Thread: Are we being fair to Fitz?

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Are we being fair to Fitz?

Personally, I want a better QB. I'll say that flat out.

But, is he good enough?

Based on the past few games I'd say hell no. But, his numbers are interesting.

Did you know:

Fitz has thrown less INT's this year (9) than Dalton, Romo, and Rivers? Yet several here have said they would rather have any of those guys over him.

Fitz has a higher passers rating (14th) than Russell Wilson, Stafford, Bradford, Ponder, Newton, Tannehill, Luck, Sanchez.

No, I don't think he's all we need. But, are we calling him crap when really he is simply average?

I've said from day one that I didn't believe we would be a playoff team with him unless we had a stellar D or O. I stand by that. I want a much better option, period.

But, those of you that think he is adequate if we have great players in other areas... do you still feel that way? And how do these stats reflect that?

2. Post thanked by:

sam5767 (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Are we being fair to Fitz?

If you're happy with 6-8 wins a year, Fitz is the man. He's no better than Matt Moore, who is a good backup. The Dolphins recognized this & rolled the dice on Tannehill-a move that's looking pretty good so far. Until the Bills upgrade the QB spot with a potential franchise QB, they're spinning their wheels somewhere around .500. It's so obvious even Buddy Nix is now admitting this.

4. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    If you're happy with 6-8 wins a year, Fitz is the man. He's no better than Matt Moore, who is a good backup. The Dolphins recognized this & rolled the dice on Tannehill-a move that's looking pretty good so far. Until the Bills upgrade the QB spot with a potential franchise QB, they're spinning their wheels somewhere around .500. It's so obvious even Buddy Nix is now admitting this.
    Tannehill has worse numbers though... that's my point. We want to make Tannehill so great but his number don't show it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So you're happy our QB has only the 4th most INT's in football this year? Give me a break. At least Dalton and some of the others are young and will certainly improve. The other guys you have mentioned like Rivers have had many good years in the NFL. Fitz has never been a winning QB in the NFL. Fitzpatrick is just a poor man's Tony Romo which isn't saying much.

And it's not only the INT's. We are so limited on what we can do on offense because his accuracy his horrible especially when trying to throw deep. All he can do is complete short timing passes and hope we get some YAC. That worked early on last year until the defenses caught onto it. Now they just sit short and dare him to try and beat him deep but he can't.

7. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21 View Post
    So you're happy our QB has only the 4th most INT's in football this year? Give me a break. At least Dalton and some of the others are young and will certainly improve. The other guys you have mentioned like Rivers have had many good years in the NFL. Fitz has never been a winning QB in the NFL. Fitzpatrick is just a poor man's Tony Romo which isn't saying much.

And it's not only the INT's. We are so limited on what we can do on offense because his accuracy his horrible especially when trying to throw deep. All he can do is complete short timing passes and hope we get some YAC. That worked early on last year until the defenses caught onto it. Now they just sit short and dare him to try and beat him deep but he can't.
    No I'm not happy with his picks.

Totally agree on the rest.

The question is less about whether he is good enough for us to get to the playoffs and more about him being good enough for those that only needed an average QB.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dumbest thread of the year. So sick of people making excuses for this **** bag quarterback. He should have never been anything but a back up. I mean, seriously, X. Do you even watch the games and watch the throws he can't make? It's absolutely embarrassing.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-03-2012 at 05:08 PM.

10. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Dumbest thread of the year. So sick of people making excuses for this **** bag quarterback. He should have never been anything but a back up. I mean, seriously, X. Do you even watch the games and watch the throws he can't make? It's absolutely embarrassing.
    Please re-read. Did you find me saying he was good enough?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,449 Times in 17,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fitz has played very poorly for most of the season, regardless of his stat line. His accuracy has been horrid, and his decision-making questionable at best.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

13. Post thanked by:

X-Era (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, you're trying to use stats as a reason for why people shouldn't be so hard on this bum. Guess what? His stats are padded by the 2 yard passes to the running back. Occasionally, there are a few miracles per game and he hits a 10 or 15 yard pass. The passes are usually so off target that the receiver has no chance to get any yards after the catch.

Tannehill might have worse stats but he's a rookie. There is so much room for improvement. He will get better and is already making passes that Putzputrid could never even dream of making. Fitzputrid is what he is and will never get better. There shouldn't be a single person in this world that's happy with him as a starting quarterback. So, to answer your questions. Yes, I think everyone is being fair to Fitzputrid. This is his third year of being the starting quarterback, second as the unrivaled starter. He still sucks as bad as he did on the Bengals.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-03-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, you're trying to use stats as a reason for why people shouldn't be so hard on this bum. Guess what? His stats are padded by the 2 yard passes to the running back. Occasionally, there are a few miracles per game and he hits a 10 or 15 yard pass. The passes are usually so off target that the receiver has no chance to get any yards after the catch.

Tannehill might have worse stats but he's a rookie. There is so much room for improvement. He will get better and is already making passes that Putzputrid could never even dream of making. Fitzputrid is what he is and will never get better. There shouldn't be a single person in this world that's happy with him as a starting quarterback. So, to answer your questions. Yes, I think everyone is being fair to Fitzputrid. This is his third year of being the starting quarterback, second as the unrivaled starter. He still sucks as bad as he did on the Bengals.
    I am?

The folks saying Fitz, as an average QB, is good enough should be able to come here and argue that he is. His stats are average. They aren't putrid, they aren't great, they're average. They are better than many that several argue we should trade for or several that we argue are displays of mistakes where we didn't take the young guy.

I feel we need a guy that can win you games. I want a guy a hell of a lot more like Kelly and a hell of a lot less like Dilfer personally. The argument that Fitz was all we needed revolved around the concept that he didn't need to win games for us as long as he didn't lose them for us. All of that was provided that we had a stellar defense or offense. We have neither.

We wanted a guy who was basically irrelevant at QB but then vilify him when he doesn't win games for us? We can't have it both ways. If were fine with an average QB then why is Fitz to blame?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't give a **** about his stats. His play on the field is putrid. Who was ever fine with an average QB at QB?

17. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't give a **** about his stats. His play on the field is putrid. Who was ever fine with an average QB at QB?
    You must not have been watching... Several here on the board.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Only an idiot would be satisfied with an average player at the most important position on the field.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Now we're making excuse threads for a bottom 5 NFL QB?!?

Then again people have been doing it from JP to Edwards too, so it's not surprising.

The dude was a bum, is a bum and will forever continue to be a bum. The sad part is he's worse now than he was a year ago.

He's a 30 year old dude who's regressing.

21. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-03-2012),BillsFever21 (11-03-2012),Luisito23 (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Need to look past the numbers. The system makes him look better then he is. He can't make all the throws, below average accuracy, long release, inconsistent, and just not the guy who will bring the Bills to the next level.

23. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-03-2012),X-Era (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The difference is if you need to win a game in the 4th quarter or need him to make a play in a tight spot he always seems to fail you. Only exception is the Oakland game

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL, X-Era is about the biggest, hardheaded homer I've ever seen.

I still like you X, but man, some of your excuses for this team are straight otta the Twilight Zone.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,970 Times in 15,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hemay have less Ints than Daulton and Ponder, but I bet he leads the league in hitting his running back in the ankles with a screen pass.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    No I'm not happy with his picks.

Totally agree on the rest.

The question is less about whether he is good enough for us to get to the playoffs and more about him being good enough for those that only needed an average QB.
    The Bills fans' culture of mediocrity illustrated.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

28. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Luisito23 View Post
    LOL, X-Era is about the biggest, hardheaded homer I've ever seen.

I still like you X, but man, some of your excuses for this team are straight otta the Twilight Zone.
    Wow are you off base.

Do a search on how I feel about our choices at QB, or passing on one so many times, or not signing solid vets, or the overall talent level and how we seem to think its just fine. I have been here every year clamoring for a high first franchise QB. I remain convinced that only finding one will return us to the SB. I agreed that the Dilfer/Ravens or Brad Johnson/Bucs method can win but as I suspected we would not put together the other pieces for that method to work... And here we are. We need a bonafide franchise guy. Nix has finally publicly acknowledged that and so I'm glad that he has.

This thread is to point out that the average QB that many were just fine with is playing average and now no one thinks its good enough.

I'm far from a homer.
    Last edited by X-Era; 11-04-2012 at 08:40 AM.