Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

  1. #1
    Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,359
    Thanks
    1,154
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 791 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    9
    ZoneBux
    4,518.09
    Bank
    561,005.14
    Total ZoneBux
    565,523.23
    Donate

    GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Well, nice of him to tell us this now. Unfortunately, it's so ingrained in our collective wisdom-and is a virtual certainty in GOP circles-that you can't even convince the other side that it isn't real...

    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...gy.php?ref=fpb
    "Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

    -Tyrion Lannister to Jon Snow, "Game of Thrones"

  2. #2
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    74,643
    Thanks
    3,732
    Thanked 7,077 Times in 3,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    210
    ZoneBux
    182,252.39
    Bank
    959,498.71
    Total ZoneBux
    1,141,751.10
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    I don't think it's ingrained in the collective wisdom. There are many on this board alone who challenged the need for all the GOP voter exclusion, er, registration laws as laws addressing a problem that doesn't really exist. Hell, even if you go to the page of the main group fighting this, their list of examples is far from extensive and not nearly enough to affect even one local-level election, let alone a state or national one.

    It's ingrained in the collective wisdom of the Fox News automatons, if you can call that "wisdom." Conservatives and their favored media outlets know how to play off the fears of the ignorant. And no, I'm not saying that every conservative is ignorant because certainly that's not true. But there are quite a few that are, and conservative leaders absolutely use fear to motivate them to behave in the desired manner in the voting booth.

  3. #3
    World's smartest guy Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    16,058
    Thanks
    3,151
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    46
    ZoneBux
    202,259.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    202,259.31
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    They know it's not real.

    They're lying.
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.

  4. Post thanked by:

    Historian (11-06-2012),ThunderGun (11-06-2012)

  5. #4
    Go Sabres!! Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    987
    Thanks
    429
    Thanked 223 Times in 157 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4
    ZoneBux
    13,975.67
    Bank
    103,193.71
    Total ZoneBux
    117,169.38
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Because having to show an id is such an unfair burden...
    If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.
    President Obama July/ 2009,

    ...

  6. #5
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,018
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked 3,422 Times in 2,505 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28
    ZoneBux
    90,130.80
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    90,130.80
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Because having to show an id is such an unfair burden...
    it takes months to get the proper paperwork in order to get an ID. to pass a law a few weeks before the election does not give people enough time to get the proper papers in order to get their ID. hence why those laws are unfair.

  7. #6
    Go Sabres!! Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    987
    Thanks
    429
    Thanked 223 Times in 157 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4
    ZoneBux
    13,975.67
    Bank
    103,193.71
    Total ZoneBux
    117,169.38
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    it takes months to get the proper paperwork in order to get an ID. to pass a law a few weeks before the election does not give people enough time to get the proper papers in order to get their ID. hence why those laws are unfair.

    Whatever.. Enough stupid excuses. Everytime you guys try to argue against such a common sense requirement I swear you lose another 10 IQ points...

    Everyone needs ID to do pretty much anything nowadays... Do you actually know a adult who doesn't have or in months away from getting identification?
    Last edited by Gilly; 11-05-2012 at 09:15 PM.

  8. #7
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,018
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked 3,422 Times in 2,505 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28
    ZoneBux
    90,130.80
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    90,130.80
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    excuses? fact is voter fraud doesnt exist, so why all the sudden uproar about it? because republicans want to change the rules so they can win. its sad.

    theres no reason to get an ID just to be able to vote. get over it.

  9. Post thanked by:

    ThunderGun (11-06-2012)

  10. #8
    Go Sabres!! Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    987
    Thanks
    429
    Thanked 223 Times in 157 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4
    ZoneBux
    13,975.67
    Bank
    103,193.71
    Total ZoneBux
    117,169.38
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    excuses? fact is voter fraud doesnt exist, so why all the sudden uproar about it? because republicans want to change the rules so they can win. its sad.

    theres no reason to get an ID just to be able to vote. get over it.
    Democrats...

  11. #9
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,018
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked 3,422 Times in 2,505 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28
    ZoneBux
    90,130.80
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    90,130.80
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Democrats...
    solid retort.

  12. #10
    Pucker up, Buttercup
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,781
    Thanks
    4,446
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    64,278.84
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    64,278.84
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Democrats...
    You POS can't win without cheating or suppressing the vote!! FACT!

  13. #11
    Go Sabres!! Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    987
    Thanks
    429
    Thanked 223 Times in 157 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4
    ZoneBux
    13,975.67
    Bank
    103,193.71
    Total ZoneBux
    117,169.38
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Like I said before having to show ID is totally suppressing the people's right to vote.....

    Those bastards want to reenact the Jim crow laws next!!

  14. #12
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,632
    Thanks
    783
    Thanked 982 Times in 654 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    57,421.50
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    57,421.50
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    only democrats fail to have ID? really?

  15. #13
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,018
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked 3,422 Times in 2,505 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28
    ZoneBux
    90,130.80
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    90,130.80
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Like I said before having to show ID is totally suppressing the people's right to vote.....

    Those bastards want to reenact the Jim crow laws next!!
    its not the IDs. its the law changing without giving people the proper amount of time to get IDs, thus suppressing their right to vote.

  16. #14
    Pucker up, Buttercup
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,781
    Thanks
    4,446
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    64,278.84
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    64,278.84
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Of course voter fraud is real, Republicans pull it off all the time.

  17. #15
    World's smartest guy Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    16,058
    Thanks
    3,151
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    46
    ZoneBux
    202,259.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    202,259.31
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Quote Originally Posted by denverboz View Post
    Of course voter fraud is real, Republicans pull it off all the time.
    Voter fraud isn't real.

    Vote counting and reporting fraud IS real.

  18. #16
    CIA-MIC profiteer extraordinaire Muktar al-Portlandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: al-Sharti
    Posts
    1,853
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 501 Times in 338 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    6
    ZoneBux
    42,059.33
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    42,059.33
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Because having to show an id is such an unfair burden...
    Identify yourself.

  19. #17
    CIA-MIC profiteer extraordinaire Muktar al-Portlandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: al-Sharti
    Posts
    1,853
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 501 Times in 338 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    6
    ZoneBux
    42,059.33
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    42,059.33
    Donate

    Re: GOP strategist: Voter fraud isn't real

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    only democrats fail to have ID? really?
    Can you cite one GOP strategy on voting access that hurts their turnout?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •