Take Matt Barkley. He's a 4 year starter with a 2.5:1 TD/Int ratio, a >62% completion % in a pro style offense, and he set the passing TD record at a school that has produced multiple Heisman winners. And he might be the third QB off the board. In 2011 people were talking themselves into taking Blaine Gabbert, who completely and obviously sucked. I'm confident we can find a winner this year, whether that be Manuel, Barkley, chasing Smith, etc.
    Really? You've got the final answer on Gabbert after a total of one and less than a half years? How did Brees look in his first few years?

  4. #24
    Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The American Riviera, CA
    Posts
    5,772
    Thanks
    2,286
    Thanked 3,784 Times in 2,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    15
    ZoneBux
    172,912.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    172,912.31
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Really? You've got the final answer on Gabbert after a total of one and less than a half years? How did Brees look in his first few years?
    Yes, I do. Brees at least had some success to look back upon at Purdue, back when the Big 10 was actually good. Gabbert, however, looked horrendous in a wide-open Mizzou spread that made Brad Smith and Chase Daniels look like Heisman candidates. 16 TDs/9 ints as a Big XII spread QB?! The guy was horrid in college, but he's big and strong and draftniks needed a 3rd QB to hype. So suddenly he went from a marginal QB to a possible franchise QB? C'mon. He's a 3rd-5th round prospect who got hilariously overdrafted and it shows every sunday.

    Taking the dog for a walk.

    Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

  5. #25
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    26,665
    Thanks
    816
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 904 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    ZoneBux
    146,507.79
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    146,507.79
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Yes, I do. Brees at least had some success to look back upon at Purdue, back when the Big 10 was actually good. Gabbert, however, looked horrendous in a wide-open Mizzou spread that made Brad Smith and Chase Daniels look like Heisman candidates. 16 TDs/9 ints as a Big XII spread QB?! The guy was horrid in college, but he's big and strong and draftniks needed a 3rd QB to hype. So suddenly he went from a marginal QB to a possible franchise QB? C'mon. He's a 3rd-5th round prospect who got hilariously overdrafted and it shows every sunday.
    SMITH CAREER PASSING STATISTICS
    G-GS Co.-Att. Pct. Yds. TDs INTs Rating
    2002 12-12 196-366 53.6% 2,333 15 6 117.34
    2003 13-13 211-350 60.3% 1,977 11 7 114.11
    2004 11-11 191-369 51.8% 2,185 17 11 110.74
    2005 12-12 237-399 59.4% 2,304 13 9 114.14
    Totals 48-48 835-1,484 56.3% 8,799 56 33 114.10


    DANIEL CAREER STATISTICS
    PASSING RUSHING
    G-GS Comp.-Att. Pct. Yds. TDs INTs Rating Att. Yds. Avg. TD Long
    2005 10-0 38-66 57.6% 347 1 2 100.68 39 57 1.5 1 8
    2006 13-13 287-452 63.5% 3,527 28 10 145.06 147 379 2.3 4 25
    2007 13-13 372-534 69.7% 4,170 33 10 151.90 104 284 2.7 4 39
    Totals 36-26 697-1,052 66.3% 8,044 62 22 145.75 290 720 2.5 9 39


    BLAINE GABBERT STATS Passing Rushing
    Statistics Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rating Att Yds Avg TD
    2010 475 301 63.4 3,186 16 9 127.0 112 232 2.1 5
    2009 445 262 58.9 3,593 24 9 140.5 103 204 2.0 3
    2008 13 5 38.5 43 0 0 66.2 6 22 3.7 0
    Career 933 568 60.9 6,822 40 18 132.6 221 458 2.1 8

    So I can see an argument for Daniel but Smith? Really? Anyone who watched him knows he was far from horrid. In fact he was good enough to have a NFL front office draft him high in the first round. Yet Smith and Daniel went 4th round and undrafted respectively. Must be you knew something that 32 teams didn't.

    No QB prospect should be judged after only one season.

  6. #26
    Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The American Riviera, CA
    Posts
    5,772
    Thanks
    2,286
    Thanked 3,784 Times in 2,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    15
    ZoneBux
    172,912.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    172,912.31
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    but barkley doesn't win the big games...he strikes me as anything USC has produced the last 10 years or so.

    I don't like that the big names this year have all won nothing and tend to choke in the big game.
    Peyton Manning could never beat Florida. Meanwhile, if not for a pass interference penalty, Ken Dorsey would have multiple national titles. I think the big game argument could be overstated. That said, remember that USC has been post-season ineligible since 2010. If not for that, Barkley would have had a shot at the Pac12 title last year against an Oregon team they had already beaten.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    2,458
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 400 Times in 244 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    61,920.56
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    61,920.56
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    Play nice.

    I'm just as annoyed by the constant "look how the Bills screwed up" threads, but there's no rules being broken here. If you don't like it, don't read it, don't respond.
    This is NOT a look at how the Bills screwed up thread. No where do I mention the Bills.

    This is a Genuine question: How does this Draft Class comare to the others? I dont watch college football so I only have draft knowledgable fans I can ask. How would you stack them up.
    Please Make Sense

  8. #28
    Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The American Riviera, CA
    Posts
    5,772
    Thanks
    2,286
    Thanked 3,784 Times in 2,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    15
    ZoneBux
    172,912.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    172,912.31
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    SMITH CAREER PASSING STATISTICS
    G-GS Co.-Att. Pct. Yds. TDs INTs Rating
    2002 12-12 196-366 53.6% 2,333 15 6 117.34
    2003 13-13 211-350 60.3% 1,977 11 7 114.11
    2004 11-11 191-369 51.8% 2,185 17 11 110.74
    2005 12-12 237-399 59.4% 2,304 13 9 114.14
    Totals 48-48 835-1,484 56.3% 8,799 56 33 114.10


    DANIEL CAREER STATISTICS
    PASSING RUSHING
    G-GS Comp.-Att. Pct. Yds. TDs INTs Rating Att. Yds. Avg. TD Long
    2005 10-0 38-66 57.6% 347 1 2 100.68 39 57 1.5 1 8
    2006 13-13 287-452 63.5% 3,527 28 10 145.06 147 379 2.3 4 25
    2007 13-13 372-534 69.7% 4,170 33 10 151.90 104 284 2.7 4 39
    Totals 36-26 697-1,052 66.3% 8,044 62 22 145.75 290 720 2.5 9 39


    BLAINE GABBERT STATS Passing Rushing
    Statistics Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rating Att Yds Avg TD
    2010 475 301 63.4 3,186 16 9 127.0 112 232 2.1 5
    2009 445 262 58.9 3,593 24 9 140.5 103 204 2.0 3
    2008 13 5 38.5 43 0 0 66.2 6 22 3.7 0
    Career 933 568 60.9 6,822 40 18 132.6 221 458 2.1 8

    So I can see an argument for Daniel but Smith? Really?
    Well, you conveniently left off Smith's 4200 rushing yards and 45 rushing TDs. That does change the picture slightly.

    Anyone who watched him knows he was far from horrid. In fact he was good enough to have a NFL front office draft him high in the first round. Yet Smith and Daniel went 4th round and undrafted respectively. Must be you knew something that 32 teams didn't.

    No QB prospect should be judged after only one season.
    I did watch him. I follow Colorado so I used to watch lot of Big XII football. He was mediocre in a system that lets unimpressive QBs put up video game numbers. McShay got one look at him throwing passes in shorts with no pass rush and fell in love with his build. But he's got terrible pocket awareness and can't read defenses.

    I always love the "Oh you must be SO much smarter than the paid professionals" line. Highly paid professionals gave JaMarcus Russell $40 million dollars. They can and do make mistakes and overrate themselves.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,065
    Thanks
    7,036
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 1,846 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    46
    ZoneBux
    120,746.48
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    120,746.48
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    I voted 2009 as one of the best 2. Yeah, I know it wasn't, but the Bucs drafted Freeman so it was a GREAT draft for Bucs fans.

  10. #30
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    26,665
    Thanks
    816
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 904 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    ZoneBux
    146,507.79
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    146,507.79
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Well, you conveniently left off Smith's 4200 rushing yards and 45 rushing TDs. That does change the picture slightly.



    I did watch him. I follow Colorado so I used to watch lot of Big XII football. He was mediocre in a system that lets unimpressive QBs put up video game numbers. McShay got one look at him throwing passes in shorts with no pass rush and fell in love with his build. But he's got terrible pocket awareness and can't read defenses.

    I always love the "Oh you must be SO much smarter than the paid professionals" line. Highly paid professionals gave JaMarcus Russell $40 million dollars. They can and do make mistakes and overrate themselves.
    ANY prospect could be a mistake. No one has the final answer on Gabbert yet. No one. It's so easy to slam a player after a bad first year. It's a hell of a lot harder to look past it and admit that they still could become good.

  11. #31
    Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The American Riviera, CA
    Posts
    5,772
    Thanks
    2,286
    Thanked 3,784 Times in 2,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    15
    ZoneBux
    172,912.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    172,912.31
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    ANY prospect could be a mistake. No one has the final answer on Gabbert yet. No one. It's so easy to slam a player after a bad first year. It's a hell of a lot harder to look past it and admit that they still could become good.
    Based on...? Having been good in the past isn't a guarantee of future success (Why hello there, Tim Tebow), but the lack of past success is a huge indicator. How many QBs are as mediocre as Gabbert in college and amount to anything in the NFL? If he couldn't get it done against Big XII defenses, NFL defenses are gonna stomp him. And they have. And they will continue to.

  12. #32
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    43,519
    Thanks
    5,135
    Thanked 5,018 Times in 2,787 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    131
    ZoneBux
    189,611.25
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    189,611.25
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    I'm not impressed with Smith or Barkley.

    Long you live and high you fly And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry And all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be.

  13. #33
    Registered User gr8slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    20,496
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 344 Times in 195 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    66
    ZoneBux
    36,204.19
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    36,204.19
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Give me 2012, with 2011 being a close 2nd.

  14. #34
    Registered User MikeInRoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    9,705
    Thanks
    631
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    38
    ZoneBux
    57,379.41
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    57,379.41
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
    We will. But will it be the right one? Will we move up to get the right one if need be? We cannot have "I don't want to give up a pick to move up 2 spots so I'll blow the next 5 years + by taking JP ****ing Losman"
    Dumb. The Bills didn't have the option to move up 2 spots.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

    "Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

  15. #35
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    26,665
    Thanks
    816
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 904 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    ZoneBux
    146,507.79
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    146,507.79
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Based on...? Having been good in the past isn't a guarantee of future success (Why hello there, Tim Tebow), but the lack of past success is a huge indicator. How many QBs are as mediocre as Gabbert in college and amount to anything in the NFL? If he couldn't get it done against Big XII defenses, NFL defenses are gonna stomp him. And they have. And they will continue to.
    Please find where I made that claim. I'm not making emphatic statements. Because I know that quite often leads to being wrong.

  16. #36
    Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The American Riviera, CA
    Posts
    5,772
    Thanks
    2,286
    Thanked 3,784 Times in 2,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    15
    ZoneBux
    172,912.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    172,912.31
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Please find where I made that claim. I'm not making emphatic statements. Because I know that quite often leads to being wrong.
    I didn't say that you did. I was explaining my conclusion.

  17. #37
    Hall of Fame Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,353
    Thanks
    5,913
    Thanked 3,635 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    74,250.41
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    74,250.41
    Donate

    Re: 2013 QB Class

    Draft a quarterback?

    i thought you said cornerback?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •