• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: An open question

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    He and Darren Sproles/Reggie Bush aren't really all that different IMO.

I wouldn't make the leap that CJ is one of the most talented guys in the league. He's a good player but not great.

If anyone considers Spiller great or one of the most talented in the league then they have to put Sproles and Bush right there with him.
    We have a head coach that doesn't have a clue. Any other competent coach would have this guy on the cover of Madden next year.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

My assessment is that the Bills played a pretty good game against a superior opponent, and a good deal of their superiority comes at the QB position. It's not that I think Fitzpatrick was terrible today. For him, I think he played a pretty good game. I just think the Texans are confident in Schaub being able to do a lot more things than Fitzpatrick. Fitz actually completed a few more passes of more than 10 yards than usual, but there were still more wide receiver screens than I like. At some point in the game defenses are going to start expecting them, and Houston sniffed out several for no gain or a loss.

In a few other random thoughts, JJ Watts is a beast, and Andre Johnson had a field day, mostly against Aaron Williams. I hope Aaron Williams wasn't hurt too badly when Andre Johnson fell on his leg, but frankly, I don't think Williams is that much better than any of the guys Buffalo might use to replace him. Stephon Gilmore has a lot more talent and I could see him being able to take the opponent's top receiver and keeping him well contained next year. He did a good job on Andre Johnson at least some of the time that he was matched up on him, including some beautiful tight coverage on a fourth down touchdown pass attempt that failed, giving Buffalo possession. Buffalo's defensive line had decent pressure some of the time, but I'd have to say Houston won the battle of the trenches on both offense and defense.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

The guy is almost 2 YPC above the next RB in the league for RBs over 50 carries... It's not a stretch at all to say he's one of the most talented backs in the league. He was a top 10 pick for a reason and his production so far justifies that.
        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
          • Jan 2010

Aaron Williams sucks giant dick. Mark that down on your things to avoid watching

Comment

• mush69
            • Jan 2003

I too missed the game but from what I see of the highlights it was our corners getting beat and the linebackers missing tackles. So more of the same that I didn't watch. I can go to work today and just concentrate on my job and not have to stand around discussing pathetic football, cause at this point in the season I can't add anything new to the conversation.
            Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

The blue pants look magnificent!

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

this game was close simply because it looked like the texans didn't take them seriously during the prep week. and the fact we couldn't take advantage of multiple penalties, a blocked kick, decent field position. this team isn't going to sniff two more wins this season.

All together now. F! Russ Brandon. We should start a "We want our team" rally. The NFL is allowing this. They have no commitment to the area. it's truly embarassing.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Wasn't that interested to begin with. Didn't even watch the 1st qtr. Rather raked the leaves. The little that I watched, Dink and Dunk. We need a franchise qb who can throw it deep.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

The Bills are a below average football team for an average team would have won that game. The Texans kept them in it by shooting themselves in the foot at a constant rate.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      this game was close simply because it looked like the texans didn't take them seriously during the prep week. and the fact we couldn't take advantage of multiple penalties, a blocked kick, decent field position. this team isn't going to sniff two more wins this season.
                      no... they'll definitely go on a late season run to solidify their 10-14 pick in the draft. I figure after the pats game they have a few winnable ones in a row. The type of games the bills always win. Yet another lost/wasted year

as to the game... sounds like most of the non-blowout bills losses the last few years... btw: since when did losing by +10 not be considered a blowout?! god i hate the last 12 years of bills football, they're really lowering our standards and expectations... the texans freaking covered an 11 point spread and we're sitting around congratulating ourselves on not being embarrassed. No on the NFL ever covers a 10 point spread... ugh... that's like the sucker bet of sucker bets

Ok a day later and its starting to bug me now

Not that they lost, no that's not bugging me. Its that i've got to this point with this team that i no longer even consider them competitive for a playoff spot (for years now) and have lowered my expectations for the team to such an extent that i no longer get bugged by a double digit loss, as long as it's less then a 20 point difference i seem to be sorta ok with it. THAT ticks me off more then anything!

You know we lost Superbowl 26 by 13 freaking points?! I remember being devastated at how badly we were spanked, it was a blowout as far as i was concerned... and i knew going into that game we couldn't win. But i expected more from the team.
                      Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-05-2012, 12:02 PM.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

superbowl 26 was decided a lot earlier than that final score. they owned us in that game.

i agree it is funny we are ok with the beat down of 11 points. but to be fair it was 7-6 at halftime and it was 14-9. and frankly a team with balls would have gone for it on 4th and 2 and possibly gone for two to tie (but i know gailey hates going for two).

i just hate that there is zero urgency anywhere from this team. from players, coaches, front office. they are talking to us like we are idiots. it's like being a prisoner and being tortured by the guards. at least the other crappy teams are discussing changes and different answers. but the bills like to just keep telling us that football is difficult.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post

You know we lost Superbowl 26 by 13 freaking points?! I remember being devastated at how badly we were spanked, it was a blowout as far as i was concerned... and i knew going into that game we couldn't win. But i expected more from the team.
                          Washington was winning that game 37-10 when the bills scored a TD with 6 minutes left in the game and then scored another TD with 4 minutes left.. At 37-24 with 4 minutes left the Redskins basically ran out the clock. With the bills getting 2 TDs in essentially garbage time you are correct the Bills were annihilated in that game and it felt worse that a 13 point loss

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

i remember that game. and i know the final score was deceptive.

But it still stands to reason, that was a blowout just looking at the scoreboard at the end of the night, even with the garbage time TDs. Here we are losing to teams by 10+ consistently, and as long as it isn't some 50-10 atrocity we sorta are alright with it... and shrug it off as "could have been worse", or "at least we weren't blown out"

That so ticks me off
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

I'm standing by an earlier post in which, when this team inevitably fails, as part of a publicity stunt they gut the coaches for the last 4 or 5 games and let intelligent fans take over, because I can name 5 people on this board who could do a better job than most of these coaches. It's so fun sitting at home, watching the game, and already knowing what terrible play call is coming. And for the record, my "**** Buffalo Bills Fans Say 2" is coming out soon. A few jabs to the board on it as well.
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• SabreEleven
                                • Aug 2002

I still watch the games but I go in expecting a loss which helps with the blood pressure and I'm pleasantly surprised when they do win.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍