Get a room.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
        Dude Barkley sucks. He's such a Tim Couch it's disgusting
        Couch really wasn't that bad...he wasn't awesome but the Browns teams he was on weren't exactly set up for him to succeed.

He also did lead the Browns to the playoffs in 02 and broke his leg in the season finale vs the Falcons.

Comment

• kishoph
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
          I want us to do something like draft Manti Te'o in round 1
          In the past 12 years only 6 ILB's have been drafted in the 1st round, not saying that Manti Te'o won't be drafted in the first, but I don't see the Bills doing it. Also I think they have to go QB in the first, be it Barkley, Smith, or Wilson.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
            In the past 12 years only 6 ILB's have been drafted in the 1st round, not saying that Manti Te'o won't be drafted in the first, but I don't see the Bills doing it. Also I think they have to go QB in the first, be it Barkley, Smith, or Wilson.
            At this point in the process, I would say the exact opposite will happen if the draft was tomorrow.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Luckily, there are 4-5 QB's worthy of a 1st Round selection in this draft. Outside of MLB Te'o of ND, I wouldn't consider anything else.

LB's and CB's to fill out the rest of the draft.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                Luckily, there are 4-5 QB's worthy of a 1st Round selection in this draft. Outside of MLB Te'o of ND, I wouldn't consider anything else.

I honestly can't see more than 2.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                  1.) Matt Barkley, QB USC - Pro ready, disciplined, already better than everything else on our roster... not Andrew Luck, but he isn't Ryan Fitzpatrick. In short... although he may drop a bit from the top 5 spot he was assured of at the beginning of the year, Matt is going to start from day 1 in Buffalo and be a welcomed stabilizing change for this franchise.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]15987[/ATTACH]

2.) Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame - Matt needs a second TE in addition to Chandler. We need to go back to a more traditional offense that focuses on our running backs, and moving the chains. What rookie QB doesn't like these safety outlets.

3.) Gerald Hodges, OLB PSU - We need to start replacing this unit and although not from WVU, he reminds me of Daryl Talley.

4.) Matt Scott, QB Arizona - He beat Barkley and would be the perfect backup to keep Barkley motivated.

5.) Braxston Cave, C Notre Dame - backup interior line depth.

Other offseason moves - Russ Brandon fired. Polian hired as CEO.

Nix, Gailey and Wanny all relieved of their jobs.

Doug Whaley promoted to GM.

coaching candidates - Tony Dungy, Chip Kelly
                  Might not be far off here on the draft stuff.

Comment

• Buffalo Billy Bison
                    • Mar 2003

1.) Matt Barkley, QB USC - Pro ready, disciplined, already better than everything else on our roster... not Andrew Luck, but he isn't Ryan Fitzpatrick. In short... although he may drop a bit from the top 5 spot he was assured of at the beginning of the year, Matt is going to start from day 1 in Buffalo and be a welcomed stabilizing change for this franchise.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]15987[/ATTACH]

2.) Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame - Matt needs a second TE in addition to Chandler. We need to go back to a more traditional offense that focuses on our running backs, and moving the chains. What rookie QB doesn't like these safety outlets.

3.) Gerald Hodges, OLB PSU - We need to start replacing this unit and although not from WVU, he reminds me of Daryl Talley.

4.) Matt Scott, QB Arizona - He beat Barkley and would be the perfect backup to keep Barkley motivated.

5.) Braxston Cave, C Notre Dame - backup interior line depth.

Other offseason moves - Russ Brandon fired. Polian hired as CEO.

Nix, Gailey and Wanny all relieved of their jobs.

Doug Whaley promoted to GM.

coaching candidates - Tony Dungy, Chip Kelly
                    I like your comments and suggestions but do you really think we could justify taking 2 QB's in the draft with so many holes to fill? Why not a WR and CB instead of another QB and Center. If you have to you, could take a WR and a Guard or WR and CB or S. One of those scenarios!
                    Last edited by Buffalo Billy Bison; 04-13-2013, 04:20 PM.
                    11-5 in 2020 and deep into the Playoffs!

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

WHAT are you talking about? There might be one: Geno Smith - and that being in the last half of the round. No one else is worthy of a first round selection.
                      Last edited by swiper; 04-13-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

dude... bring something to the table outside of hating me or stfu.
                        It's fun hating on ya. Some of us know you've got wide shoulders to handle it....and a wide ass.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                          It's fun hating on ya. Some of us know you've got wide shoulders to handle it....and a wide ass.
                          I'm still younger than you mountain ranger.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

I'm still younger than you mountain ranger.
                            HaHa, an old man shot?

I guess I have that comin'. If it wasn't for Geritol and wild game meat, I'd probably be pushin' up daisies.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              WHAT are you talking about? There might be one: Geno Smith - and that being in the last half of the round. No one else is worthy of a first round selection.
                              Did you see the date on that post? He said that over five months ago. That's what the pre-draft grinder does to QB prospects. In November they look like slam dunks and by April apparently everybody sucks.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Swiper
                                • Sep 2010

LOL. I didn't, but it doesn't matter. None of these guys were 1st rounders at that point either. You'd have to go back a year for guys like Barkley and Wilson to be spoken about like that. Five months ago everyone knew that none of these QBs were very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍