An offense i would love to see

Hire Chip as the coach and with his ability surround him with

QB- Geno Smith
    RB- CJ Spiller
    FB- Dorin Dickerson
    WR- Stevie, Mike Wallace, TJ, Nelson
    TE- Chandler, Travis Beckum

Grab a hard hitting safety and a solid MLB in round 2/4+ or FA
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: An offense i would love to see

geno smith is in free fall. i know he will be a bill next year because he looks like a project and he looks like a guy who can't do anything. he seems to be to be a slightly better losman thus far.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    geno smith is in free fall. i know he will be a bill next year because he looks like a project and he looks like a guy who can't do anything. he seems to be to be a slightly better losman thus far.
    Can I ask what you're basing your free fall comment on?
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Geno Smith is a big strong pocket QB who throws into tight windows and has amazing accuracy anywhere on the field. Hes had some issues mainly because he has no defense. Hell probably drop to 5-12 picks based on his struggles lately, but hes done an amazing job this year and is actually making WV recognized. With his deep passes and he can run when he needs to, he would be solid with our O, and Chip would be amazing with him as his QB

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

in my opinion in the last 3 games (the bigger challenge games), he wasn't very good. granted i watch very limited football.

but i want a guy who can win the big games. I want the guy you can depend on. i watched the TCU game and he was a non factor as that game wore on. At home. against an unranked team.

It's obviously not my choice to make, but if it was, i wouldn't want him.

i defer to draftboy as he knows a lot more on player slottings. but to me, i was curious after the first 3 games, and these last 3 games made me think we've seen andre ware put up big numbers and then not get it.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

in my opinion in the last 3 games (the bigger challenge games), he wasn't very good. granted i watch very limited football.

but i want a guy who can win the big games. I want the guy you can depend on. i watched the TCU game and he was a non factor as that game wore on. At home. against an unranked team.
    I agree. I hated Bledsoe because he was a choke artist when the game was on the line. BUt I am so desperate for a qb who can at least throw deep that I would take Drew over any qb's we've had except Flutie.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i defer to draftboy as he knows a lot more on player slottings. but to me, i was curious after the first 3 games, and these last 3 games made me think we've seen andre ware put up big numbers and then not get it.
    You watched the TCU game where he completed just under 60%, had 260+, 3 TD's and 1 INT? I didn't see the game myself, so I haven't broken it down. Based on the box score though looked like WVU continually had offensive answers through Smith or Austin and the D just couldn't get a stop. Up 7 with jsut over 90 seconds left and you allow a 90+ yard TD pass with a very young and inexperienced QB?

Don't get me wrong Smith has dealt with some struggles recently, mainly due to wrong reads, but he's a Top 10-15 prospect still without a doubt.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

well with the line the way it is now and with a good run game. a 2001 bledsoe might be able to get you to the playoffs. he'll lose in a blowout in the wildcard game, but at least we got there.

i know draftboy doesn't like Klein out of KS, but that guy seems to show signs of being a winner. he's a guy i would want ahead of guys who can beat up on weak teams.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i know draftboy doesn't like Klein out of KS, but that guy seems to show signs of being a winner. he's a guy i would want ahead of guys who can beat up on weak teams.
    Blah

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WV overall is a terrible team. They have 3 great players on O, then the rest of the team is ok. Its also how he would fit in chips O. But there is no QBs coming out this year that pose anything but a below average running threat. Geno is probably the biggest running threat and he has a great arm. His fundementals are great, and he can make every throw.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

well with the line the way it is now and with a good run game. a 2001 bledsoe might be able to get you to the playoffs. he'll lose in a blowout in the wildcard game, but at least we got there.

Hes this years Pryor, Kellen Moore, Graham Harrel, Colt Brennan, Tim Tebow, etc

Thanks
    Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

People forget it was Bledsoe that got the Pats to their first superbowl when Brady was knocked out of the Pittsburgh game. He also went to another superbowl... Of course he had his safety blanket Ben Coats that time... he never looked the same without him.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

and now we have chandler who dropped a critical 3rd down pass that was in his hands. clearly no point going further in this conversation.

i just wish this team had a vision. this management had a vision to stick it out with fitzy. it had a vision to stand by gailey no matter how bad it gets. they hvae a plan to keep a CEO who hasn't done anything 12 years worthy of keeping the gig. a vision to not sign a lease. this team is rotten to the core. they designed this to move the team away.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think there is any QB in this draft who is the equal of Andrew Luck or RGIII. That doesn't mean you can't get a solid starter and a winner out of it. Geno Smith is a good QB on an otherwise fairly bad team. He may need to work on some things to have a great pro game, but I don't see any reason he couldn't be a day one starter for somebody next season. I also think Matt Barkley can be a day one starter, though he doesn't have as much upside. It starts to get more "iffy" with other QBs in this draft. That's not to say there aren't some other potential starters, but I think they might need some time to get there. I get the impression that Colin Klein is a bit like Matt Barkley. He doesn't have elite physical traits, but he's pretty consistent and does what is asked of him.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

15. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Tannehil was a day one starter, so will Geno

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i hope you are right. it just seems to be like a gamble and a gamble we typically lose.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    If Tannehil was a day one starter, so will Geno
    I was one of the few people on the range that liked Tannehill, too bad Miami hired Philbin/Sherman because I heard Doug Whaley was a fan of his as well. He looks like he's going to be a formidable opponent, especially if he gets some WR's.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Geno Smith is a big strong pocket QB who throws into tight windows and has amazing accuracy anywhere on the field. Hes had some issues mainly because he has no defense. Hell probably drop to 5-12 picks based on his struggles lately, but hes done an amazing job this year and is actually making WV recognized. With his deep passes and he can run when he needs to, he would be solid with our O, and Chip would be amazing with him as his QB
    Look, I'm not dead set against him. But his accuracy is only amazing if you think he's gifted at throwing at both the WR's and defenders. He's made many bad throws as of late. Do I think it's a huge issue? No. But it certainly doesn't make someone totally believe he's a day one starter and franchise QB. Could he be? Sure. But, He's just not a sure thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not a fan of Smith.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We don't need another college offensive system.