Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The embarrassing part of todays game...

Thanks
    Thanked 26,210 Times in 13,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The embarrassing part of todays game...

Even though the Bills lost the game, they did more than I expected by keeping it close. They didn't get blown out in embarrassing fashion like they did against the Jets, Pats, and 49ers, and they didn't piss away a late lead like they did against Tennessee. It wasn't good, but it far better than the utter incompetence that I expected.

However there was one embarrassing area. We were outcoached, yet again. Mainly, I am talking about how we fell for Houston's misdirection plays. Every. Single. Time. I even saw the veteran Kelsay over-pursuing on a play-action bootleg and giving Shaub an unchallenged passing lane to the TE. Kelsay's in there for his experience, not his overall talent, but even he blew that.

They would run Foster to one side, then on the very next play, they would fake the same play and roll Shaub out and the ENTIRE defense was biting on it. and they didn't adjust the entire time.

It would be nice if we could go one game without being outcoached.

2. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (11-04-2012),jlgarsh (11-04-2012),jmb1099 (11-04-2012),Oldbillsfan (11-05-2012),Skooby (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The embarrassing part of todays game...

Gailey said in his press conference...."A lot of the time my heads buried in what's going on offensively" You're the head coach *******, you're supposed to be watching overseeing the entire team. This guy needs to be fired.

4. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (11-04-2012),Oldbillsfan (11-05-2012),OpIv37 (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Even though the Bills lost the game, they did more than I expected by keeping it close. They didn't get blown out in embarrassing fashion like they did against the Jets, Pats, and 49ers, and they didn't piss away a late lead like they did against Tennessee. It wasn't good, but it far better than the utter incompetence that I expected.

However there was one embarrassing area. We were outcoached, yet again. Mainly, I am talking about how we fell for Houston's misdirection plays. Every. Single. Time. I even saw the veteran Kelsay over-pursuing on a play-action bootleg and giving Shaub an unchallenged passing lane to the TE. Kelsay's in there for his experience, not his overall talent, but even he blew that.

They would run Foster to one side, then on the very next play, they would fake the same play and roll Shaub out and the ENTIRE defense was biting on it. and they didn't adjust the entire time.

It's so obvious that we're doing nothing different in each half, the teams just wait to see what we do & kill us after the break. Can't we just change any aspect of what we're doing at any point during the game?

6. Post thanked by:

feldspar (11-05-2012),Oldbillsfan (11-05-2012),OpIv37 (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,210 Times in 13,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I train MMA, and a lot of times we will use a certain punch or kick to set up the next hit. Hopefully it lands and does damage, but if not, it doesn't matter because it's all about setting up the power shot that's coming next.

It literally felt like that's what Houston was doing to us. They'd run Foster, and if he tore off 12 yards and got the first, good. If he got stuffed, who cares? They knew they'd have a wide open WR 15 yards down field on the play fake on the next play. It was ridiculous.

8. Post thanked by:

Historian (11-05-2012),Skooby (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A reporter asked Chan why Spiller didn't get more touches, Chan replied by saying the usual but also decided to add that the Texans played a defense that they weren't expecting them to play, and never adjusted. Basically admitted that he didn't adjust quick enough, his words and not mine.

Chan Failey

10. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (11-04-2012),Oldbillsfan (11-05-2012),OpIv37 (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Gailey said in his press conference...."A lot of the time my heads buried in what's going on offensively" You're the head coach *******, you're supposed to be watching overseeing the entire team. This guy needs to be fired.
    the ******* coach thinks he's good enough to be both the head coach and offensive coordinator.

12. Post thanked by:

Oldbillsfan (11-05-2012),YardRat (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    It's so obvious that we're doing nothing different in each half, the teams just wait to see what we do & kill us after the break. Can't we just change any aspect of what we're doing at any point during the game?
    Maybe they are doing player evaluation like the Redskins
    Please Make Sense

14. Post thanked by:

Skooby (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Maybe they are doing player evaluation like the Redskins
    Yeah, 13 years running.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Chump Failey.

17. Post thanked by:

feldspar (11-05-2012),Skooby (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    That's the perfect example of why I said it then and have said it since that he is nothing more then an offensive coordinator. He has no business being a HC and there's a reason why nobody else wanted him except for the Bills.

How some can still defend this guy is beyond me. I'd take him as a OC anytime but he is in over his head as a HC. The HC controls the entire team. He just controls the offense and hopes everyone else is doing their job. He doesn't have a clue as to what it takes to run the TEAM and not just the offense.

19. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The play that got the biggest cheer outta my friends and I was Powell's punt that landed inside the 5.

Pathetic.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't take the ******* as an OC either. 6 carries for CJ?!?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

I'll edit this because I believe his offense is good, but for Christ's sake, the play calling is terrible, so again, his offense I'd take, his play-calling, leave that **** at the door.
    Last edited by ZAZusmc03; 11-05-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ZAZusmc03 View Post
    I wouldn't take the ******* as an OC either. 6 carries for CJ?!?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

I'll edit this because I believe his offense is good, but for Christ's sake, the play calling is terrible, so again, his offense I'd take, his play-calling, leave that **** at the door.
    How can ya say that his offense is good when they never seen the endzone yesterday? He took the ball out of CJ's hands in the second half and never even sniffed the smell of a TD.
    Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We're losing respectively, ala Jauron teams.

This is what it's become again. But it's STILL a loss.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Inconceivable. How does the NFL leading RB I'm YPC get 6 rushes?

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,672 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The embarrassing part of the misdirection was the failure to cover a TE. When an entire offensive line goes one way, just like they do when they run, the d-line shifts to maintain gap integrity. There's no sniffing that out. It's more of a speed of recovery thing when the QB rolls out. The d-line was reacting, but the TE's were not being picked up in coverage. That was all on the inexperienced DB's. 100%

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,672 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The other note..... I am also losing any sort of confidence in Gailey's ability to lead. It seemed like he had sometthing going last year, but this year he looks lost.

27. Post thanked by:

Night Train (11-05-2012),Oldbillsfan (11-05-2012)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,067 Times in 15,280 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Inconceivable. How does the NFL leading RB I'm YPC get 6 rushes?
    Almost reminds me of John Rauch trying to use OJ as a receiver to misdirect the opponent.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Biting on the fakes IMO is not a function of coaching. Its a function of TRUST. The Bills D don't trust each other to make plays so basically every front 7 player is flying to the ball in an effort to stop the run. Kelsay should have more backside discipline but he knows how bad we are against the run and overflows to the ball. Same with the LBs.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How anybody is still surprised that Gailey doesn't know how to manage a two back system is beyond me. He's done a good job one time (v. Tennessee) of managing a dual threat backfield since we've had CJ. The biggest thing holding CJ back is Chan.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!