Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Might the NFL have to force Ralph out?

I'm not wishing anyones death. Might not the NFL say to whoever is handling Ralph, we think you should sell the team.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
      Will not tolerate vandalism.
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
      There is no way the NFL would go for what would likely be a protracted legal battle with a "Hall of Fame" owner. They are just running the clock out until he dies, same as we are.
      He's only a HoF owner because he got the league its long-awaited toehold into Canada.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
        Will not tolerate vandalism.
        • Apr 2006

The Bills sucking has nothing to do with NFL politics. The NFL did not make the Bills hire Nix & Chan, make bad draft choices and FA moves such as spending $100M on MW.

NFL is knows for having a level playing fiend which has resulted in small market teams like the Packers, Bucs, Steelers, Colts, and Saints have won SBs.
        Oh, please.

You know who really owns the NFL? Television. They're responsible for half the league's revenue. And here's what television has to say about that:

"It is long proven in (... the) NFL (...) that spreading the wealth to (all) 32 teams is a prescription for deflating ratings." -- Len DeLuca, ESPN program director

The NFL likes dynasties. ESPN likes dynasties because they can ogle over Tom Brady and the Patriots all the time. Besides, every single market you mention (including Green Bay-MILWAUKEE) is bigger than Buffalo. I don't know how much of a hand these markets would have in keeping the Bills down (although I would tend to agree, I doubt they would, at all) but they're certainly not helping the way they constantly do with New England and the superstar QB teams. They were the ones hyping up the Bills signing Williams when I kept saying year after year his injuries were going to be an issue, and they have been.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍