Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meaningless wins and stupid fIIking draft selections.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,857 Times in 4,335 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Meaningless wins and stupid fIIking draft selections.

I don't post much anymore because the Bills continue to suck and the liberal POS around here but i have to get something off my chest.

Meaningless wins and stupid f**king draft selection have cost us almost every year. Meaningless wins have cost us Ben Roethlisberger, Vince Wilfork, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Jerod Mayo, Von Miller just to name a few.. Whats the KC and Cleve wins going to cost us next draft?

Then you have stupid fIIking picks like McGahee, Whitner, Maybin, Losman, CJ Spiller, and Marcell Dareus.
    Dareus because everyone knew Green and Peterson were going to be stars.

Does any one wonder why the Bills continue to suck? Just look at their 1st round draft picks they continue to miss on.

You cant be this bad at drafting and think anything will ever change.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-04-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Meaningless wins and stupid fIIking draft selections.

Spiller was a great pick that's under-utilized, I'd take some time to realize his potential on any good NFL offense that had a passing threat.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Peterson hasn't been that good to be honest, great on ST though.

I bet if I were a Cards fan I'd be feeling similar to how I feel about Dareus, flashes but no consistency.

And yeah, Spiller's the best player on this team, not really close to be honest.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Spiller was a great pick that's under-utilized, I'd take some time to realize his potential on any good NFL offense that had a passing threat.
    As good as Spiller is, he pretty good, I'd rather have say Dez Bryant instead.

5. Post thanked by:

ThunderGun (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    As good as Spiller is, he pretty good, I'd rather have say Dez Bryant instead.
    You want the elderly staff to hire babysitters to watch Dez?? Does that even make sense ?

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

spiller was a stupid fiiking pick when you already have Lynch and Jackson on your roster,

8. Post thanked by:

THRILLHO (11-04-2012),ThunderGun (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You want the elderly staff to hire babysitters to watch Dez?? Does that even make sense ?
    We lack playmakers at the WR position. It's Stevie Johnson and nothing. Add a weapon opposite him and both guys would flourish especially in this stupid pass happy offense.

RB even with Fred in decline, we'd still be okay with him and Choice. Especially since our head coach is just allergic to running the football.

Also, if we don't draft Spiller...Lynch may still be here.

10. Post thanked by:

ThunderGun (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    spiller was a stupid fiiking pick when you already have Lynch and Jackson on your roster,
    Spiller is better than both of them, his upside is potential HOF with the right coaching.

12. Post thanked by:

kishoph (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Spiller is better than both of them, his upside is potential HOF with the right coaching.
    He's still a Reggie Bush/Eric Metcalf clone.

Not a potential HOFer. Sorry.

14. Post thanked by:

ThunderGun (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He's still a Reggie Bush/Eric Metcalf clone.

Not a potential HOFer. Sorry.
    Reggie's not that good, look who Metcalf had around him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree about needing playmakers at WR, and I love Dez Bryant's talent, but he'd be a disaster here. Guy has a load of talent but can't play consistently and is too busy going broke off the field. At least Spiller's a stand up guy who causes no trouble, and has a crazy amount of talent.

17. Post thanked by:

Skooby (11-04-2012)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Also, if we don't draft Spiller...Lynch may still be here.
    The Bills didn't need another running back at that time. They needed DE, S, TE, and C. Like Earl Thomas, Jason Paul Pierre, Pouncey, Gresham, or Gronkowski.

This is how bad Buffalo is at drafting.
    The Bills have the 41st pick and they draft Torell Troupe. With the very next pick the Patroits pick Rob Gronkowski.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-04-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills didn't need another running back at that time. They needed DE, S, TE, and C. Like Jason Paul Pierre, Pouncey, Gresham, or Gronkowski.

The Bills have the 41st pick and they draft Torell Troupe. With the very next pick the Patroits pick Rob Gronkowski.
    That's true but another story to what I'm referencing here.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    I agree about needing playmakers at WR, and I love Dez Bryant's talent, but he'd be a disaster here. Guy has a load of talent but can't play consistently and is too busy going broke off the field. At least Spiller's a stand up guy who causes no trouble, and has a crazy amount of talent.
    I like Spiller don't get me wrong, I think he should be utilized at the WR position more than he is as well as out of the backfield. Metcalf transitioned well from RB to WR and turned into a 1000 yard WR with the Falcons. Metcalf and Spiller are extremely similar in skill set.

However, we did have 2 quality RBs at the time we drafted Spiller. Lynch is quality as is Freddy. We didn't have quality WRs at the time, we've needed playmakers for a while. I mean people still say AJ Green shoulda been the choice instead of Dareus. Bryant is a playmaker yeah but his primadonna attitude puts some people off. I think this team could use a little swagger, we're way too passive and nonchalant all the way around.

I think Dez by now would literally explode on the efforts we've seen out of this team and out of this coaching staff. It might not be a bad thing at this point.

It's really about the fact Spiller was a luxury pick for a team that couldn't afford a luxury pick at the time he was selected. Especially when there were talented guys on the board that honestly big picture a few years later would have helped more than Spiller does.

21. Post thanked by:

Skooby (11-04-2012),TacklingDummy (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills didn't need another running back at that time. They needed DE, S, TE, and C. Like Earl Thomas, Jason Paul Pierre, Pouncey, Gresham, or Gronkowski.

We screwed the pooch years ago on the Center. You and I both know that as do many. Many have known we screwed that pooch since McCargo's name was called. Mangold should be here and if it was up to you, I and quite a few others on this board would have been here.

23. Post thanked by:

Skooby (11-04-2012),TacklingDummy (11-04-2012),YardRat (11-05-2012)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We screwed the pooch years ago on the Center. You and I both know that as do many. Many have known we screwed that pooch since McCargo's name was called. Mangold should be here and if it was up to you, I and quite a few others on this board would have been here.
    How did I forget that other first round bum McCargo? My god this team sucks at everything that has to do with the draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I like Spiller don't get me wrong, I think he should be utilized at the WR position more than he is as well as out of the backfield. Metcalf transitioned well from RB to WR and turned into a 1000 yard WR with the Falcons. Metcalf and Spiller are extremely similar in skill set.

However, we did have 2 quality RBs at the time we drafted Spiller. Lynch is quality as is Freddy. We didn't have quality WRs at the time, we've needed playmakers for a while. I mean people still say AJ Green shoulda been the choice instead of Dareus. Bryant is a playmaker yeah but his primadonna attitude puts some people off. I think this team could use a little swagger, we're way too passive and nonchalant all the way around.

I think Dez by now would literally explode on the efforts we've seen out of this team and out of this coaching staff. It might not be a bad thing at this point.

It's really about the fact Spiller was a luxury pick for a team that couldn't afford a luxury pick at the time he was selected. Especially when there were talented guys on the board that honestly big picture a few years later would have helped more than Spiller does.
    It's pretty hard to argue with this, very hard.

26. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (11-04-2012)

Registered User Scumbag College's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 698 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

First and foremost in the NFL you need a franchise QB. After that, you need to consistently hit on draft picks. Look at the Pats, Steelers, Giants, and Packers. They get their franchise QB and then draft well and have very few misses in the early rounds of the draft. That formula makes them playoff teams year in and year out.

The Bills have been without a franchise QB and consistently miss badly in the early rounds with their picks. Couple that with complete ineptitude in coaching and that's why we've witnessed 10+ years in futility.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

28. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't post much anymore because the Bills continue to suck and the liberal POS around here but i have to get something off my chest.

Meaningless wins and stupid f**king draft selection have cost us almost every year. Meaningless wins have cost us Ben Roethlisberger, Vince Wilfork, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Jerod Mayo, Von Miller just to name a few.. Whats the KC and Cleve wins going to cost us next draft?

DONT EVER SAY THAT ON THIS BOARD. HERE THEHY LOVE MEANINGLESS WINS!!! THEY LOVED WINNING THOSE FEW EXTRA GAMES AND NOT GETTING BIG BEN, ETC....

EVERY YEAR, I POINT IT OUT. EVERY YEAR THE BOARD GOES UP MY ASS ABOUT IT... THE FANS HERE GET WHAT THEY DESERVE. THEY GOT TO WATCH PITTSBURGH AND THE COLTS HAVE 1 BAD SEASON WHICH LEAD THEM TO DRAFTING BIG BEN AND LUCK BUT THESE BILLS FANS ARE MIOPIC. GOD FORBID THEY GO 6-10 INSTEAD OF 8-8. HA! THE BILLS WILL SUCK FOR ANOTHER 12 YEARS.

Then you have stupid fIIking picks like McGahee, Whitner, Maybin, Losman, CJ Spiller, and Marcell Dareus.
    Dareus because everyone knew Green and Peterson were going to be stars.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT FO/GM/COACH.... ITS TAKES 3-4 YEARS ON THIS BOARD TO FIGURE OUT THAT A **** SANDWICH IS A **** SANDWICH AND IF YOU POINT IT OUT IN YEAR 1,2, OR 3.... THEN YOUR ONE OF THOSE NEGATIVE FANS....

Does any one wonder why the Bills continue to suck? Just look at their 1st round draft picks they continue to miss on.

SOME OF THE POSTERS ON THIS BOARD ACTUALLY DO...

You cant be this bad at drafting and think anything will ever change.
    Please Make Sense

30. Post thanked by:

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,649 Times in 3,390 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sorry but this is a bunch of whiny *****ing. Has to be said. Now I'll go read/do something not worthless and sad.