Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,754
    Thanks
    5,316
    Thanked 3,138 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    65,927.89
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    65,927.89
    Donate

    coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    1.) Matt Barkley, QB USC - Pro ready, disciplined, already better than everything else on our roster... not Andrew Luck, but he isn't Ryan Fitzpatrick. In short... although he may drop a bit from the top 5 spot he was assured of at the beginning of the year, Matt is going to start from day 1 in Buffalo and be a welcomed stabilizing change for this franchise.
    matt-barkley-sanctions-p1.jpg

    2.) Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame - Matt needs a second TE in addition to Chandler. We need to go back to a more traditional offense that focuses on our running backs, and moving the chains. What rookie QB doesn't like these safety outlets.

    3.) Gerald Hodges, OLB PSU - We need to start replacing this unit and although not from WVU, he reminds me of Daryl Talley.

    4.) Matt Scott, QB Arizona - He beat Barkley and would be the perfect backup to keep Barkley motivated.

    5.) Braxston Cave, C Notre Dame - backup interior line depth.


    Other offseason moves - Russ Brandon fired. Polian hired as CEO.

    Nix, Gailey and Wanny all relieved of their jobs.

    Doug Whaley promoted to GM.

    coaching candidates - Tony Dungy, Chip Kelly

  2. Post thanked by:

    Buffalo Billy Bison (04-13-2013),IlluminatusUIUC (04-13-2013),Lone Stranger (11-04-2012),MST3KBillsfan (11-04-2012),trapezeus (11-05-2012)

  3. #2
    Skoobasaurus-Rex MitchMurrayDowntown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    10,026
    Thanks
    3,381
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,152 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    24
    ZoneBux
    1,873.09
    Bank
    2,716,323.87
    Total ZoneBux
    2,718,196.96
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    I can live with this, like the blow-up doll you call a spinner wife.

  4. #3
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    41,864
    Thanks
    4,251
    Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,223 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    127
    ZoneBux
    171,797.86
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    171,797.86
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    I like the Scott pick better than the Barkley one. Swap out the next high-round bust from USC for Te'o in the first and I could live with the rest.

    Long you live and high you fly And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry And all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be.

  5. Post thanked by:

    Ingtar33 (11-05-2012),X-Era (11-05-2012)

  6. #4
    Smells like Bodissy HurkeyNuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bills Country - Ransomville
    Posts
    9,429
    Thanks
    1,370
    Thanked 1,765 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    27
    ZoneBux
    78,672.73
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,672.73
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Russ Brandon being fired would be a dream come true.

  7. Post thanked by:

    jlgarsh (11-05-2012),trapezeus (11-05-2012)

  8. #5
    Hall of Fame Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,754
    Thanks
    5,316
    Thanked 3,138 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    65,927.89
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    65,927.89
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I like the Scott pick better than the Barkley one. Swap out the next high-round bust from USC for Te'o in the first and I could live with the rest.
    Barkley is already better than Fitz. We need someone more than anything to stabilize the position.

    Our total lack of talent is limiting this team every single week.

    Scott isn't ready to start in the pros but is a gamer. He's a perfect third stringer behind Jackson.
    Last edited by coastal; 11-04-2012 at 07:16 PM.

  9. #6
    Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    4,726
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 220 Times in 130 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18
    ZoneBux
    16,170.87
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    16,170.87
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    You're ready to go into next season w/ the LBs we got?






  10. #7
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    41,864
    Thanks
    4,251
    Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,223 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    127
    ZoneBux
    171,797.86
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    171,797.86
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Barkley is already better than Fitz. We need someone more than anything to stabilize the position.

    Our total lack of talent is limiting this team every single week.

    Scott isn't ready to start in the pros but is a gamer. He's a perfect third stringer behind Thigpen.
    Barkley isn't **** until he straps on a big boy's jock strap. I'm not impressed.

  11. #8
    Hall of Fame Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,754
    Thanks
    5,316
    Thanked 3,138 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    65,927.89
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    65,927.89
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    You're ready to go into next season w/ the LBs we got?
    i like Bradham and I like Hodges.

    bring in a free agent to round out the middle and pray we can make it work.

  12. #9
    Hall of Fame Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,754
    Thanks
    5,316
    Thanked 3,138 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    65,927.89
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    65,927.89
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Barkley isn't **** until he straps on a big boy's jock strap. I'm not impressed.
    Im not saying hes the savior... but drafting for one is the way you kill a franchise.

    btw... he can throw it past 10 yards.

  13. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,458
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 99 Times in 69 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    7
    ZoneBux
    9,573.34
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    9,573.34
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    i think it is pointless doing a mock draft without knowing the draft order and actually picking all the teams picks.

  14. #11
    Hall of Fame Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,754
    Thanks
    5,316
    Thanked 3,138 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    65,927.89
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    65,927.89
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbojanglezs View Post
    i think it is pointless doing a mock draft without knowing the draft order and actually picking all the teams picks.
    What is actually pointless is all of non-player moves I've proposed are even remotely realistic unless an ownership transition plan is under way.

    as of now we have an owner on deaths door and a 1 year stadium lease extension.

    no one of consequence is coming into this situation.

  15. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    837
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 102 Times in 47 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    9
    ZoneBux
    6,964.08
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    6,964.08
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    i like Bradham and I like Hodges.

    bring in a free agent to round out the middle and pray we can make it work.
    No way this team will compete with the LBs we have and a rookie QB. This team needs to draft the best MLB coming out in the draft and pick up a QB in free agency.
    To be the man you got to beat the man!

  16. #13
    Registered User ICRockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,654
    Thanks
    648
    Thanked 940 Times in 528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    22,232.73
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    22,232.73
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    I want us to do something like draft Manti Te'o in round 1 and EJ Manuel in Round 2. As for cleaning house, I completely agree. And I agree 100% on Chip Kelly as the new head coach. He's the #1 guy on my list right now.

  17. #14
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    26,555
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    ZoneBux
    138,151.29
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    138,151.29
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    I'd like Te'o over Barkley as well. But, Barkley isn't a total slouch. Like the Hodges pick. I am an Eifert fan, just not so sure we would take a TE that early.

    I'd be good with your draft if you swapped someone like Kevin Reddick in for Tyler Eifert.


  18. #15
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,392
    Thanks
    1,063
    Thanked 4,424 Times in 2,582 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    182
    ZoneBux
    267,494.46
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    267,494.46
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    1.) Matt Barkley, QB USC - Pro ready, disciplined, already better than everything else on our roster... not Andrew Luck, but he isn't Ryan Fitzpatrick. In short... although he may drop a bit from the top 5 spot he was assured of at the beginning of the year, Matt is going to start from day 1 in Buffalo and be a welcomed stabilizing change for this franchise.
    matt-barkley-sanctions-p1.jpg

    2.) Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame - Matt needs a second TE in addition to Chandler. We need to go back to a more traditional offense that focuses on our running backs, and moving the chains. What rookie QB doesn't like these safety outlets.

    3.) Gerald Hodges, OLB PSU - We need to start replacing this unit and although not from WVU, he reminds me of Daryl Talley.

    4.) Matt Scott, QB Arizona - He beat Barkley and would be the perfect backup to keep Barkley motivated.

    5.) Braxston Cave, C Notre Dame - backup interior line depth.


    Other offseason moves - Russ Brandon fired. Polian hired as CEO.

    Nix, Gailey and Wanny all relieved of their jobs.

    Doug Whaley promoted to GM.

    coaching candidates - Tony Dungy, Chip Kelly
    I doubt you get Eifert in Round 2, Hodges isn't bad value in three, but you're reaching for Scott and Cave you could get as a FA at this point.

    Barkley is a limited ceiling prospect who is the most pro ready, but may not be the guy who can win you a game by himself. He's been surrounded with incredible WR talent at SC, and he has continually made mistakes in the Lane Kiffin offense which is a big concern. He's a winner and has plenty of heart, but he's limited physically and that is going to scare some teams.

    I dont think either Dungy or Kelly would leave for Buffalo but hey you never know.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  19. #16
    Fracking Saved the Bills
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,734
    Thanks
    4,229
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 922 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    8
    ZoneBux
    57,092.38
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    57,092.38
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    What is actually pointless is all of non-player moves I've proposed are even remotely realistic unless an ownership transition plan is under way.

    as of now we have an owner on deaths door and a 1 year stadium lease extension.

    no one of consequence is coming into this situation.
    AND that is THE problem.

  20. #17
    Registered User Mouldsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,314
    Thanks
    1,339
    Thanked 534 Times in 349 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    16,427.86
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    16,427.86
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Im not saying hes the savior... but drafting for one is the way you kill a franchise.

    btw... he can throw it past 10 yards.
    So he just chooses not to? Hi Trent.

  21. #18
    Lets GO BUFFALO!! SquishDaFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    16,996
    Thanks
    2,348
    Thanked 634 Times in 370 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    67
    ZoneBux
    50,080.37
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    50,080.37
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Oh **** your a ND fan too. Please tell me your not a fan of the bulls. i cant take a retard like you as a fan of all my fav teams
    Last edited by SquishDaFish; 11-05-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling from damn phone

  22. Post thanked by:

    jlgarsh (11-05-2012)

  23. #19
    Dances With Buffaloes Ingtar33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    9,949
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 476 Times in 214 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    38
    ZoneBux
    57,044.64
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    57,044.64
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I like the Scott pick better than the Barkley one. Swap out the next high-round bust from USC for Te'o in the first and I could live with the rest.
    you can be the bills gm. i like that draft... Te'o is going to be something special. He's one of only like 3 or 4 players i'd take over a QB at this point.

    Though i'm not sure i'm sold on scott
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-05-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Predicted Bills Record 1-1
    Actual Bills Record 2-0
    Prognostication Record 1-1


    F-YEAH!

    1- bear skinned
    2- fish squished

  24. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,585
    Thanks
    113
    Thanked 543 Times in 346 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    27,037.06
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    27,037.06
    Donate

    Re: coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

    Man, lots of Te'o love. I've watched him for years, and this is easily his best, but I'm not sure he's worth a top ten selection. Maybe I'm missing something.

    Bills probably have a shot at winning 2 more games, 3 tops if they get lucky. 5-10 range, take a DE or OL, Pears and Hairston are disposable. I also realized yesterday that we have no Guards signed past this season. Rinehart/Urbik/Levitre are all free agents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •