• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: "At least one more year"

It's funny how someone can even attempt to say 7-5 in the ACC is a success. That's all.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      Lol. I must have missed when we turned down the proven SB winning stud HC to take Gailey.

Your definition of loser would eliminate pretty much anyone we could actually hire... you do realize that right?

Gailey is far from a loser. His record at all levels proves he can win. Is he the right HC for us? Who knows. I think he's got what it takes to be what we need. I'd rather invest in a few more positions and see where that takes us than blow it all up and spend the next 3 years rebuilding to get to the same point. That's just me.

As I said, if you have something against the guy, so be it. Personally I can't stand Bill Belichump. No, I would never want him coaching our team. Is that logical? Probably not.

I'm not a Gailey homer, but I like his style and think he is just fine as a HC and can be a playoff caliber HC... he's already shown that. And considering who were likely to get if we can him, I'd rather just stick with who we have.
      I don't hate Chan Gailey. I hate him as the HC of my football team. OC? Sure but not the HC.

I see where you're coming from. There isn't anything in our 13-26 record that would make me believe he isn't a playoff caliber HC LOL

You're acting like this a 35-40 year old HC who is riding his first rodeo and all it will take him is some time. He is 60 years old. He either has it or he doesn't and it's not like he is a coach to build around for the next decade.

I think you hate Belichick because he is good. I don't care for his personality but I don't hate him and respect him for being a good coach. Look at what he's accomplished and he's younger then Gailey.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
        It's funny how someone can even attempt to say 7-5 in the ACC is a success. That's all.
        Well you found somebody who does. I wouldn't think I would hear anybody from any conference consider that as a good record let alone the ACC. Coming from a Seminoles fan I realize how weak that conference has been for years and Chan still didn't have any success. Even if you were in the SEC that wouldn't be considered a success when you average almost 6 losses a season.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
          • Sep 2008

It blows my mind that there are actually Bills fans in existence who are OK with this news. Wow. Continuity is utterly useless when you're leaving a horrible coach in place. The Bills have made zero progress under the Nix/Gailey regime in three years, and there's no reason to expect improvement in Year 4.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TrEd FTW View Post
            It blows my mind that there are actually Bills fans in existence who are OK with this news. Wow. Continuity is utterly useless when you're leaving a horrible coach in place. The Bills have made zero progress under the Nix/Gailey regime in three years, and there's no reason to expect improvement in Year 4.
            Well, Change for the sake of change is even worse unless you can guarantee the next coach will be MUCH better than who he replaced.

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
              Well, Change for the sake of change is even worse unless you can guarantee the next coach will be MUCH better than who he replaced.
              There are never any guarantees unless somebody like Harbaugh, Belechick or McCarthy are going to leave their team and come coach the Bills. If you know that the HC, QB, or whatever position within the team isn't any good then you don't keep them around just for the sake of it either. If you don't try to improve then you definitely won't ever be any good.

That's why you need good people in the FO and ownership who are able to spot out the right coach or talent for the team. Unfortunately Ralph has failed once again with Nix which has lead us to hiring Gailey and only having a few decent players in three drafts.
              Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-03-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                There are never any guarantees unless somebody like Harbaugh, Belechick or McCarthy are going to leave their team and come coach the Bills. If you know that the HC, QB, or whatever position within the team isn't any good then you don't keep them around just for the sake of it either. If you don't try to improve then you definitely won't ever be any good.
                So much logic and common sense in this post. Well done.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Did the Ravens have any guarantees that they were going to get an upgrade when they fired a SB winning HC in Brian Billick and hired John Harbaugh instead? Did the Packers have any guarantees when they fired a perennial playoff team coached by Mike Sherman and hired Mike McCarthy instead?

Of course they didn't and there are many of them examples and we're talking coaches who had won a SB and consistently been in the playoffs. With the Bills we're talking about a 60 year old coach who only lasted 2 years as a HC the first time and then did horrible in college. Unless you consider 5-6 losses a year in college football a success. Not to mention losing twice as many games then he has won since taking over the job.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

Lol. I must have missed when we turned down the proven SB winning stud HC to take Gailey.

Your definition of loser would eliminate pretty much anyone we could actually hire... you do realize that right?

Gailey is far from a loser. His record at all levels proves he can win. Is he the right HC for us? Who knows. I think he's got what it takes to be what we need. I'd rather invest in a few more positions and see where that takes us than blow it all up and spend the next 3 years rebuilding to get to the same point. That's just me.

As I said, if you have something against the guy, so be it. Personally I can't stand Bill Belichump. No, I would never want him coaching our team. Is that logical? Probably not.

I'm not a Gailey homer, but I like his style and think he is just fine as a HC and can be a playoff caliber HC... he's already shown that. And considering who were likely to get if we can him, I'd rather just stick with who we have.
                    Have you been smoking the Buffalo blitz?

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

This is more crappy news. I never wanted Gailey to begin with. Said it then and I say it now. I also find it sad any Bills fan is ok with this. Even worse is it does not surprise me. Im sure they were all sitting around in a meeting and Buddy said Hell boys we may as well keep Chan for at least another year, nobody wanted this job when I hired him and I doubt that's changed Meeting adjourned.

Bums all of them. We just have to outlast the owner. It's all we have left.
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Gibby
                        Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                        I guess that puts an end to that debate.
                        http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=408683
                        Well ****, I knew I sensed impending fail a couple days ago, and now I know why.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                          chan isnt the issue he needs a d coordinator to pair up with
                          Yes, and then a real Head Coach to supervise them both.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                            Did the Ravens have any guarantees that they were going to get an upgrade when they fired a SB winning HC in Brian Billick and hired John Harbaugh instead? Did the Packers have any guarantees when they fired a perennial playoff team coached by Mike Sherman and hired Mike McCarthy instead?

Of course they didn't and there are many of them examples and we're talking coaches who had won a SB and consistently been in the playoffs. With the Bills we're talking about a 60 year old coach who only lasted 2 years as a HC the first time and then did horrible in college. Unless you consider 5-6 losses a year in college football a success. Not to mention losing twice as many games then he has won since taking over the job.
                            Billick lost his team just as Gruden lost his in Tampa. That is the reason they were fired. Gailey has not lost this team yet. We knew Jauron SUCKED & I was all for firing him, but Chan has the Bills scoring more points than many teams & with a crappy QB at that. I'm for giving him another year.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

If Nix is asked to leave, then his proclamation means nothing.

It's just words in a news piece.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• gebobs
                                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                                • Sep 2003

In my opinion, he's not our problem.
                                I'm not a Gailey homer, but I like his style and think he is just fine as a HC and can be a playoff caliber HC... he's already shown that.
                                2-12 in the division. How are you going to make the playoffs when you can only win 2 games in the division in 3 years?
                                Last edited by gebobs; 11-04-2012, 08:07 AM.
                                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍