Thanked 28,071 Times in 15,284 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: An open question

The blue pants look magnificent!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

this game was close simply because it looked like the texans didn't take them seriously during the prep week. and the fact we couldn't take advantage of multiple penalties, a blocked kick, decent field position. this team isn't going to sniff two more wins this season.

All together now. F! Russ Brandon. We should start a "We want our team" rally. The NFL is allowing this. They have no commitment to the area. it's truly embarassing.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wasn't that interested to begin with. Didn't even watch the 1st qtr. Rather raked the leaves. The little that I watched, Dink and Dunk. We need a franchise qb who can throw it deep.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills are a below average football team for an average team would have won that game. The Texans kept them in it by shooting themselves in the foot at a constant rate.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    this game was close simply because it looked like the texans didn't take them seriously during the prep week. and the fact we couldn't take advantage of multiple penalties, a blocked kick, decent field position. this team isn't going to sniff two more wins this season.
    no... they'll definitely go on a late season run to solidify their 10-14 pick in the draft. I figure after the pats game they have a few winnable ones in a row. The type of games the bills always win. Yet another lost/wasted year

as to the game... sounds like most of the non-blowout bills losses the last few years... btw: since when did losing by +10 not be considered a blowout?! god i hate the last 12 years of bills football, they're really lowering our standards and expectations... the texans freaking covered an 11 point spread and we're sitting around congratulating ourselves on not being embarrassed. No on the NFL ever covers a 10 point spread... ugh... that's like the sucker bet of sucker bets

Ok a day later and its starting to bug me now

Not that they lost, no that's not bugging me. Its that i've got to this point with this team that i no longer even consider them competitive for a playoff spot (for years now) and have lowered my expectations for the team to such an extent that i no longer get bugged by a double digit loss, as long as it's less then a 20 point difference i seem to be sorta ok with it. THAT ticks me off more then anything!

You know we lost Superbowl 26 by 13 freaking points?! I remember being devastated at how badly we were spanked, it was a blowout as far as i was concerned... and i knew going into that game we couldn't win. But i expected more from the team.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-05-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

superbowl 26 was decided a lot earlier than that final score. they owned us in that game.

i agree it is funny we are ok with the beat down of 11 points. but to be fair it was 7-6 at halftime and it was 14-9. and frankly a team with balls would have gone for it on 4th and 2 and possibly gone for two to tie (but i know gailey hates going for two).

i just hate that there is zero urgency anywhere from this team. from players, coaches, front office. they are talking to us like we are idiots. it's like being a prisoner and being tortured by the guards. at least the other crappy teams are discussing changes and different answers. but the bills like to just keep telling us that football is difficult.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 842 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post

You know we lost Superbowl 26 by 13 freaking points?! I remember being devastated at how badly we were spanked, it was a blowout as far as i was concerned... and i knew going into that game we couldn't win. But i expected more from the team.
    Washington was winning that game 37-10 when the bills scored a TD with 6 minutes left in the game and then scored another TD with 4 minutes left.. At 37-24 with 4 minutes left the Redskins basically ran out the clock. With the bills getting 2 TDs in essentially garbage time you are correct the Bills were annihilated in that game and it felt worse that a 13 point loss

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i remember that game. and i know the final score was deceptive.

But it still stands to reason, that was a blowout just looking at the scoreboard at the end of the night, even with the garbage time TDs. Here we are losing to teams by 10+ consistently, and as long as it isn't some 50-10 atrocity we sorta are alright with it... and shrug it off as "could have been worse", or "at least we weren't blown out"

That so ticks me off

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm standing by an earlier post in which, when this team inevitably fails, as part of a publicity stunt they gut the coaches for the last 4 or 5 games and let intelligent fans take over, because I can name 5 people on this board who could do a better job than most of these coaches. It's so fun sitting at home, watching the game, and already knowing what terrible play call is coming. And for the record, my "**** Buffalo Bills Fans Say 2" is coming out soon. A few jabs to the board on it as well.
    Bye Bye Brady...

10. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

I still watch the games but I go in expecting a loss which helps with the blood pressure and I'm pleasantly surprised when they do win.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,071 Times in 15,284 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think Kurt Govea's interception TD gave the Skins a 24-0 lead at one point.

My favorite SB loss was XXVIII: Winning at halftime...second half turnover....game over.

Kind of how most big games have gone since. The team figures out ways to lose ball games.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Ingtar nailed next years pathetic bills fans successful marketing campaign:

Get your tickets now it could always be worse.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I think Ingtar nailed next years pathetic bills fans successful marketing campaign:

Get your tickets now it could always be worse.
    Nah....

People buy tickets because of fear-mongering.

If we don't buy there may be no more team OR we don't know how many years this team has left here so we might as well enjoy NFL football til it's gone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    Nah....

People buy tickets because of fear-mongering.

If we don't buy there may be no more team OR we don't know how many years this team has left here so we might as well enjoy NFL football til it's gone.
    That's really exactly what I said!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've been a season ticket holder for 14 years for that very reason. (i've gone to like 20 bills games in those 14 years too)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

and that's exactly why the team sucks too...because they are empowered to suck by the fans!