Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "At least one more year"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: "At least one more year"

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Well, if you have crappy seats it won't matter, but if you have seats you like, you may not get seats that good again when you want them.
    I don't care if I ever walk in the stadium again. If the Bills don't make the playoffs this year, I'm done buying tickets.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.

2. Post thanked by:

Billz_fan (11-04-2012)

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    I don't care if I ever walk in stadium again if the Bills don't make the playoffs this year.
    Nothing personal but I'm not that worried about whether you buy season tickets or not. Just me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21 View Post
    Damn you must really wear the Bills rose colored glasses or for some reason really love proven failures in the most important spots on an NFL team like GM, HC and QB.

Gailey is a proven loser. He isn't a young first time coach where it might take some time. The dude is 60 years old and was fired after only two years as a HC in the NFL and nobody else wanted to touch him with a 10ft pole after that. He even failed as a college HC after he had to bolt the NFL for another chance. I guess the Bills are smarter then everyone else though. That is why we have one winning season in the past 13 years.

When you know you have a dud you replace it. Waiting another year just for the same results only sets you back one more season. We stuck with Jauron for a 4th year too and how did that work out? Jauron was even more successful then Gailey has been as our HC.

The new choice might not work out but you have to at least try and find an upgrade. Sticking with a proven loser isn't going to get you anywhere. I don't take much stock in the opinion of Buddy Nix anymore either. What has this bum ever done? His drafts in Buffalo have been putrid so far and our team is even worse then it was when he took over. He couldn't even get a GM job until he was 70 years old. That should tell you something there too when nobody else wanted him after all of these decades. Once again I guess the Bills are smarter then everyone else on him too.
    He is? Then why was he a proven winner everywhere (except Samford 5-6) before here? Please do your homework.
    Last edited by X-Era; 11-03-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Nothing personal but I'm not that worried about whether you buy season tickets or not. Just me.
    The Bills' front office will be. I would be willing to bet that there are plenty of long time fans that have had enough of this terrible organization and won't be renewing next year. Unless, by some miracle, the Bills make the playoffs.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-03-2012 at 05:30 PM.

6. Post thanked by:

Billz_fan (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buddy nix apparently sees Gailey being here for years to come to develop the new draft pick. I don't see how all of these clowns aren't fired after the season is done if the Bills finish 7-9 or worse.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-bills-gm-says

Also, in that video they show a play from the San Fran game. You can see that lazy turd Dareus just sit there like a fat slob. I think it's around the 3:15 mark.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-03-2012 at 05:49 PM.

8. Post thanked by:

Billz_fan (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i like gailey hes been getting a fitz led O to score 25 + alot

if he had a real qb and a d watch out

i like chan! i dont agree with his calls 100% of the time but there is no coach in the world i agree with 100%

chan isnt the issue he needs a d coordinator to pair up with

10. Post thanked by:

X-Era (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills' front office will be. I would be willing to bet that there are plenty of long time fans that have had enough of this terrible organization and won't be renewing next year. Unless, by some miracle, the Bills make the playoffs.
    No offense but the Bills aren't worried if you don't buy season tickets.

We still sellout almost every game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I know the Bills don't give a **** about me. There will be plenty of people besides me not renewing season tickets next year if Gailey is still here.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why the Miami game is still not sold out?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I know the Bills don't give a **** about me. There will be plenty of people besides me not renewing season tickets next year if Gailey is still here.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why the Miami game is still not sold out?
    Tell you what. If the Miami game doesn't end up being sold out I'll give you 5K ZB's.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Really? My local channel must have been wrong with all of them blackouts every season. The news media must have also been wrong about not the Miami game still not being sold out as of a couple weeks ago.

If we're having trouble selling out the Miami game then just wait until we're 4-7. Our last 4 home games will probably be blacked out. At least 3 of them. We sure do a great job at selling out our games though lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I'm OK with it...IMO we're only three personnel moves away from getting close...a MLB, a QB and a DC that's not a complete dumbass.
    Getting close to what? .500

Unless the Bills get the next P. Willis and Tom Brady, they WONT be contenders. Even with a Franchise QB and an all star lineup -ala the Colts- they will still need a Top Coach in order to win the Big One otherwise they will turn into the Chargers -tons of talent that goes nowhere. In any case, Chan wont cut it, weather the Bills have a bunch or ****ty players or a bunch of All-Stars, you still need a top caliber coach to win the big one.
    Please Make Sense

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Really? My local channel must have been wrong with all of them blackouts every season. The news media must have also been wrong about not the Miami game still not being sold out as of a couple weeks ago.

If we're having trouble selling out the Miami game then just wait until we're 4-7. Our last 4 home games will probably be blacked out. At least 3 of them. We sure do a great job at selling out our games though lol
    Yes we do.

6 blackouts in the past two years and none this year so far.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...a-7be979bcd88f

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He is? Then why was he a proven winner everywhere (except Samford 5-6) before here? Please do your homework.
    A proven winner everywhere else? Damn you really are blind with them rose colored glasses on. They really have you drinking the Kool-Aid. You probably thought many of are other coaches were good at one point or another too. Lets go back though his coaching career in Division 1 NCAA and professional football. Maybe you should do your homework.

Head Coaching Record with Birmingham Fire of the World League

He went 12-9-1 in two seasons as a HC in the World League. Very tough league so I can see the average record there.

NFL Head Coaching Career Record

Total record of 31-40 as a HC in the NFL. Fired after 2 seasons as a HC in Dallas. Went on to be an OC for two more years before heading to the NCAA because nobody else wanted him as a HC.

NCAA Head Coaching Career Record at Georgia Tech

In six years as HC at Georgia Tech he had a great and successful career record of 44-32. In only one of the six seasons did he win more then 7 games at Georgia Tech. In four of the years he had 5 losses and the other two years he had 6 losses. He was also only 2-3 in Bowl Games and never had a team ranked in the Top 25. He also had one poor season with Samford. Who the hell is Samford? LOL

After getting fired at Georgia Tech for poor performance he went back to the NFL where he spent one year as OC of the Kansas City Chiefs. In his one season with the Chiefs his offense was ranked 24th in yards and 26th in points. He was subsequently fired again after lasting only one year as an OC in his return to the NFL.

He didn't have a job for the 2009 season and then finally after 12 years later the only team who would think about hiring him as a HC was the Bills. Since taking over for the Bills his record in Buffalo is 13-26. He has only lost twice as many games as he has won in Buffalo but that's not too bad.

Conclusion

Maybe you should do your homework. Either that or just block out his history from the homework already provided to you. That is unless you consider 1 winning season out of 5 as a HC in the NFL a success and a career losing record along with losing twice as many games in Buffalo then he has won to this point.

Or maybe you consider 5 and 6 loss seasons and never finishing with a ranked team in the NCAA with Georgia Tech a success. Last time I checked 5 or 6 losses is good in the NFL but not the NCAA.

There is a reason why nobody would even consider him as a HC in the NFL for 10 years until Buffalo came calling. Even while he was commanding all of them great unranked teams with 5 and 6 losses at Georgia Tech there still wasn't anybody in the NFL who wanted him. How many coaching changes were made in 6 seasons while he was there? At least around 25 give or take and nobody wanted him.

If this is what you consider a proven winner everywhere else as a HC then you have very low standards and everyone should disregard any glowing statements you make to defend his illustrious head coaching career. Now if you wish you can go do some more homework into the great head coaching career of Chan Gailey. A sure fire 1st ballot Hall of Fame coach.

18. Post thanked by:

IlluminatusUIUC (11-04-2012),TrEd FTW (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,197 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

These guys are bums. Chan has been losing us games. Coaches don't belong losing games it's hard enough on the players. That people defend them is really entertaining.

20. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-03-2012),Marcala12 (11-04-2012),TrEd FTW (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes we do.

Damn you accept mediocrity pretty damn good. Not only do you accept it you claim it as being successful. These have to be the worse attempts I've seen in a while.

Only six blackouts in the past two years? You consider selling out just over half of our games a success? Yeah that's not very bad at all. We're doing a great job of packing the stadium "almost every game"

As far as this year goes I would sure hope we would sell out the three games that we've had at home so far this season with a great 1-2 record in them games. We will have at least 3 more blackouts this year too if not 4 of them.

You should really quit commenting on this subject. You are making yourself look worse with every post you make trying to defend this junk product on the field. Whether it's our great success of selling out games or Chan Gailey being a proven winner everywhere he has been it hasn't been a good night for your facts.
    Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-03-2012 at 07:46 PM.

22. Post thanked by:

TrEd FTW (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tell you what. If the Miami game doesn't end up being sold out I'll give you 5K ZB's.
    If they don't sell out out the 4th home game of the season which is the first time we have had a home game aired on national television in years that will really be pathetic. I'm almost willing to bet that game sells out unless we get totally killed the next two weeks. Really going out on a limb with this prediction.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by djjimkelly View Post
    i like gailey hes been getting a fitz led O to score 25 + alot

if he had a real qb and a d watch out

i like chan! i dont agree with his calls 100% of the time but there is no coach in the world i agree with 100%

chan isnt the issue he needs a d coordinator to pair up with
    Chan is the one who picked his DC so yeah he created the issue he is currently in. That is part of being a HC. The HC's job is also to oversee the entire "team" and not just the offense or his specialty and then have somebody else on their own in charge of the defense or other unit.

What you just said is a perfect example of why he shouldn't be anything more then an OC and why 30 other NFL teams have thought the same thing after he was fired with the Cowboys and never gave him a HC job.

25. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-03-2012),TrEd FTW (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes we do.

Really? You consider that selling out almost every game? There's only 7 games a year here. It's ****ing pathetic that the games don't sell out. The reason why is because the team always sucks and it's not getting better anytime soon.

27. Post thanked by:

Billz_fan (11-04-2012),TrEd FTW (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Really? You consider that selling out almost every game? There's only 7 games a year here. It's ****ing pathetic that the games don't sell out. The reason why is because the team always sucks and it's not getting better anytime soon.
    You mean selling out 4 of the 7 games at home isn't very good? Damn I thought that was considered a great job at putting fans in the seats. I would've thought it was at least Top 10 in the NFL when it comes to packing the stadium full. If it wasn't for the one game in Toronto then we would only be selling out half of our home games. Yeah we're doing a great job. This guy is losing all credibility with his defense of Gailey, Fitzpatrick, Nix and current state of this sad franchise.

This guy really amazes me. He is on a renegade parade trying to defend a 30 year old QB who has never had a winning season in the NFL and a 60 year old HC who has only had 1 winning season out of 5 in the NFL.

Gailey is one of the oldest HC's in the NFL and may be the oldest and yet he only has one winning season in his career. He is a "proven winner" to X-Era though. He may be the only one who considers him that.

Gailey isn't a young coach and Fitzpatrick isn't a young QB. If they haven't gotten it by now and had some successful seasons then they never will. Most coaches aren't even still coaching in their 60's but X and Buddy Nix thinks that the bulb is finally going to turn on and he will be a successful coach for many years to come.
    Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-03-2012 at 08:10 PM.

29. Post thanked by:

TrEd FTW (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You mean selling out 4 of the 7 games at home isn't very good? Damn I thought that was considered a great job at putting fans in the seats. I would've thought it was at least Top 10 in the NFL when it comes to packing the stadium full. If it wasn't for the one game in Toronto then we would only be selling out half of our home games. Yeah we're doing a great job. This guy is losing all credibility with his defense of Gailey, Fitzpatrick, Nix and current state of this sad franchise.

This guy really amazes me. He is on a renegade parade trying to defend a 30 year old QB who has never had a winning season in the NFL and a 60 year old HC who has only had 1 winning season out of 5 in the NFL.

Gailey is one of the oldest HC's in the NFL and may be the oldest and yet he only has one winning season in his career. He is a "proven winner" to X-Era though. He may be the only one who considers him that.

Gailey isn't a young coach and Fitzpatrick isn't a young QB. If they haven't gotten it by now and had some successful seasons then they never will. Most coaches aren't even still coaching in their 60's but X and Buddy Nix thinks that the bulb is finally going to turn on and he will be a successful coach for many years to come.
    Again, please do your homework. Nice try. Two NFL seasons as a HC before us. One was a winning seasons, one was a .500 season, both were playoff teams. Two seasons with Dallas, both playoff seasons... that's just the NFL and doesn't count his record with Georgia Tech. Not proven loser. That's just the facts.

And, defending a 30 year old QB? Please re-read. Theres a huge difference between saying were not being fair to Fitz and saying Fitz is all we need.
    Last edited by X-Era; 11-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.