I don't like seeing players get hurt unless it's Tom Brady, but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: I don't like seeing players get hurt unless it's Tom Brady, but.....

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
    Honestly having Whitner and Pos starting, along with McKelvin, would make our D not as bad, and would improve it. Our issues just so happen to be what we replaced these guys, and they were at least average at there spots. We now need a SS, MLB, and CB now, seems funny that we got rid of 2 solid ones who are both having very good solid seasons.

I completely disagree that we would be any better with those two. We would be about the same. Whitner sucks, Poz is just average. Neither make big plays. I do agree that we failed to upgrade the positions though. Bird is slightly above average at S, Wilson and Scott are only average. Our LB's blow, although Bradham is showing some promise.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      I completely disagree that we would be any better with those two. We would be about the same. Whitner sucks, Poz is just average. Neither make big plays. I do agree that we failed to upgrade the positions though. Bird is slightly above average at S, Wilson and Scott are only average. Our LB's blow, although Bradham is showing some promise.

Ok, Byrd is way above above average. Hes one of the best pure FS in the NFL. SF coaches, fans, and annalysts all say nothing but good things about Whitner, and hes one of there leaders. You cant tell me that hes not good if hes considered one of the top leaders and players on arguably the best team in the NFL. Poz is solid, he doesnt miss easy tackles, hes always in position vs the run, and hes not afraid to make a hit. Think of all the times Sheppard misses a tackle or is out of position. I guarentee that Poz makes those tackles, and is right in the gap. His issue was he would get knocked backwards to much, but that just means a 3 yd gain often was a 6. Not a 3 yd gain going for 45 like Sheppard does each and every week. Whitner would at least make the tackle and was a solid tackler. He would also not fall for every single fake like Wilson. Both would take away at least half of the big plays
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        I always hoped Whitner would step up. I just never expected him to.
        gotcha. then you're doing the same thing again here. I hope you're not expecting Mckelvin to step up.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          gotcha. then you're doing the same thing again here. I hope you're not expecting Mckelvin to step up.
          No, I'm not expecting him to step up. I'm hoping he does.

I do expect him to be better than Williams, but only because being better than Williams simply means not being grossly incompetent.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

We should draft at least one more CB in the top 3 rounds this coming year.

were bound to get it right.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Out for a few weeks, apparently.

Did anybody notice if Brooks saw the field at all on Sunday?
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• streetkings01
                • Jul 2006

Leodis is a better football player then AJ Williams will ever be and that aint saying much. Watching AJ Williams play made me miss Chris Watson and Drayton Florence.
                You can call me streetkings

Comment

• jimmifli
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                  We should draft at least one more CB in the top 3 rounds this coming year.

were bound to get it right.
                  Greer + Winfield starting with Gilmour in the slot, McKelvin as the dime and McGee as 5th CB. No need to draft Clements, McKelvin or Williams.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                    Greer + Winfield starting with Gilmour in the slot, McKelvin as the dime and McGee as 5th CB. No need to draft Clements, McKelvin or Williams.

Yes, if McKelvin is in the dime there would be no need to draft him.....................
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• jimmifli
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                      Yes, if McKelvin is in the dime there would be no need to draft him.....................
                      I don't know many GM's that would spend a first on a dime back but all the power to you...

Comment

• Buddo
                        • Mar 2007

TBH, Williams will be probably moved to Safety, and that was always a possibility. I think he will be fine there.

In fairness, this year, McKelvin has been very good on returns, and I don't think he's made any glaring errors. The only one I can think of, involved a good bounce for the opposition, so looked a lot worse than it might have been.

We desperately need a vet corner now.

The gamble to keep McGee over Florence, failed, and while both Brooks and Rogers have talent, their inexperience will get us gashed too much for either one to be considered a viable option immediately.

Rogers would be favourite, but is probably best off staying as the nickel, so unless we sign someone in a hurry, it'll be McKelvin opposite Gilmore against the Patsies, which is a highly uninspiring thought.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍