Thread: The honeymoon is over in Buffalo for pass-rusher Mario Williams

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The honeymoon is over in Buffalo for pass-rusher Mario Williams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-matching-hype

"The play of the $100-million man has been lackluster so far, and then his odd claims of a wrist injury didn't help. You'd think things were heading in the right direction when he had surgery on his wrist to relieve discomfort, especially because he's not going to miss a game. But... according to a report this week, Williams texted -- not called -- the Bills with the news he was having surgery on his wrist. Yikes. Not what you want to do for a team that invested so much in you, only to have you play far below expectations. Buffalo and it's U-G-L-Y defense needs much more from Williams. Maybe that starts this week against the Houston Texans (though I'd be surprised if it does). But what stood out to me this week was the reaction. I thought Chan Gailey, the even-keeled coach, struck the right chord. He's clearly pissed, and he didn't mind showing it. Gailey was asked about Williams and his return to Houston. The shrug of an answer he gave made me raise my eyebrows. His response was, "You have to ask him about that. We do not talk about that. Not something I have had a conversation about with him." Um... OK. A brush off from Gailey is something. The other side of this thing is, I don't blame Gailey and the Bills brass for thinking, "What the heck?" They did the research, spent the money, then haven't gotten what they've needed from him... and Williams hasn't been as accountable as they need him to be. I'm just saying, it needs to start now."
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,070 Times in 3,555 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The honeymoon is over in Buffalo for pass-rusher Mario Williams

Doh! They probably wish they could take that article back, after the news of Mario playing all season with a torn wrist ligament.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,911 Times in 5,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Doh! They probably wish they could take that article back, after the news of Mario playing all season with a torn wrist ligament.
    News?

you mean the rumor from a "source".

this is pure spin.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    News?

you mean the rumor from a "source".

this is pure spin.
    Mario will be irrelevant again today.