X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: Mario Williams begged another team to offer him less than the Bills did

It underscores nothing because it's false.

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
      It was reported that the Titans really wanted Mario & that was brought up again just before the Bills Titans game.
      If Peyton Manning hadn't hit free agency Mario Williams would probably be a Titan. Because Manning took as long as he did to decide where he wanted to play, it took Tennessee out of the running for Mario.

Why would Buffalo be Mario Williams first choice? The main reason he's here is because the Bills overpaid. Buffalo would have never been his first choice if all thing were equal. I don't blame Nix for making the move because he was the premier free agent at our biggest position of need, but our only chance of landing him was overpaying and that's what the Bills had to do.

I really hope the wrist surgery makes a difference and Mario ends up being that difference maker we were all hoping for, but it would be completely naive to believe that Mario Williams had the Buffalo Bills at the top of his list when it became a reality that the Texans couldn't re-sign him.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
        It underscores nothing because it's false.
        Cry more.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
          • Jan 2010

If its tweeted it must be true

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

C'mon. If Mario didn't want to come to Buffalo he surely didn't have to.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

This thread is making Hurkey look half way intelligent & reasonable, which means it's wrong.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

He does do multiple impressions so he must know what he is talking about.

Lance is known for his multiple personalities and ADD that create the various characters present in the 790 AM shows. Namely:
                • SEC Guy, Dr. Karol Kenton Kogslotter
                • Communist News Network Spokesperson
                • Tony "The Hatchet Man" Valentine
                • Bernie "The Wolf" Wolfson

Lance also performs impressions of sports personalities. Examples include:

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  If Peyton Manning hadn't hit free agency Mario Williams would probably be a Titan. Because Manning took as long as he did to decide where he wanted to play, it took Tennessee out of the running for Mario.

Why would Buffalo be Mario Williams first choice? The main reason he's here is because the Bills overpaid. Buffalo would have never been his first choice if all thing were equal. I don't blame Nix for making the move because he was the premier free agent at our biggest position of need, but our only chance of landing him was overpaying and that's what the Bills had to do.

I really hope the wrist surgery makes a difference and Mario ends up being that difference maker we were all hoping for, but it would be completely naive to believe that Mario Williams had the Buffalo Bills at the top of his list when it became a reality that the Texans couldn't re-sign him.
                  Well, if Mario REALLY wanted to play in Nashville, he just had to wait a few days. Manning signed with Denver shortly after Mario signed with the Bills. There was plenty of time for Mario to sign with the Titans or any other team if he did not want to be in Buffalo.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I think a lot of you are misreading this.

The guy is talking about one specific NFL GM/team. It sounds to me like there was one particular team that Mario was begging to play for, and that team either didn't want him, or couldn't afford him under the cap even if they paid him less than what Buffalo offered. It wasn't him begging every other team to make him an offer and no one did except Buffalo. It was him wanting to play in one specific place.

If that's the case, then I don't blame him. If I were good enough to play in the NFL, I'd definitely prefer to play for some teams rather than others.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

The guy is talking about one specific NFL GM/team. It sounds to me like there was one particular team that Mario was begging to play for, and that team either didn't want him, or couldn't afford him under the cap even if they paid him less than what Buffalo offered. It wasn't him begging every other team to make him an offer and no one did except Buffalo. It was him wanting to play in one specific place.

If that's the case, then I don't blame him. If I were good enough to play in the NFL, I'd definitely prefer to play for some teams rather than others.
                      Well, according to the Houston Chronicle, that particular team, was the Houston Texans & I agree with you Op it is understandable a guy would like to stay where he was drafted & played his entire career up to that point.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

Pffft, why don't you and your logic find a different thread to post in.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                          • Dec 2008

Really Opiv, using reading comprehension and common sense. you sir, should be banned for setting a bad example!

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Love the all out assault on Mario these days. He's one player and it's not your money.

The contract, not Mario, did wonders for this team. Frankly, I'm fine if we get nothing more than Kelsay play from him. But, I think we will get way more in the long run.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

This is the first time that something like this has ever happened with a high priced free agent... ever.

Comment

• Ed
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                                Well, if Mario REALLY wanted to play in Nashville, he just had to wait a few days. Manning signed with Denver shortly after Mario signed with the Bills. There was plenty of time for Mario to sign with the Titans or any other team if he did not want to be in Buffalo.
                                I don't think he necessarily REALLY wanted to be in Nashville, but if the Titans hadn't entered the Manning sweepstakes, Mario would have likely been their top free agent pursuit and in that situation maybe he decides to visit them first instead of Buffalo and ends up never leaving for any other visits.

Comment

Working...
                                X