X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

"At least one more year"

I guess that puts an end to that debate.

Hired by Nix in 2010, Gailey has a 13-26 record in Buffalo. Nix also revealed that Gailey has at least one more year left on his contract, something the team had previously refused to discuss.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: "At least one more year"

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    I guess that puts an end to that debate.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=408683
    Whether it's a popular opinion or not, I'm glad.

I want us to stick with him and add a few more pieces.

In my opinion, he's not our problem.

"I hope I can put that to rest," Nix said. "It's the age-old thing, and they've done it around here for years. They start over about every three years. What that does is make damn sure that you don't make it. That's what it does."

I totally agree with him. We've tried that over and over and failed.
    Last edited by X-Era; 11-03-2012, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

I agree X.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

If you listened to his PC, Nix has zero plans to replace Gailey and it's well beyond this next year. He says he has no interest in rebuilding. He doesn't want to start over and possibly lose 6 years (two rebuilds) versus 3.

I agree with it. Were not far enough away to need a rebuild. Were close. We need a stud LB or two and a young franchise QB. Add in a year of experience for our very young CB's and we will be better. Do we need a new DC and scheme? Probably. But, I'd like a different 4-3 philosophy rather than a total rebuild. Hell, I feel like if we just improved our Nickel through roster changes or scheme changes, we might have won 2 more games.

Better LB'ing will drastically improve both the run and underneath, flats, and intermediate coverage. A guy like Te'o could have a huge positive impact alone. His penchant for picks and fiery play could be just what we need. Just a few players in a few areas could get us over the hump. I just don't want to blow it up yet. I want another few years.

In the end I want to see what we can make of what we've got and can have. I wanted this year to be a playoff year but we may be one year away still. No, I don't want perpetual excuses. But, I think were much closer than our record indicates and that we can get there by the end of next season.

Last edited by X-Era; 11-03-2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Gailey's record as a HC reminds me of JP Lossman's record as a starting QB.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SABURZFAN View Post
            Gailey's record as a HC reminds me of JP Lossman's record as a starting QB.
            Speaking of reminding, tell your Mom that she can shower before coming over next time.

Comment

• Syderick
              • Apr 2006

Considering the Bills would probably pick some other retread as Head Coach, it's the scenario of go with the devil you know. Plus it looks like they're going after QB in the draft this off-season.
              3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

I think Chan should be gone and we start over with a new qb in the draft with a new gm and a new HC....i know the sediment that nothing will change until RW is gone or sells the team.

But CHan is 13-26 and Buddy Nix has whiffed alot in his draft and fa...I Know its only 3 years but its been a bad 3 years with two horrible losing streaks the last 2 seasons.

Hate to say it boys and girls but these guys suck and are out coached and out drafted on a regular basis
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I'm OK with it...IMO we're only three personnel moves away from getting close...a MLB, a QB and a DC that's not a complete dumbass.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

If the Bills don't make the playoffs and Gailey is still here. My group of 8 won't be getting any season tickets next year. That's a total of 12. He's an awful head coach.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                      • Jul 2002

So it looks like the only way this team gets better is if Ralph sells or his age catches up to him.

Comment

• BLeonard
                        BoB Sabermetrician
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                        So it looks like the only way this team gets better is if Ralph sells or his age catches up to him.
                        ...Which is what some of us have been saying for a while now...

-Bill

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                          If you listened to his PC, Nix has zero plans to replace Gailey and it's well beyond this next year. He says he has no interest in rebuilding. He doesn't want to start over and possibly lose 6 years (two rebuilds) versus 3.
                          No interest in rebuilding?!? Well that explains why we still suck because what we should be and should have been doing since he's been here is rebuilding.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

I agree with it. Were not far enough away to need a rebuild. Were close. We need a stud LB or two and a young franchise QB. Add in a year of experience for our very young CB's and we will be better. Do we need a new DC and scheme? Probably. But, I'd like a different 4-3 philosophy rather than a total rebuild. Hell, I feel like if we just improved our Nickel through roster changes or scheme changes, we might have won 2 more games.

Better LB'ing will drastically improve both the run and underneath, flats, and intermediate coverage. A guy like Te'o could have a huge positive impact alone. His penchant for picks and fiery play could be just what we need. Just a few players in a few areas could get us over the hump. I just don't want to blow it up yet. I want another few years.

In the end I want to see what we can make of what we've got and can have. I wanted this year to be a playoff year but we may be one year away still. No, I don't want perpetual excuses. But, I think were much closer than our record indicates and that we can get there by the end of next season.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/14687123...entId=11756608
                            So, hopefully Buddy gets fired when they finish 6-10 again.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                              So, hopefully Buddy gets fired when they finish 6-10 again.
                              The time to fire these guys is gonna be in 2 weeks when we give up another 80 points in back to back games, and another 1000 yards in back to back games. That and our record will 3-6 and playoffs will obviously be out of everyone's minds around here and in the organization.

You let these guys hang around past that and we'll string together some wins and it'll be shoved down all of our collective throats that the team progressed at the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍