Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 93 of 93

Thread: "At least one more year"

  1. #81
    Skoobasaurus-Rex MitchMurrayDowntown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    10,153
    Thanks
    3,427
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    24
    ZoneBux
    2,044.08
    Bank
    2,858,655.03
    Total ZoneBux
    2,860,699.11
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    What would a new coaching staff do worse than what we have now, play .250 ball? I can actually see a coach like Chucky coming in again like he did in Tampa & making us a winner. We have many talented pieces not being used properly, which will help a new coach make immediate improvements.

    Chucky also won with a Fitz like QB, just for the record.

  2. #82
    Registered User BillsFever21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a state located in the USA
    Posts
    9,078
    Thanks
    2,285
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30
    ZoneBux
    3,224.20
    Bank
    572,236.19
    Total ZoneBux
    575,460.39
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    What would a new coaching staff do worse than what we have now, play .250 ball? I can actually see a coach like Chucky coming in again like he did in Tampa & making us a winner. We have many talented pieces not being used properly, which will help a new coach make immediate improvements.

    Chucky also won with a Fitz like QB, just for the record.
    No we need a coach that will "guarantee" us having a better record. We can't find a guarantee so we should stick with Gailey who has proven for years that he is a great coach. I mean we could end up firing him and only going 12-28 over our first 40 games instead of 13-27.

  3. #83
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    26,565
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    ZoneBux
    138,763.54
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    138,763.54
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21 View Post
    LOL. Damn you are something else. It doesn't matter how bad he is here and everywhere else but he had a winning record of 18-16 with Dallas 13 years ago so it's all good. He also didn't win a playoff game with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. Once again a perfect a example of accepting mediocrity as good.

    I guess we should go out and hire Eric Mangini. He made the playoffs too with the Jets. Maybe we can bring Barry Switzer out of retirement since he made the playoffs before too. I'm done with this subject. It's impossible to win with somebody who needs to see a specialist about his concept of football.
    Seriously man. Please stop reading what you want from my posts.

    I would never say his record here doesn't matter. It's the only thing that matters. This whole argument is about whether or not Gailey was a proven loser before he came here. IMO, that's just not true.

    I simply want to see us follow a new path and keep him while we add a few more pieces. If he can't win with a legit QB and a solid defense than screw him, can him.

    But I want to see what this team, with this offense, and with this HC can do with a legit QB at least before we go and blow everything up again. And, IMO, a legit ILB and OLB would do wonders for our defense. I think the scheme must change though as well. The coverage is setup way too soft.


  4. #84
    Registered Sex Offender Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    19,420
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0
    ZoneBux
    76,503.74
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    76,503.74
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Seriously man. Please stop reading what you want from my posts.

    I would never say his record here doesn't matter. It's the only thing that matters. This whole argument is about whether or not Gailey was a proven loser before he came here. IMO, that's just not true.

    I simply want to see us follow a new path and keep him while we add a few more pieces. If he can't win with a legit QB and a solid defense than screw him, can him.

    But I want to see what this team, with this offense, and with this HC can do with a legit QB at least before we go and blow everything up again. And, IMO, a legit ILB and OLB would do wonders for our defense. I think the scheme must change though as well. The coverage is setup way too soft.
    Do you not realize that Gailey has handpicked these garbage DCs who call these pathetic schemes?

    Or do you just simply not care because it doesn't fit your argument?

  5. Post thanked by:

    BillsFever21 (11-04-2012)

  6. #85
    Registered User BillsFever21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a state located in the USA
    Posts
    9,078
    Thanks
    2,285
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30
    ZoneBux
    3,224.20
    Bank
    572,236.19
    Total ZoneBux
    575,460.39
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Seriously man. Please stop reading what you want from my posts.

    I would never say his record here doesn't matter. It's the only thing that matters. This whole argument is about whether or not Gailey was a proven loser before he came here. IMO, that's just not true.

    I simply want to see us follow a new path and keep him while we add a few more pieces. If he can't win with a legit QB and a solid defense than screw him, can him.

    But I want to see what this team, with this offense, and with this HC can do with a legit QB at least before we go and blow everything up again. And, IMO, a legit ILB and OLB would do wonders for our defense. I think the scheme must change though as well. The coverage is setup way too soft.
    He is the one who chose Fitzpatrick to be our starter. He is the one who chose Wanny to be our DC. You were saying?

  7. #86
    Registered User BillsFever21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a state located in the USA
    Posts
    9,078
    Thanks
    2,285
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30
    ZoneBux
    3,224.20
    Bank
    572,236.19
    Total ZoneBux
    575,460.39
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    Do you not realize that Gailey has handpicked these garbage DCs who call these pathetic schemes?

    Or do you just simply not care because it doesn't fit your argument?
    It's useless. It's like talking to a child. He believes Chan is a good HC even though all the evidence proves otherwise. He is losing more credibility with every post he makes to try and defend his insane stance.

  8. #87
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    26,565
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    ZoneBux
    138,763.54
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    138,763.54
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21 View Post
    It's useless. It's like talking to a child. He believes Chan is a good HC even though all the evidence proves otherwise. He is losing more credibility with every post he makes to try and defend his insane stance.
    Easy.

  9. #88
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    26,565
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    ZoneBux
    138,763.54
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    138,763.54
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    Do you not realize that Gailey has handpicked these garbage DCs who call these pathetic schemes?

    Or do you just simply not care because it doesn't fit your argument?
    Yes I do. I'm not a fan of how he has ignored what the defense does by leaving it all up to Wanny. I hope he changes that. I want Wanny replaced with a legit DC.

    He has no other option to Fitz. I hope that changes as well. I'm not so sure he will let Fitz screw up so bad when he has a legit option waiting in the wings. I'm anxious to see that play out.

  10. #89
    Registered Sex Offender Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    19,420
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0
    ZoneBux
    76,503.74
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    76,503.74
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Yes I do. I'm not a fan of how he has ignored what the defense does by leaving it all up to Wanny. I hope he changes that. I want Wanny replaced with a legit DC.

    He has no other option to Fitz. I hope that changes as well. I'm not so sure he will let Fitz screw up so bad when he has a legit option waiting in the wings. I'm anxious to see that play out.
    He does have an option. We traded for a guy. He just refuses to even give TJax a shot. TJax is no worse than Fitz, he may be no better with the cast here but it's possible. Fitz is a failure, everyone should realize that right about now. This season is now a failure, everyone should also realize that about now. We're not a playoff team, we have no realistic playoff aspirations right now...try something different.

    New QB. Someone else calling the D. Firing Wanny. Running the football.

    If Chan is willing to make some changes and take a few chances down the stretch, I might be more willing to let him coach out his contract. If it's same old same old the rest of the way then he has NO business still being employed by the Buffalo Bills in 2013.

  11. #90
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    26,565
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    ZoneBux
    138,763.54
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    138,763.54
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    He does have an option. We traded for a guy. He just refuses to even give TJax a shot. TJax is no worse than Fitz, he may be no better with the cast here but it's possible. Fitz is a failure, everyone should realize that right about now. This season is now a failure, everyone should also realize that about now. We're not a playoff team, we have no realistic playoff aspirations right now...try something different.

    New QB. Someone else calling the D. Firing Wanny. Running the football.

    If Chan is willing to make some changes and take a few chances down the stretch, I might be more willing to let him coach out his contract. If it's same old same old the rest of the way then he has NO business still being employed by the Buffalo Bills in 2013.
    I agree with almost all of this. It could be that TJax is not ready still but I'd like to see Fitz benched the next time he plays poorly.

    Spiller should be the full time starter, I agree. We should run more, I agree. Wanny should be gone, agree there too.

  12. #91
    honey pie Typ0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    27,991
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 403 Times in 239 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    78
    ZoneBux
    26,956.84
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    26,956.84
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    The only thing I need to know is this team hasn't had an NFL starting QB since Bledsoe...and in this league teams need TWO! We don't even have one. No coach has an excuse.

  13. #92
    Registered User Mahdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canada, Ottawa
    Posts
    9,257
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 413 Times in 251 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    31
    ZoneBux
    26,492.52
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    26,492.52
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    I think Gailey needs to stay. He obviously needs to be more stubborn about running the ball and not bail on it too quickly but he has a good offense that is limited currently by the talent at QB and WR.

    We need a big WR, a QB with a big arm and a QB or two on defense. We really need a MLB who is fast, physical and can diagnose plays. Shepp is not there yet, but its also his first year starting and in a new defense. I also am very uncertain about our safeties as they just don't fill very well in the run game and are also out of position too often on deep balls.

  14. #93
    Legendary Zoner trapezeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,352
    Thanks
    2,129
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51
    ZoneBux
    54,337.42
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    54,337.42
    Donate

    Re: "At least one more year"

    the only regret i hvae about this year, knowing how it played out, is that hte 52 point game happened in buffalo. i would have rather seen that happen in NE so that this week we had the patriots in buffalo. So when we get absolutely smoked by the 2nd quarter and the empty stadium is just sitting there for Russ Brandon to view and for him to realize...he has done this.

    Worst executive in the NFL and he's like lindy ruff...employed for life.
    *****************************************
    Russ Brandon: The reason the Bills suck year after year
    ****************************************

  15. Post thanked by:

    BillsFever21 (11-06-2012)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •