Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    According to Lance Zierlein

LOL
    Who gives two ****s about this?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mario Williams begged another team to offer him less than the Bills did

If I were a professional athlete, I'm not, I would rather take half of what Mario fleeced from the Bills for a chance at a winning elsewhere.

Hell, if I was Mario, I woulda done whatever it took to stay in Houston rather than leave.

But ya know that's just me. Sports is supposed to be about competition and winning...some athletes, Mario Williams obviously, are only about the money. Then again if this report is true, maybe he's not completely about the money and other teams just didn't want him.

Although if that's the case, a competitive person would play with a chip on their shoulder like they had something to prove. Mario on the other hand just goes out there like he couldn't even give a crap what happens on the field as long as he can still go count the 0's in his bank account after the game.

I wonder if he and Fitz sit around laughing together going "Holy crap, we suck, this team sucks, but look at all the dam 0000000s these morons pay us." I'm half serious about this statement.

3. Post thanked by:

kingJofNYC (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,911 Times in 5,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    If I were a professional athlete, I'm not, I would rather take half of what Mario fleeced from the Bills for a chance at a winning elsewhere.

Hell, if I was Mario, I woulda done whatever it took to stay in Houston rather than leave.
    do you know what the difference is between $50 million and $100 million?

thats right... $50 million.

anyone who says that they would leave that amount of coin on the table for a "chance of winning elsewhere" is either stupid or lying.

as the saying goes... "When someone says it ain't about the money... guess what?

it's about the money."
    Last edited by coastal; 11-04-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    do you know what the difference is between $50 million and $100 million?

thats right... $50 million.

anyone who says that they would leave that amount of coin on the table for a "chance of winning elsewhere" is either stupid or lying.

as the saying goes... "When someone says it ain't about the money... guess what?

it's about the money."
    When you have that much money, 50 million is like 50 bucks. Seriously what are you gonna buy for 100m that you wouldn't have been able to buy for 50m? Not too mention the fact he already had a big contract before this one and I doubt he was broke before signing his deal here.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    When you have that much money, 50 million is like 50 bucks. Seriously what are you gonna buy for 100m that you wouldn't have been able to buy for 50m? Not too mention the fact he already had a big contract before this one and I doubt he was broke before signing his deal here.
    You aren't seeing the whole picture.
    -First, a $100M contract is not worth a $100m! Its only worth what the signing bonus is. In this case 50M. IF he gets a career ending injury tomorrow, Mario would get cut and keep roughly 50M not a 100M,

-Second, Thus if he Took 50M from another team, most likely the sining bonus would be 25M

-Third, if he was injured he would have 25M for the rest of his life. Most players have dedicated their lives towards developing their football skills at the cost of developing other skills and as a result, most players dont have careers in other highly paid endeavors after football.

-Fourth, his expenses are way higher than the average persons: NFL players have mansions, cars, and piles and piles of debt. His overhead might be 500K/yr. He might be spending 1M/yr. Further, many NFL players help support many members of their family. As a result, he needs the $$$

-Fifth, most pro players have capital heavy investments such as restaurants, etc...

-Sixth, did you know that 78% of NFL players are broke 4years after leaving football??? Those are moster numbers and they include the top played players. Heck Sapp recently filed for bankruptcy. Fact is most of the NFL players do not have the financial education or know how on how to manage large sums of money and often blow it or give it to the wrong managers.

-Seventh, why leave money on the table for an uncertainty? You never know how things will play out. If you were an FA in 1994 and had your choice between the Bills or Rams, left money on the table and chose the Bills so you can win a SB how would you have felt a few years later when the Rams won?
    Please Make Sense

7. Post thanked by:

kingJofNYC (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry I don't feel sorry for someone pissing away 25m and if you're gonna piss away 25m, you're likely gonna piss away 50m.

Get yourself a real financial adviser, you can afford it, and don't go out and buy 20 different cars just because you have more money than you know what to do with.

Again, Mario GOT a huge rookie deal too being the number 1 overall pick. There's 2 huge contracts already.

No sympathy for this guy or any other athletes plight.