View Poll Results: What are your TOP 2 Draft Clases?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll

6 33.33%

1 5.56%

0 0%

4 22.22%

15 83.33%

1 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 QB Class

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

2013 QB Class

How would you rate the last few drafts compared to 2012 QB Class:

2008: Ryan, Flacco, Brohm, Henne, Flynn,
    2009: Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman
    2010: Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Clausen
    2011: Newton, Ponder, Locker, Gabbert, Dalton, Mallet
    2012: Luck, RG3, Tenehill, Wilson, Weeden

VS:

2013: Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, Logan Thomas, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray (J),
    Please Make Sense

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2013 QB Class

Remember to Compare them as PROSPECTS to each other. Who are the Best Prospects?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

'11 and '12... which makes passing on a QB the past two years that much harder to swallow (although many of those guys were gone when we picked anyway). Throw EJ into '13 and it has a chance to be as good as the rest of what's left, and possibly '11. '12 is in a league of its own.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It just doesn't stop with Mike does it? This isn't Bills related, so please transfer yet another Mike thread to the spam zone or the NFL board. Mike: "uh Brohm was a Bi..." Shut up. Stop making threads Mitchell.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    It just doesn't stop with Mike does it? This isn't Bills related, so please transfer yet another Mike thread to the spam zone or the NFL board. Mike: "uh Brohm was a Bi..." Shut up. Stop making threads Mitchell.
    Buzz off. You want to censor one member, look out - you could be the next one. Don't try to urge that folks be shut up. Confine your personal attacks to your immediate family.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-01-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Buzz off. You want to censor one member, look out - you could be the next one. Don't try to urge that folks be shut up. Confine your personal attacks to your immediate family.
    And if I was going against the ToS, rules, or just being a complete moron, I would probably accept the censorship, yet constant trolls thrive here. I think there are many people here who need to be 'censored'. Personal attacks to my family makes absolutely no sense cincy, due to the fact I love my family and wouldn't attack them over menial or unbelievably stupid things such as speculation on quarterbacks in a draft class in a game. If that is how strong you feel about the situation then to each their own, but in my opinion it's insanely sad. I had respect for your opinions, but never bring my immediate family in to an incredibly stupid situation.

If those words were too big for you or if you wanted to clarify, I would gladly let you know. Don't take me as an unintelligent moron sir.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Play nice.

I'm just as annoyed by the constant "look how the Bills screwed up" threads, but there's no rules being broken here. If you don't like it, don't read it, don't respond.

8. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (11-02-2012)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    And if I was going against the ToS, rules, or just being a complete moron, I would probably accept the censorship, yet constant trolls thrive here. I think there are many people here who need to be 'censored'. Personal attacks to my family makes absolutely no sense cincy, due to the fact I love my family and wouldn't attack them over menial or unbelievably stupid things such as speculation on quarterbacks in a draft class in a game. If that is how strong you feel about the situation then to each their own, but in my opinion it's insanely sad. I had respect for your opinions, but never bring my immediate family in to an incredibly stupid situation.

If those words were too big for you or if you wanted to clarify, I would gladly let you know. Don't take me as an unintelligent moron sir.

I don't take you as a moron. I read and enjoy your postings. I know many big words and I don't require your clarifcation, believe me. Don't add snippy to your CV.

You bad mouthed a legit poster. Which is why I suggested keeping such within one's own circle. But you didn't get the gist of the jibe. Just a knee-jerk reaction sans appreciation of nuance.

Best we both let this kerfuffle fade away. Agreed?
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-01-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't take you as a moron. I read and enjoy your postings. I know many big words and I don't require your clarifcation, believe me. Don't add snippy to your CV.

You bad mouthed a legit poster. Which is why I suggested keeping such within one's own circle. But you didn't get the gist of the jibe. Just a knee-jerk reaction sans appreciation of nuance.

Best we both let this kerfuffle fade away. Agreed?
    You obviously have low standards for "legit posters", although im not surprised from someone who thinks that because they "know many big words" and then uses words such as kerfuffle as though they are more gramatically skilled than everyone else.
    Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 11-02-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tannehill not Tenehill

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66 View Post
    Tannehill not Tenehill
    It really doesn't matter.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

13. Post thanked by:

Night Train (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

yeah...it does

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66 View Post
    yeah...it does
    No it doesn't. Just look around at the previous posts, it doesn't matter one bit.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think people are underrating this year's draft class. Which is strange because usually they are overrated compared to the previous years'. Take Matt Barkley. He's a 4 year starter with a 2.5:1 TD/Int ratio, a >62% completion % in a pro style offense, and he set the passing TD record at a school that has produced multiple Heisman winners. And he might be the third QB off the board. In 2011 people were talking themselves into taking Blaine Gabbert, who completely and obviously sucked. I'm confident we can find a winner this year, whether that be Manuel, Barkley, chasing Smith, etc.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    I'm confident we can find a winner this year, whether that be Manuel, Barkley, chasing Smith, etc.
    Let's just hope we're smart enough to take a QB early.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,899 Times in 3,465 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    Let's just hope we're smart enough to take a QB early.
    We will. But will it be the right one? Will we move up to get the right one if need be? We cannot have "I don't want to give up a pick to move up 2 spots so I'll blow the next 5 years + by taking JP ****ing Losman"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,899 Times in 3,465 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In 2011 people were talking themselves into taking Blaine Gabbert, who completely and obviously sucked.
    You have to give Buddy credit for seeing that, not everyone did. I could tell as soon as I saw Gabbert interview with Gruden that was a soft pretty boy. To play in the elements of Buffalo you need an arm but more than that you need to be a tough guy. I honestly believe Drew Bledsoe was that kind of guy and if Donahoe had done even a fair job of putting a line in front of him he would have been great here. He started off that way before he got beaten into submission. I want no part of any soft USC QB.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdogg32 View Post
    You obviously have low standards for "legit posters", although im not surprised from someone who thinks that because they "know many big words" and then uses words such as kerfuffle as though they are more gramatically skilled than everyone else.
    Mind your own business.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think people are underrating this year's draft class. Which is strange because usually they are overrated compared to the previous years'. Take Matt Barkley. He's a 4 year starter with a 2.5:1 TD/Int ratio, a >62% completion % in a pro style offense, and he set the passing TD record at a school that has produced multiple Heisman winners. And he might be the third QB off the board. In 2011 people were talking themselves into taking Blaine Gabbert, who completely and obviously sucked. I'm confident we can find a winner this year, whether that be Manuel, Barkley, chasing Smith, etc.
    but barkley doesn't win the big games...he strikes me as anything USC has produced the last 10 years or so.

I don't like that the big names this year have all won nothing and tend to choke in the big game.

Call me crazy, but i still think Optimus Klein is someone since he's dealing with the pressure and they are winning. i admittedly don't know a lot about the qb class, but from the games i've watched, bray looks good because he throws accurately but they aren't winning big time matchups.

r wilson wasn't an amazing prospect but he carries a swagger and changed that teams offense quickly.

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mind your own business.
    Oh sorry, didnt realize this was a personal matter. You and Mike must be "close".