First of all, I feel the game Sunday is about as good as the Bills could've done against arguably the best AFC team on the road. They went toe-to-toe with them for 2/3 of the game, didn't really shoot themselves in the foot. But the Texans were better. They didn't give the Bills anything (cheap plays, turnovers). You can take it to the bank (or Vegas) that anyone tells you that if the Texans does not commit any turnovers nor fall for any Bills trickeries at home, they will win --- and they did.

I also believe that Chan had the right idea of trying to beat them on Fitz's arm once they started stacking the line without going to nickel for the most of the game. Most OC would do that and Fitz did have a reasonable day. But Fitz is not Rogers who carved up the the Texans that way a few weeks ago. This is where a star QB shines, and the difference between a serious contender vs so-so teams.

I do like what Kubiak did with Schaub and their offense. I don't consider Schaub in the class of Rogers (which is why I don't think they are a superbowl team in my eye), but they do have an elaborate running game that consumes an entire defense to sllow easy throws for Schaub. This is where I think Chan is lacking. Right now Chan is still more of a passing offense than a running offense. He has invested too much on passing than running.

It's time for him to looking into how to run against a 8 men front instead of merely checkout to pass. I know Denver used to do that with Davis. Maybe the Bills should do that with both CJ and Jackson instead of wild cat. Red zone problems are almost always on the inability to run the ball. When they could not run the football yesterday, those gaudy run zone numbers took a nose dive.

So far Chan's answer for running game is pretty much on spread them out in 4 wide and force them to bring dime packages out. When they refuse to oblige and were able to apply reasonable coverage along with a good pass rush, Chan has no counter. And we all know the coverage becomes tighter in red zone.