• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

NHL Cancels Winter Classic

The NHL has decided to cancel the Winter Classic, which was slated to feature the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs at the University of Michigan's football stadium in Ann Arbor on Jan. 1.

And that is basically the ball game on the whole season.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: NHL Cancels Winter Classic

**** all these *******s.

**** Bettman. **** Fehr.

I'd love to see the owners just ax Bettman and start negotiating over with a new commissioner but it'll never happen.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      **** all these *******s.

**** Bettman. **** Fehr.

I'd love to see the owners just ax Bettman and start negotiating over with a new commissioner but it'll never happen.
      Do they have that power in the middle of the labor dispute? And I dont mean procedurally.
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        Do they have that power in the middle of the labor dispute? And I dont mean procedurally.
        I have no idea. I just want to know how they stick with a guy that's caused 3 labor stoppages.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Slim
          • Apr 2004

This is a ****ing joke.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

This just blows. This is the time of year that we need hockey to distract us from the epic disaster that is Buffalo Bills football.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I don't even miss the NHL. ****'em...If they don't care, why should I? If they do come back, I'm only gettting the NHL Center Ice if its free.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
                I can't believe I'm going to say this but I don't even miss the NHL. ****'em...If they don't care, why should I? If they do come back, I'm only gettting the NHL Center Ice if its free.
                I hear ya to a point. The players and owners have millions of dollars at stake and don't care enough to play. Why should we care when all we get out of it is entertainment and maybe some bragging rights when our team wins? If they do come back, I'm not spending any money on it this year. I usually buy the Sabres St Pat's Day shirt, and I'll skip that, and I usually go to the bar to watch important games, and I'll skip that and just bootleg them like I do for the less important games or if I don't have time to watch the whole thing. The only exception would be if they made the playoffs and the game wasn't on local TV (which does happen because of Bettman and his **** TV contract).

At the same time, I enjoy watching hockey and I miss it. I like the speed of the game. I like the fact that the games are only a few days apart, so if the team screws it up, they don't have to wait a few weeks to try again. I like the marathon season instead of the NFL's 1/3 of the year season. I like the fact that, unlike the Bills, the Sabres are usually competitive. Even when they miss they playoffs, they're usually still in the hunt until the last couple of weeks. I want it back.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

I hear ya to a point. The players and owners have millions of dollars at stake and don't care enough to play. Why should we care when all we get out of it is entertainment and maybe some bragging rights when our team wins? If they do come back, I'm not spending any money on it this year. I usually buy the Sabres St Pat's Day shirt, and I'll skip that, and I usually go to the bar to watch important games, and I'll skip that and just bootleg them like I do for the less important games or if I don't have time to watch the whole thing. The only exception would be if they made the playoffs and the game wasn't on local TV (which does happen because of Bettman and his **** TV contract).

At the same time, I enjoy watching hockey and I miss it. I like the speed of the game. I like the fact that the games are only a few days apart, so if the team screws it up, they don't have to wait a few weeks to try again. I like the marathon season instead of the NFL's 1/3 of the year season. I like the fact that, unlike the Bills, the Sabres are usually competitive. Even when they miss they playoffs, they're usually still in the hunt until the last couple of weeks. I want it back.
                  I hear ya and I'm talking big **** now but when they do come I'll probably going running back to them like a teenage girl who just got their boyfriend back after he screws her over.

Comment

• Slim
                    • Apr 2004

This just blows. This is the time of year that we need hockey to distract us from the epic disaster that is Buffalo Bills football.
                    /Takes another swig of whiskey as I remember we still have 5 more years of Ville Leino.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Slim View Post
                      /Takes another swig of whiskey as I remember we still have 5 more years of Ville Leino.
                      Are contracts suspended during the lockout? If Leino has 5 years and the season gets canceled, does he still have 5 years? Or is he down to 4?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Are contracts suspended during the lockout? If Leino has 5 years and the season gets canceled, does he still have 5 years? Or is he down to 4?
                        If they are playing by the same rules as the NBA and NFL, he'd still have 5.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Slim
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          If they are playing by the same rules as the NBA and NFL, he'd still have 5.
                          /Finishes bottle of whiskey.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Damn, I was going to say that the silver lining could be that we get rid of a year of Leino's contract without a year of watching him play. That would have been nice.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ckg927
                              Not quite Best in the World....
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
                              I hear ya and I'm talking big **** now but when they do come I'll probably going running back to them like a teenage girl who just got their boyfriend back after he screws her over.
                              Then you'll acting just like a battered spouse or significant other, who keeps getting abused but goes back to the person who does it to them.

For God's sake....get some self-respect! If ever there was a time to flip off the NHL, Bettman, the owners and players...NOW IS IT. Hit 'em where it hurts...the wallet!

For me and me along, I'LL decide when I start watching the Sabres again. I'm getting a decent amount of hockey in the interim(and that includes college hockey).
                              Last edited by ckg927; 11-02-2012, 02:58 PM.
                              "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍