9 seconds left in the first half & your in the redzone, what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

9 seconds left in the first half & your in the redzone, what do you do?

There was no timeouts for Buffalo with 9 seconds left on the clock & you're in the redzone. How do you play to win here ??
    FG to keep the game close
    0%
    One more pass attempt to a huge TE?
    0%
    Lay down for a sack & no play
    0%
    Run the ball
    0%
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: 9 seconds left in the first half & your in the redzone, what do you do?

Go for the touchdown.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DevilPaul View Post
      Go for the touchdown.
      Everytime you want to win.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

I couldn't believe it myself. You have time for one shot and they don't even consider it. Gailey was coaching scared today. He should say the hell with it since he's lost twice as many games as he has won here and go all out to try and win some freaking games.

Today reminded me of the Dick Jauron/Trent Edwards era where we would never try any throws into the endzone and just try and dink and dunk our way to victory. Oddly enough we had more wins with that combination and that's just scary to even think about. There was less talent then too. That just shows how bad Gailey and this regime is.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

We're one tipped FG attempt away from a 5 game losing streak and being 2-6 on the season with at least one more loss coming next week too. This is Gailey's third year here and in each season we had a long losing stretch. This year we're only at 4 out of 5 games and soon to be 5 out 6 games instead of 8 losses in a row and 8 out of 9 to finish last season. We could have a chance to reach his target.

Comment

• Thief
            • Sep 2009

What about the full play clock socking huddle near end of the game when they should have been in full on hurry up?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
              I couldn't believe it myself. You have time for one shot and they don't even consider it. Gailey was coaching scared today. He should say the hell with it since he's lost twice as many games as he has won here and go all out to try and win some freaking games.

Today reminded me of the Dick Jauron/Trent Edwards era where we would never try any throws into the endzone and just try and dink and dunk our way to victory. Oddly enough we had more wins with that combination and that's just scary to even think about. There was less talent then too. That just shows how bad Gailey and this regime is.
              Maybe we can hope for our defense to rise up & save the day everytime, why else would you not take a shot at a lead at that point?

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

You left out "Take a ****ing knee and don't even try since it's under 2 minutes and we don't have a 2 minute drill because we are unbelievably ****ed at our coaching positions."

I'd vote for that one.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Thief View Post
                  What about the full play clock socking huddle near end of the game when they should have been in full on hurry up?
                  This team PLANS to lose! Until Ralph dies this team will continually find ways to lose so that diehards will fall off whatever "wagon" we've been on so to ease the pain of moving from a non profitable NFL market. We're loyal, but we don't give Roger enough money.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i also wouldn't kick field goals inside the red zone when i'm losing to the best team in the AFC in their house and i've got 4th and 2 inside the redzone 3 times.

first missed fieldgoal was a 4th and 9...so excusable. but when he missed it, i lose all confidence in my kicker.
                    second kick was a 4th and 2 from the 4 yard line. averaging 6 yards a carry. seems odd when you are down by 7 to take a field goal. smacks of "i don't want ot get shut out.
                    third was what was cited by original poster...that also was gutless. and what is awesome is they didn't even run the clock down correctly. they still had to kick the ball off. if you are going to be a weenie about it. run the clock to 3 seconds.
                    last field goal was 4th and 2 after they just scored a touchdown. a field goal means nothing. 21-6 or 21-9. who cares.

coaching staff has officially lost me.

Comment

• gebobs
                      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                      • Sep 2003

Gailey is a gutless POS. I've been saying that since 2007 when GaTech went conservative and blew a 35-17 lead against WVa in the Gator Bowl. Last 5 drives: 24 plays for 80 yards, 3 punts, a pick and missed 51 yard FGA. 52 yards came on one drive that lead to the interception. The other four drives: 16 plays, 28 yards.

I got physically ill when they announced he was hired.
                      Last edited by gebobs; 11-05-2012, 10:03 AM.
                      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

I said out loud, '100% of other teams would throw one to the end zone right now w/ plenty of time on the clock, we will kick a field goal right now'.
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                          I said out loud, '100% of other teams would throw one to the end zone right now w/ plenty of time on the clock, we will kick a field goal right now'.
                          The other teams don't have Fitzpatrick, who is as likely to throw an INT as he is a TD in that spot.
                          Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 11-05-2012, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                            i also wouldn't kick field goals inside the red zone when i'm losing to the best team in the AFC in their house and i've got 4th and 2 inside the redzone 3 times.

third was what was cited by original poster...that also was gutless. and what is awesome is they didn't even run the clock down correctly. they still had to kick the ball off. if you are going to be a weenie about it. run the clock to 3 seconds.

Calling time out with 9 seconds left shows how clueless or chicken this coaching staff is. I don't remember if it was Gailey or a player on the field who called time out after the sack, but the only way it is justified is if Fitzpatrick called time out after the sack thinking he would take another shot at the endzone & was overruled by the coaching staff. If it was the coaches who called time out, then it's even worse than being scared because it means they didn't know what they were going to do when they called time out, thought it over and then turned yellow.
                            No case can be made that an alert coaching staff with one time out would know they're kicking a field goal and not wait until right before the clock is about to run out to use that time out.

Does anyone with the game recorded or one who paid more attention than me know who was the one who called time out?

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

I expect it was a player. The heat of battle causes time dilation. They probably thought there wasn't even time enough to look at the clock and just signaled time out. Nonetheless...you GOTTA TAKE A SHOT.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                              The other teams don't have Fitzpatrick, who is as likely to throw an INT as he is a TD in that spot.
                              Even more likely. :-)
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍