• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: NHL Cancels Winter Classic

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
    Then you'll acting just like a battered spouse or significant other, who keeps getting abused but goes back to the person who does it to them.

For God's sake....get some self-respect! If ever there was a time to flip off the NHL, Bettman, the owners and players...NOW IS IT. Hit 'em where it hurts...the wallet!

For me and me along, I'LL decide when I start watching the Sabres again. I'm getting a decent amount of hockey in the interim(and that includes college hockey).
    I'm just the Sabres and NHL's *****. I have no shame.

Comment

• ckg927
      Not quite Best in the World....
      • Aug 2012

(Sorry....#15 should have said "For me and me alone...." )

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
      I'm just the Sabres and NHL's *****. I have no shame.
      S11: Trust me, you can get as much of a charge out of hockey at the AHL level, the OHL or even college hockey. It's MUCH cheaper, and the experience is just as good.

But, to each their own.
      "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
        Then you'll acting just like a battered spouse or significant other, who keeps getting abused but goes back to the person who does it to them.

For God's sake....get some self-respect! If ever there was a time to flip off the NHL, Bettman, the owners and players...NOW IS IT. Hit 'em where it hurts...the wallet!

For me and me along, I'LL decide when I start watching the Sabres again. I'm getting a decent amount of hockey in the interim(and that includes college hockey).
        Umm, we're Bills fans. We are very used to doing that.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ckg927
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Umm, we're Bills fans. We are very used to doing that.
          Well, at least the NFL doesn't lock the players out every....oh, 8 or so years.

And the LAST time it locked any group of people out, that went south very fast.
          "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

the two sides have been talking and more talks are on the immediate horizon. good news.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
              the two sides have been talking and more talks are on the immediate horizon. good news.
              The players in the NHL, based on actual revenue, should be making half of their current salary.

It takes both sides to sink a sports league and plenty of blame for this insane situation. The NHL does NOT have a huge national contract with upfront $$ to justify these salaries. Most teams do operate in the red.

How is this acceptable ? Everyone like paying $70 a ticket for a Tuesday night November game ? The schedule is waaaaaaaay too long. 15 less games per season or you get a bunch of games with players just floating and saving energy.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mski
                • Mar 2006

There is hope that if a deal can be reached by the 15th, they will be able to reinstate the winter classic... and it appears that many reporters have become optimistic over the weekend that a new deal will be reached before then
                RIP Tommy D!
                12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• ckg927
                  • Aug 2012

Well, it looks like the adults have finally decided to negotiate...

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

Drager is stating the NHL has pretty much presented it's final offer yesterday and we should find out today if this is going to threaten the season.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍