Thread: My Bills at Texans Hot Reads (on Chan/Fitz, CJ/Fred touches, defense)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My Bills at Texans Hot Reads (on Chan/Fitz, CJ/Fred touches, defense)

Like groundhog day. But here ya go....http://wgr550.com/CAPACCIO--Hot-Read...exans/14703252
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: My Bills at Texans Hot Reads (on Chan/Fitz, CJ/Fred touches, defense)

agreed with article. gailey has been defined with "playing not to lose" tactics all year except in the game he had won in arizona. then he grew a pair for no reason what so ever.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    gailey has been defined with "playing not to lose" tactics all year except in the game he had won in arizona. then he grew a pair for no reason what so ever.
    that wasn't playing not to lose... that was playing to lose. I'm not sure you grow a pair when you do your best to coach to lose and win instead.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

4. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

just this entire season has been 3rd and short and 4th and short and he kicks field goals from very close.

that arizona game was the one bold decision but it was so poorly timed and so unnecessary.

but look at the steelers last night. they have 4th and 2 at 3 yard line. they do a gimmicky field goal. blows up in their face.

Steelers organization has the defense ready to go, get them the ball back and they win the game.
    Bills organization lets the opposing team run out the clock. nick barnett tweets that he's optimistic about next week.

how broken is this team? And how can no one who actually has the chance to do something about it see this?

i would honestly hire Ingtar and Coach Sal to be the coaches for the team and bet they could get more out of this roster than our prized head coaches thus far have gotten. and t hat's not a zing on those posters. quite the opposite. they seem to clearly see the broken issues and are willing to address it. We have gailey saying he stopped running the ball because there was an extra man in the box. Are you kidding? "I was going to go get lunch at chipotle. i expected the line to be 4 people deep. it was 5 people deep. i decided not to eat lunch."

Thanks
    Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The problem is a poor feel for the flow of the game... and even worse management. It seems like Gailey is leaving the defense to the defense staff and doesn't even bother looking at it. I can understand that to a point. I'm an offensive guy, I'm not half as good at my DC's job as he is. But that doesn't mean I just let it be. I see it as my job to know what the defense is supposed to be doing and when. Because when we lose it's me who's held responsible.

There are severe problems going on with the bills defense that even an amateur can correctly diagnose. That he's doing nothing as head coach can't make the defensive players (who should know just as well as us it's not working) that he doesn't particularly care about that side of the ball. That makes it hard for those players to care about more then their paycheck.

Setting that aside, i really do like a lot of what Gailey does on offense. And what Nix and Gailey have done with the o-line deserves mention. I only wish they'd lean more on that o-line and running game. there should be no reason why we don't run the ball 30 times a game.

We could have a killer play action game to compliment our running game, which would open up all those little slants, outs and curls that Fitz is comfortable throwing. right now teams aren't biting on the run possibility because we don't run enough... which really hurts that short/mid passing game that Fitz is playing with.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-05-2012 at 11:53 AM.