The embarrassing part of todays game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: The embarrassing part of todays game...

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Even though the Bills lost the game, they did more than I expected by keeping it close. They didn't get blown out in embarrassing fashion like they did against the Jets, Pats, and 49ers, and they didn't piss away a late lead like they did against Tennessee. It wasn't good, but it far better than the utter incompetence that I expected.

However there was one embarrassing area. We were outcoached, yet again. Mainly, I am talking about how we fell for Houston's misdirection plays. Every. Single. Time. I even saw the veteran Kelsay over-pursuing on a play-action bootleg and giving Shaub an unchallenged passing lane to the TE. Kelsay's in there for his experience, not his overall talent, but even he blew that.

They would run Foster to one side, then on the very next play, they would fake the same play and roll Shaub out and the ENTIRE defense was biting on it. and they didn't adjust the entire time.

It would be nice if we could go one game without being outcoached.
    The embarrassing part of the misdirection was the failure to cover a TE. When an entire offensive line goes one way, just like they do when they run, the d-line shifts to maintain gap integrity. There's no sniffing that out. It's more of a speed of recovery thing when the QB rolls out. The d-line was reacting, but the TE's were not being picked up in coverage. That was all on the inexperienced DB's. 100%

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

The other note..... I am also losing any sort of confidence in Gailey's ability to lead. It seemed like he had sometthing going last year, but this year he looks lost.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
        Inconceivable. How does the NFL leading RB I'm YPC get 6 rushes?
        Almost reminds me of John Rauch trying to use OJ as a receiver to misdirect the opponent.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Even though the Bills lost the game, they did more than I expected by keeping it close. They didn't get blown out in embarrassing fashion like they did against the Jets, Pats, and 49ers, and they didn't piss away a late lead like they did against Tennessee. It wasn't good, but it far better than the utter incompetence that I expected.

However there was one embarrassing area. We were outcoached, yet again. Mainly, I am talking about how we fell for Houston's misdirection plays. Every. Single. Time. I even saw the veteran Kelsay over-pursuing on a play-action bootleg and giving Shaub an unchallenged passing lane to the TE. Kelsay's in there for his experience, not his overall talent, but even he blew that.

They would run Foster to one side, then on the very next play, they would fake the same play and roll Shaub out and the ENTIRE defense was biting on it. and they didn't adjust the entire time.

It would be nice if we could go one game without being outcoached.
          Biting on the fakes IMO is not a function of coaching. Its a function of TRUST. The Bills D don't trust each other to make plays so basically every front 7 player is flying to the ball in an effort to stop the run. Kelsay should have more backside discipline but he knows how bad we are against the run and overflows to the ball. Same with the LBs.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

How anybody is still surprised that Gailey doesn't know how to manage a two back system is beyond me. He's done a good job one time (v. Tennessee) of managing a dual threat backfield since we've had CJ. The biggest thing holding CJ back is Chan.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              How anybody is still surprised that Gailey doesn't know how to manage a two back system is beyond me. He's done a good job one time (v. Tennessee) of managing a dual threat backfield since we've had CJ. The biggest thing holding CJ back is Chan.
              The biggest thing holding the team back is Ralph.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                The embarrassing part of the misdirection was the failure to cover a TE. When an entire offensive line goes one way, just like they do when they run, the d-line shifts to maintain gap integrity. There's no sniffing that out. It's more of a speed of recovery thing when the QB rolls out. The d-line was reacting, but the TE's were not being picked up in coverage. That was all on the inexperienced DB's. 100%
                And the LB's too. Overall I think Bradham had a good game but he continued the longstanding Buffalo tradition of having no one who can effectively cover a TE.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞